• This topic has 92 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • That’s it. It’s officially winter
  • binners

Mrs Binners, who’s as northern as it’s possible to be, has got her ‘big coat’ out for walking down to the pub for the footy in a bit

I’m also swapping my flat cap for a woolly hat

Shits getting real, yo

Winter is coming*

* unless you’re from Newcastle and thus completely immune from anything above -45

Cougar

I can’t believe that it’s taken me until right now to connect “winter” and “Jon SNOW”. Four fox hake.

fazzini

who’s as northern as it’s possible to be, has got her ‘big coat’ out for walking down to the pub f

Soft, southern, shandy-drinking… 😜😜😂

* unless you’re from Newcastle and thus completely immune from anything above -45

Edit:

I can’t believe that it’s taken me until right now to connect “winter” and “Jon SNOW”. Four fox hake.

Shakes head in disappointment 😢🤣

tjagain

Errmmm – winter does not start until the midwinter solstice. 3 weeks away yet 🙂

scotroutes

winter does not start until the mid winter solstice

Hmmm…

binners

I think you’ll find that winter starts when ‘The Big Coat’ has to come out

It’s effing freezing out there!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rumour has it simonbarnes still sleeps with his window open in an icebath.

thepurist

winter does not start until the winter solstice.

Meteorological winter starts on 1st Dec and ends on 28th Feb, astronomical minter starts Dec 22nd (ish) and finishes March 21st (ish). So to keep winter short it’s best to start it astronomically and finish it meteorologically.

jedi

5degrees today felt like the north Pole 😆 🤣 😂

binners

The met office app was telling me it’s been 4 degrees here today. It bloody hasn’t! That sounds positively tropical compared to what it’s felt like in all this ‘orrible fog

joebristol

We’ve had cold fog literally all day. Hasn’t cleared even slightly – felt freezing although only 4 degrees

fazzini

Reet. Get telt tha lotta yas. Real winter is when Geordies purra jumper on…

Edit: and I’m only pretending. In my defence I’ve been indoctrinated since the age of 2 & 3/4 so I reckon I qualify. 🤔🤣

tjagain

It was a beautiful sunny day in Edinburgh.

tjagain

Good point scotroutes. “scratches head”

stumpyjon

It got real for a few people this morning on the road over the Hill south of Burnley. Was around freezing, frost on the grass and the council hadn’t gritted. One car 30 yards into field, another reversing off the verge and numerous other scars on the grass banks as I crawled past very gingerly. The one in the field looked like it may have rolled. 4 youths probably on their way to college were stood next to it sheepishly so I’m guessing they all got out OK.

brokenbanjo

Today started gloriously sunny and frosty. I then saw the gloom seeping in from the south. It’s grim out there. But only chilly, not cold.

RustySpanner

It got real for a few people this morning on the road over the Hill south of Burnley.

Where abouts Jon? I’m up at Pike Hill. It’s taters.

Bruce

It wasn’t that cold here I am still wearing summer spd shoes and survived a 30 mile road ride with slightly chilled toes. I am southern by birth but not by inclination.

ElShalimo

astronomical minter starts Dec 22nd (ish)

Reminds me of this:

nbt

Rumour has it simonbarnes still sleeps with his window open in an icebath

simonfbarnes sleeps with the fishes, he passed away a couple of years ago

simondbarnes probably sleeps under a very thick duvet so he doesn’t have to use the heating, but i make no guarantees

simondbarnes

It’s true!

gauss1777
    Free Member

It was a beautiful sunny day in Edinburgh.

It may have been, but there was ice on the ground on my way to work and it was beginning to ice up again at 4pm. And that was down in Leith. Still people swimming in the sea, in their bathing suits as the Sun came up though 😳🥶🥶

tjagain

BTW binners ” as northern as can be”? Hmmmm – hundred odd miles of England to the north of you let alone scotland. many of us would see you lot as southerners

trail_rat
    Free Member

You never know
    She may have moved down south from wick or Thurso teej

ElShalimo

BTW binners ” as northern as can be”?

It’s a rebellious state of mind, not just a geographical thing

paule
    Free Member

Beautiful sunny day in Sheffield, until about 10am when the freezing fog rolled in… So I’m claiming that as the official start of winter for me

fazzini

She may have moved down south from wick or Thurso teej

In which case it’d be the height of summer… #justsaying

Caher

Darn serf (of Watford) it hit winter as soon as it went below 15.

binners

BTW binners ” as northern as can be”?

Well you’ve met her. Wigans finest export. I dare you to call her a southerner to her face 😂

kelvin

I’ve been wearing both the big coat and the thick sleeveless thing over the top… indoors. Would take it all off to go the pub because… a packed pub is always warm… and beer blankets install themselves very quickly in there.

jonnyboi

I’m still walking the dog, in a T shirt.

(whilst wearing a dry robe)

rOcKeTdOg

Still in shorts here, a balmy 6°c and foggy all day here

matt_outandabout

Aye, big coat indeed.
    Sun’s out, guns out for Mostafa.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hew man, the lasses doon the Bigg Market’ll be oot on Frida neet in the mini skorts & a skanty top. Nee botha.
    Tits oot!

boblo
    Free Member

I’m still walking the dog, in a T shirt.

It’s probly cruel making a dog wear a T shirt. What was on it so we can pass propa judgement?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Still shorts for dog walking at half six this morning (south Yorkshire)

CountZero

While I might wear something warmish on top, I’m still wearing shorts, mainly because I work indoors now, and it’s more comfortable wearing shorts because I’m using one of those little adjustable stools on castors that beauticians and tattooists use when I’m working along the sides of cars, and standing for other things, not having trousers binding around my knees is just nicer. For those occasions when I go outside, I just don’t notice a bit of chill.

I’ll see how long I can manage when I’m not at work… 😎

simondbarnes

I have deployed the 10 tog duvet

duncancallum

I’ve travelled south to “the north” and its cold.

Still not winter though

ElShalimo

It’s not officially cold in our house until the tog 4.5 quilt is fastened to the tog 9 quilt to make “super quilt”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.