• This topic has 92 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • That’s it. It’s officially winter
  • saucemerlin
    Free Member

We’ve had cold fog literally all day. Hasn’t cleared even slightly – felt freezing although only 4 degrees

That’s high thermal contact for you…

Northwind

My boiler’s just broken so yep, that means it’s winter.

I did find £3 in the pockets of the big coat though so that was good.

matt_outandabout

Are you related to Rick Astley?

Some people never give that up.

scotroutes

It’s winter.

The pogies are on.

fazzini

Some people never give that up.

Chapeau sir

chevychase

No snow on Siabod or the Carneddau.

Not winter. 🙂

didnthurt

When I used to work outside all day, I’d be fine most days but there would be days where the cold would feel like it had got into your bones and took an age to get warmed up when you got home.
    No amount of clothing seemed to make a difference. Have had similar long days on the bike in the winter.

But generally I think ‘feeling’ cold is a mental toughness thing. You can train yourself to be less affected by it (the cold shower thing is a good example of it).

scotroutes

Absolutely. Two years ago I was watching my idiot wife and her idiot friends traipsing over a snow-covered beach at Loch Morlich to go dipping in the icy water. Last year I was the idiot making a channel through the ice with the ice axe.

georgesdad

Three nights ago I had to put pyjamas on for the first time in my adult life. I shit thee nay. I’ve slept naked for 20 years except when I’m at the in-laws. Proper cold it was.

fasthaggis

You’ve gone and done it now, haven’t you?

I shall inform the Daily Express that you’ve just ushered in the Arctic Blast/Beast from the East/Snowmageddon and that we’re all going to die

@Binners

Sorry ,I have jinxed it and accept full blame.
    Och Jings 🙃

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Boiler controller packed in, I suspect sabotage as I’ve had to short the wires to put the boiler on permanently until the new one arrives. OH now has a lovely warm house to WFH in whilst I cycle to work.

binners

*glares sternly at @fasthaggis*

I looked at the Met Office app and it says that we’re not going to get above freezing this week. Then I looked at the temperatures in Aberdeenshire (not getting above -9 during the day, -15 at night) and it suddenly felt positively tropical

So I’m presently wandering around the house in Speedo’s and flip flops

Caher

My reporters on the ground tell me that it hit -5 in the west of Ireland. That is very rare.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.