Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • THE APPRENTICE its back tonight at 21.00 BBC 1
  • binners

Like probably everybody else outside Hoxton and Shoreditch, I was gobsmacked that you could charge someone a fiver for a donut simply by adding the word ‘Artisan’ before it. 😳

Then I wondered about moving down there and setting up a business selling ‘Craft’ toilet rolls and Artiisan’ sprouts

tomparkin

And to think, my Mrs was hemming and hawing about buying the kids a 29p Lidl donut apiece.

How the other half live, eh?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If its about pride in making a quality product why not have pride in using an adjective rather than a noun to describe it? Or are they only for artisans? Tossers.

artisanal

/ɑːˈtɪzən(ə)l/

adjective

relating to or characteristic of an artisan.

“artisanal skills”

(of a product, especially food or drink) made in a traditional or non-mechanized way.

“artisanal cheese

project
    Free Member

Totally forgot i started this thread,

FRANKS GONE,

and the price of Donuts,  6 for 65 p in Tesco, not a fiver, also some great characters,

thankfully we dont need to interact with any of them.

razorrazoo

Like probably everybody else outside Hoxton and Shoreditch, I was gobsmacked that you could charge someone a fiver for a donut simply by adding the word ‘Artisan’ before it.

Im pretty sure that most residents of Hoxton and Shoreditch wouldn’t either binners. Certainly not for the rubbish produced last night.

Its all staged anyway, I’ll bet the producers are cajoling passes by to spend a bit of cash for the chance of 5 seconds in TV.  And parts when they are ‘selling’ to businesses are so contrived.

This year they seemed to have down the impossible and found even less credible candidates than before.

Will still watch until the interview stages though, beyond there I can bear it no longer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone watching tonight?

They are selling art.

Genius.

drlex
    Free Member

My cringe gland can’t tolerate the stimulation, so watching Kevin McC on 4.

crazy-legs

They are selling art.

They are talking over the owner of an expensive bespoke music system who is busy demonstrating said system by playing some beautiful classical music through it.

“Is it surround sound?”

No, it’s a **** iphone – what do you think it is?!

/facepalm

What annoys me about this is that it’s all to do with selling and pitching, nothing to do with things like customer satisfaction. Everything seems like a seagull project – come in, flap around, squawk a lot, shit over everything and then leave it in a mess.

jon1973
    Free Member

What annoys me about this is that it’s all to do with selling and pitching, nothing to do with things like customer satisfaction. Everything seems like a seagull project – come in, flap around, squawk a lot, shit over everything and then leave it in a mess.

Isn’t that the point of the program and what makes it entertaining?   I’m not sure it even pretends to be a serious program about finding Sugar a business partner – that’s just a device really to give it all some context.  I love it.  Those facepalm moments are why people watch it.

rocketman
    Free Member

There were a couple of classics on last night’s episode:

<discussing a sculpture of a horse> ‘It’s inspired by nature’

and

‘You’re a work of art – unfortunately a still life’

lol

jon1973
    Free Member

One of my favourite exchanges so far was from early on in this series.

When negotiating the purchase of some wine;

apprentice “What is the total cost?”

vendor “59 euros”

apprentice “Will you take 58.99 ?”

vendor “er..yes”

Maybe we should have used him for the Brexit negotiations.

johndoh
    Free Member

Everything seems like a seagull project – come in, flap around, squawk a lot, shit over everything and then leave it in a mess.

But that is why the programme exists. Sensible people making good decisions and being successful isn’t very exciting.

keithd
    Free Member

Hee hee! Covered in nut juice?!

sarawak
    Free Member

Don’t fancy her with or without nut juice. Can’t see her winning.

bruneep

Is Australia in Asia? 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘THE APPRENTICE its back tonight at 21.00 BBC 1’ is closed to new replies.