Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • The Donald just went full Trump
  • Northwind

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/07/trump-calls-for-complete-shutdown-on-muslims-entering-us.html

Even Fox don’t seem that comfortable with it… You never go full Trump.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps an identifier that they could pin to their clothing….

Trying to work out if it would go well or badly if Trump was involved in an indecent that meant no more Trumping

jambalaya
    Free Member

Totally.Barking.Mad.

Everyone even tourists.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Everyone even tourists.

You think they should let Muslim tourists in ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Twitter reaction 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Everyone including American citizens who are Muslim but are abroad

When asked by The Hill if that included Muslim Americans who may currently be abroad, his spokeswoman said: “Mr Trump says everyone.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/262348-trump-calls-for-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-us
    Too early for Godwin?

oldnpastit

You all laugh. But he’s way ahead in the polls.

He just needs to get the Republican nomination, it doesn’t matter that all the bleeding-heart liberals laugh at him.

And once he’s the candidate, Republicans will have to vote for him whether they like him or not, as the alternative will be too awful to contemplate.

So better get used to seeing him around.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh sorry, but the satire on social media is sublime…

Donald Trump is basically a YouTube comment section running for president

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He just needs to get the Republican nomination

The people who get polled are not the same as those who go tot he primaries, getting the nomination is a tough game and decided by people interested in politics, the people being polled are liking some idiot.
    Even the bonkers right wing idiots I met were not keen on Trump.

it doesn’t matter that all the bleeding-heart liberals laugh at him.

By bleeding heart liberals do you mean people who are not racist scum, idiots or simple delusional pricks?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree that there’s nothing funny about Trump. Even if he fails to win the Republican nomination this latest outburst will help to achieve two things.

Firstly it will further whip up hatred and division, and secondly, it will hugely help to make other Republican candidates appear moderate.

And we know from Jeb Bush’s warmongering brother that despite being very different to Trump this is not necessarily true.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it doesn’t matter that all the bleeding-heart liberals laugh at him.

Except that his own party has given him a pasting today after the comments. Even Jeb Bush called him “unhinged.”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member

Which Polls?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

scotroutes

It’ll make bus travel more comfortable.

pondo

Only near Bristol.

Seriously, he’s a ruckus-rousing eedjit beyond compare.

batfink
    Free Member

will it make any difference though? I agree this is another level of appalling rhetoric, but his followers already know he’s a racist, xenophobe and all-round awful human being….. will this lose him any voters? I suspect not.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Horrible man.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Scott Adams has been predicting Trump winning the presidential election since August. He takes Trump quite seriously as a very capable politician. I’m not sure I agree, but it’s quite interesting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Exactly, Scott Adams back up his prediction with

Over at 2016 Presidential Campaign Predictions they are tracking pundit predictions for the presidential race, including mine. But they have my Trump prediction dated in November. The first time I predicted he would win it all was August. I revised the prediction to “landslide” in October.

In the unlikely event that my August prediction turns out to be right (that Trump wins it all), the world is not ready to believe I could see it so early. Assuming I did.
    (only 2 comments down the page)
    and following the link above he struggles to come out on top in the Rep candidate polls vs Clinton.
    If there is one thing that comes out is if the alternative is an arsehole it will mobilise those less inclined to vote to vote the other way.

batfink
    Free Member

omg….. just read some comments on social media. I’m properly shocked.

boxelder

Perhaps an identifier that they could pin to their clothing….

No need – their characteristic facial features will give them away – lovely brown eyes and a friendly smile.

He’s a hate preacher, radicalising the unwary/stupid. What’s the Daily Mail’s take on it all I wonder.
    #you’renoChristianbruv

nickc

Which is one of the reasons he says these stupid things. every time his numbers slip, he comes back with something more extreme to say.

matt_outandabout

But how do we know they are Muslim? What about those in the Emerica already? The only way to know is to put a tattoo on them and keep them in the same neighbourhood.

I am sure I saw a documentary on someone else who did that to some group or other…..

nuke

Regardless of whether he wins the Republican nomination or not, I’m still staggered how well he is doing and how many Americans are prepared to vote for him

wwaswas

One of these statements is by Trump, the other Hilary Clinton. If the first wasn’t attributed it might be tricky to tell the difference?

He’s a bit like the Farage of UK politics, to my mind – he’s saying things he knows will strike a chord with 30% of voters and not giving a stuff what the rest think.

It’s not Trump that’s the issue, it’s the fears and prejudices of those who’s thoughts he’s articulating. Unless they are addressed Trump (or someone like him) will continue to grab headlines and move all political discourse to the right.

fasthaggis

They must be so very proud in Robert Gordons,what a fantastic honorary degree recipient to have on their list. 👿

boxelder

waswas – those quotes are about trying to combat the ‘terror threat’ through media control.
    Trump’s could be about gun-toting US psychos!
    Trump’s other (OP) statements are about making an entire religious/racial group (he doesn’t know) with terrorist actions.
    Totally different.

wwaswas

boxelder – I was trying to use it as an example of where what he’s saying in some areas (not the Muslims thing) is either driving or reflecting more mainstream opinions.

As above – he comes out with the the outrageous stuff if he sees himself slipping in the polls but, like UKIP, the majority of what he says seems ‘reasonable’ to a lot of people. They take the ‘ban muslims’ thing as ‘going a bit far’ but agree with the sentiment of protecting themselves by barring ‘the other’ from entering their country.

It’s very carefully calculated and ensures a far wider appeal than he would otherwise have.

kimbers

Only in the Republican nomination polling

In the presidential polls even with hillarys baggage most same Americans will vote Clinton over trump

Still a scary idea that he has so much support

noltae
    Free Member

Useful Idiot Track World ..

athgray
    Free Member

As impractical as it is reprehensible. How do you decide who is a muslim?

Pigface
    Free Member

Trump appeals to the average American that does not live on either of the coasts. There are enough nut jobs and wackos to rival ISIS living in America.

Klunk
    Free Member

the vox popping on r4 this morning is truly terrorfying, the us media has so skewed the typical septics perception of the risks of terrorism.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some clear and provocative comments made to shock.

He does have a load of support, folks that would never ever consider voting for the current incumbent.

konabunny
    Free Member

Are you kidding? We have a whole forum of theologians here who can tell you what is and isn’t “real Islam”.

oldnpastit

He’s possibly just one well-timed terrorist attack away from the White House.

binners

Its cos they is brown, innit

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the vox popping on r4 this morning is truly terrorfying, the us media has so skewed the typical septics perception of the risks of terrorism.

Just like saying what people want to hear, do you really think the BBC or anyone else would trawl through their recordings looking for the moderate stuff? Or just give you the extreme nutjobs that back up your stereotypes about Americans?

Its cos they is brown, innit

A dangerous path, first they came for the extremists, then the Gregs Steak Bake, by the time they came for the caramel gregsnut there was no one left to speak out.

Nobby

Simple, just re-word the old ‘communist’ question and put it back on the visa/ESTA application…..

Are you now, have you ever been or have you considered becoming a muslim?

I’m sure everyone would answer that honestly 😕

He’s clearly an attention seeking nutjob and I’d assume that even the Murkens can see that.

matt_outandabout

oldnpastit – Member

He’s possibly just one well-timed terrorist attack away from the White House.

+1

wwaswas

the extreme nutjobs that back up your stereotypes about Americans?

25% of Americans ‘identify’ as Republican and 40% of them seem to be supporting trump.

So it looks like 10-15% of Americans are extreme nutjobs. Which is quite high, imo.

Although 8% of Americans believe the moon landings were faked so they’re clearly not prone to rational thought.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘The Donald just went full Trump’ is closed to new replies.