Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • The funniest thing on the telly EVER!
  • martinhutch

Nothing ages perfectly, but Big Train has done pretty well overall.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think dad’s army is still pretty bloody good despite its age.

Excellent writing. Then you realise that these actors mucking about being silly were people who had seen/experienced the horrors of war. Godfrey for eg

He saw active service in the war, sustaining several wounds in close-quarter battle. His left hand was left virtually useless by wounds sustained on the Somme;[6][8] his legs were riddled with shrapnel; he received a bayonet wound in the groin; and the legacy of a blow to the head from a German soldier’s rifle butt left him prone to blackouts after the war.[6][9] He was medically discharged from the army with the rank of lance corporal in May 1917.[7] He received the British War Medal and the Victory Medal for his service.[7]

Adds to the delivery I reckon.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

“Some of the “but before I go…” speeches on New World Order had me hysterical. One where he listed a load of bizarre sexual positions in particular. Genius.”

Frankie Boyle is absolutely insane. Go watch his shows/get one on DVD though – it takes it to a level that normal telly wouldn’t allow 😀

I forgot about an obvious one earlier – most of the Inbetweeners (incl the films). The episode in the first (?) series where they go to the seaside – asking the elderly ice cream lady for a BJ, setting off a flare from a rowing boat in the harbour, Simon standing naked waving to everyone wearing nothing but a sock and Neil punching a fish to death… Think that was the first episode I ever saw and was hooked… Just brilliant, teenage humour that I’ve hung onto into my 40s…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Well, prompted by this thread and the fact the BBC keeps pulling YT clips, I’ve just thrown the price of a southern pint at a Big Train DVD collection.

andylc
    Free Member

The Big Train no I don’t speak English sketch is one of my faves ever. Although there are many brilliant ones to choose from.

bri-72

Peep show burnt dog episode. I recall the kind of laugh where you stop being able to breath and laugh turns to panic!

silverneedle
    Free Member

The Toast of London gay voice over scene.
    The bit in Frank of Ireland where they are getting cage fighting lessons. 10 seconds in from the begining of the video titled Frank and Doofus bigest fails

binners

Frankie Boyle is absolutely insane. Go watch his shows/get one on DVD though – it takes it to a level that normal telly wouldn’t allow 😀

We went to see him live a few weeks ago and it was absolutely off the ****ing chart. No way on earth would you get any of that stuff on telly. I was laughing so much it hurt, then you stop and say to yourself “this is so wrong, I really shouldn’t be laughing at that” then laughing even more

The closest you get are his closing monologues on New World Order which are the work of twisted genius!

Cougar

We went to see him live a few weeks ago and it was absolutely off the ****ing chart. No way on earth would you get any of that stuff on telly.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the Internet people are whining “you can’t say anything any more!”

People like Frankie Boyle put into stark relief what that phrase actually means.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.