Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • The Donald just went full Trump
  • Sandwich

Without his money he (Trump) would just be the nutter on the bus. The one my lovely wife will attract and talk to!

molgrips
    Free Member

So it looks like 10-15% of Americans are extreme nutjobs.

I don’t think the percentage of nutjobs is that high. Most of those supporters are simply very poorly educated* and consequently ignorant.

* I’m not just talking about formal education

steveoath
    Free Member

As impractical as it is reprehensible. How do you decide who is a muslim?

Time all incoming flights to land just before Salat al-zuhr. When in the immigration line just single out those praying. Easy innit.

seriously though. Is Trump real? Sounds like a character from a Mel Brooks film.

grum
    Free Member

I bet he’s ISIS’ preferred candidate for the presidency.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Part of me hopes Trump is just doing this for the publicity and to boost his ego (“I don’t need to fund-raise as I’m so rich”) in order to bolster his business interests. Then there is the quite terrifying prospect of him being serious, the other Republican candidates are struggling and there is a chance he could win the Presidency, an outside chance but it’s a two horse race so if you are in it you have a chance. There are many states which will not vote Democrat no matter who stands

LapSteel
    Free Member

Calm down people….he’s trolling 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Surprised to hear you’re not a Trump fan jambalaya. Your opinions on Muslims seem pretty consistent with his.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is not pro ISraeli enough for Jambys tastes

atlaz
    Free Member

I hope that in a few weeks Trump looks at a camera during an interview and says “See, and this is how the Nazi party whipped up their support in Germany in the late 30s. I have been The Donald and you’ve been part of my new educational TV franchise”.

I doubt it though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He’s the preferred Anarchist choice.

ransos
    Free Member

He just needs to get the Republican nomination, it doesn’t matter that all the bleeding-heart liberals laugh at him.

#

When you say “bleeding-heart liberals” I think you mean “anyone who isn’t a fascist”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Surprised to hear you’re not a Trump fan jambalaya. Your opinions on Muslims seem pretty consistent with his.

Not a shred of evidence to suggest thats even remotely true and you know it.

JY whoever wins the Presidency they will be much more supportive of Israel than Obama, Netanyahu knows that which is why he accepted the Republican invitation to speak without consulting Obama. Clinton is very pro-Israel. Natanyahu secured $10bn of additional military aid from Obama as a result of the Iranian Nuclear deal, so I imagine net/net he’s quite happy with that and Obama is in the twilight of his term and Netanyahu is looking to the future.

lemonysam
    Free Member

When you say “bleeding-heart liberals” I think you mean “anyone who isn’t a fascist”.

I generally find that that’s the case whenever someone uses the phrase “bleeding-heart liberals”.

grum
    Free Member

Evidence, lol.

kimbers

you only have to mention the word fascist and the discussion becomes about netinyahu….

DezB
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is there not like a test you have to sit or anything? They just let you stand? Even if you’re the biggest bell end in the western world? Really? I’d start with:

Question one:

Are you a massive bell end?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Question one:

Are you a massive bell end?

Not sure, better ask the internet

zilog6128

Not sure, better ask the internet

Actually I have as much of a problem with a reporter from a national newspaper – laughably called the “Independent” – deliberately mis-representing someone’s viewpoint due to personal bias & the desire to create a shocking-sounding headline, as I do with a guy like Trump.

athgray
    Free Member

Scottish government shold compulsory purchase Trump International luxury hotel at Balmedie and house Syrian refugees there.

jam-bo

shouldn’t he be calling for banning americans from america?

bikebouy
    Free Member

It would be good to hear Trump’s speech over here, see him too.
    I mean, when you think of the publicity he garnered for the Golf course in East Scotland and subsequent backlash, then railroad, his POV looks like it’s mellowed somewhat.

I vote SamCam to open the invite, swish her succulent brown locks over her shoulders and kick her heels out whilst extending her right hand invite.
    Capture that on TV and you’ve got the next reality show right there.

I expect ITV have thought of that format and sold the Advertising space to the Cola franchise already.

konabunny
    Free Member

He’s not racist, some of his best friends are Scottish Nationalists…

oldnpastit

That is exactly the meaning I had in mind 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

someone needs to hoof him in the slats and wee in his shoes…then maybe shove those ridiculously long ties of his down his gob!!

digga
    Free Member

Relax. He’s just trying to distract attention from that ridiculous syrup.

franksinatra

30k or so deaths by guns in US each year. That is a stunning and ridiculous figure, yet it hardly gets a mention in any presidential debates or commentary.

wwaswas

They’re not keen on him at the Philadelphia News

timidwheeler

Wasn’t 9/11 a bit terrorism related? Or am I misreading something?

wwaswas

always start a graph after the event you’re trying not to include in the statistics.

aracer
    Free Member

Though even if you do include it, it’s only about 10% of the number of non-terrorist firearm deaths in the US that year

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah but firearms deaths are mostly blacks and hispanics killing each other so in the Trumpiverse that’s a good thing, yeah?

GrahamS

Wasn’t 9/11 a bit terrorism related? Or am I misreading something?

That 9/11 was in 2001 and the graph (conveniently) starts at 2004?

jambalaya
    Free Member

30k or so deaths by guns in US each year. That is a stunning and ridiculous figure, yet it hardly gets a mention

@frank
    to the contrary its a major issue in every election, in fact continually. However the pro gun lobby will say if you look into those figures you have suicides, large numbers killed in gang violence including drugs and that a large proportion of these deaths use illegally held firearms.

As for the gun deaths vs terrorism chart you could do the same for road deaths (50k pa in the US ?) so clearly we should ban cars or make everyone drive at 10mph ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay, we’ve got the car v gun comparison. Awesome.

franksinatra

However the pro gun lobby will say if you look into those figures you have suicides, large numbers killed in gang violence including drugs and that a large proportion of these deaths use illegally held firearms.

Suicides, using guns
    Gang violence, using guns
    Illegally held firearms, that probably started off as legally held guns.

But it is okay, lets just ban cars instead as they kill more people.

wwaswas

and cars have no purpose or function other than to harm humans whereas handguns all sorts of alternative uses around the home.

amedias
    Free Member

That 9/11 was in 2001 and the graph (conveniently) starts at 2004?

<benefit of doubt mode>
    Graph created in 2014 and supposed to cover ‘last decade’
    </benefit of doubt mode>

But even if you did include it and go back to 2001 or earlier it would still be a dwarfed by the gun deaths, and that’s before you even question the idea of whether or not you should include single, infrequent, and unusual events when looking at trends.

Not to mention that they have taken action* to prevent another occurence of a 2001 style event, but aren’t exactly taking much action to address the huge gun toting elephant in the room.

*I’d hate to see the graphs of worldwide/non-US deaths as a result of said action.

molgrips
    Free Member

no purpose or function other than to harm humans

It’s worth pointing out that a plenty of guns in the US are bought for recreational purposes i.e. hunting. These are no different to fishing rods or bikes in the minds of their owners. Of course they can be ‘repurposed’ as we know.

Looks like about 1/6 of gun owners are hunters, but hunters often have quite a few guns (n+1 applies):

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-gun-owners-outnumbered-hunters-5-1-2011

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘The Donald just went full Trump’ is closed to new replies.