Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,802 total)
  • Thatcher's died according to BBC
  • chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Would Churchill have attacked the Russians? Really?

Britain was no good in war without alliance since WWI.

Britain against Russia alone? You might as well teach the Russian the art of tea drinking and learn Russian.

A sound minded person would not attack Dear Leaders whether they are good or evil. The left and the right are actually the same … i.e. people in the left given the power will kill and people on the right given power will kill. Only the delusional ones think one is above the others as their maggot minds are too small to process logic.

But everyone will defend their home/family to the death. Simple.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Seem to remember he was in favour of the allies (excluding Russia obviously) continuing the war with Russia, the US having the atom bomb would have been an advantage against the overwhelming numerical superiority plus the quality of the tanks etc.

(off to find a source)

BermBandit
    Free Member

There is an argument that the reason for Hiroshama/Nagasaki was to finish the war with Japan before the Sov’s could tranfer troops and join in thus taking the opportunity of having a toehold there post war.

chewkw
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member

Seem to remember he was in favour of the allies (excluding Russia obviously) continuing the war with Russia, the US having the atom bomb would have been an advantage against the overwhelming numerical superiority plus the quality of the tanks etc.

At the beginning yes but once they became a bit close to home (Berlin) near the end of the war, no. Because that’s too close for comfort and everyone might speak Russian instead. Vodka could become a national drink instead of tea.

Yes, the West also under estimated the Russia’s ability to fight back on their own but they did and gladly did so by slowing down population growth briefly.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

The welfare state should go. No if or but.

What, all of it?

Or just the bits you don’t use?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

bermb– that would make sense, oliver stone was echoing such in the press yesterday…..a converted republican who wised up when faced with the undeniable truth of US ‘foreign policy’ its a continuum since the second world war..

chewkw
    Free Member

dangerousbeans – Member

The welfare state should go. No if or but.

What, all of it?

Or just the bits you don’t use?

All of it. Yes, no if or but.

If developing countries can do with none of it then why can’t a developed country with better education and knowledge? Surely there is less disease in the developed than the developing world?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

chewkw– you must be trolling.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

If developing countries can do with none of it then why can’t a developed country with better education and knowledge? Surely there is less disease in the developed than the developing world?

??? This is so many levels stupid it must be a troll.

What do you mean by ‘do’ without it?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

All of it.

If developing countries can do with none of it then why can’t a developed country with better education and knowledge?

I think because people who get old and ill in developing countries tend to just die, unless they are one of the wealthy elite in those countries.

I do get as indignant as the next man when I see someone taking the piss out of the system but then I also see the good it does with NHS, school provision, benefits for the genuine unfortunate (either short or long term).

One day it could be me needing help to keep the roof over my family until I get another job.

Or need an expensive operation which I can’t afford or have lost my health insurance with my job.

Plus, my old man grafted all his life and I think he deserves a bit of pension to tide him over til he dies.

binners

Oh blimey! Maggies reincarnation didn’t take long to make a return, did she? Or are you George Osborne, letting off a bit of steam after an emotional morning?

Anyway…..Where would you put the new shanty towns? With their frightful open sewers and disease?
    And how high are you planning to build the walls and fences required for those not living in poverty to live behind?
    Will there be machine gun turrets on motorways to stop the rampaging hordes carjacking you as you travel between affluent citadels?

So many questions…..

All sounds a bit…

😆

mt
    Free Member

If the USA had said lets go for it we’d have been banging away the Russians, bit like the 2nd Gulf war reasoning from Bush/Blair etc “the troops are all there so lets go” (I paraphrase that bit). Was under the impression that some sections of the US army wanted to get stuck in to Russia. Conspiracy theory is that Gn Patton was not only up for it and trying to make it happen, that’s why he died/killed/murdered whatever. Anyway the point being that many of the Vets dumped Churchill because he liked a bit of war and those that actually had to do it wanted someone in power who did not.

As far as Nucs on Japs go, some would say it was a lesson to the world on who now had the largest empire.

edit spelling and missing words

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i take it the Blue Bitch Circus has finished …for now…

Junkyard
    Free Member

chewkw the maggots will never bite at that troll

Why not threaten us with nuclear weapons and strict haircut rules

yunki
    Free Member

I feel I must warn you that there a few instances of profanity in this clip..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L23xVESIamY[/video]

rudebwoy
    Free Member

nice rant !^^^ 😆

mt
    Free Member

A few of us will be there also.

konabunny
    Free Member

Would Churchill have attacked the Russians? Really?

Err – haven’t you guys heard of the British Invasion of Bolshevik Russia? Churchill was Munitions Minister and then Secretary of State for War at the time. He wanted to escalate the conflict but was overruled.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Russia_Intervention

rudebwoy
    Free Member

indeed , he was a real advocate of war–imperialist bully, he was not averse to sending in troops on the miners either in south wales–resulting in death…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Eloquent!

EDIT: the nice man in the car.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

mt – Member

If the USA had said lets go for it

But they had a much better plan, if you remember.

Reagan announced “Star Wars” weaponry. The silly Communist State bankrupted itself trying to keep up with a project which consisted of nothing more than an amateurish video. Minimum outlay, maximum result.

Genius.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: I wonder who that ranting moron is. It doesn’t look like a cab…

yunki
    Free Member

an unwitting turner prize candidate woppit – he makes a ranty video every few days and posts on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/chunkymark

he’s much more entertaining and interesting than you.. 😀

Drac

He uses the word ‘Ped-o-phile’ so anything he says should be stricken from record.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

he’s much more entertaining and interesting than you.

Presumably, you don’t claim that honour for yourself.

grum
    Free Member

My boss recorded this and stuck it up on youtube yesterday 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZngKpy7UmU&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

he makes a ranty video every few days and posts on youtube

So it’s semi scripted/planned “ranting” then.

When someone posted another one of his on FB a while back, I thought it was a one off, genuine rant and would have given it a strong 9/10.

Now I know it’s planned, and he does it regularly, it just seems like attention seeking dross 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

I like to think that it’s his reaction to current affairs..

I’m not gonna speculate on the so-called merits of the thing

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, we all like the Daily Mash, right. The Daily Mash nails it, right?

Here you go, then: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-with-no-idea-who-thatcher-was-ecstatic-that-shes-dead-2013040865066

yunki
    Free Member

😀 hee hee

mt
    Free Member

Mr Woppit was Churchill PM when Raygun was President? I meant at the end of WW2. 🙂

On the Starwars idea. Reagan had seen the movies and believed it was all possible, fortunately for us so did the Russians. 😆 Well I thought it was funny.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Woppit – love to see you in a rant reply — just for a bit of fun like 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh that all takes too much effort. I’d rather just slip in the odd dig here and there…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I had an unexpected meeting up in London today. Pretty odd planning given that the offices were between St Pauls and Guildhall and today! They had forgotten about the funeral. So tricky to get around the security cordon on the way there. Then coming back towards St Pauls, and I almost bumped into Nigel Lawson. Shirley Bassey came next walking down the road followed by IDS and ex PM of Aus Howard (I think). Odd to see these faces walking down Gresham Street and up close. Lawson looked frail but Bassey still cuts a figure.

Policeman told me that (so far) no real trouble. He was upset that he couldnt get a photo with Shirley Bassey!

No wonder it costs so much – feeding all the foreign dignitaries in the Guildhall must have cost a bob or two. But as a US tourist said, you guys sure know how to put on a show.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Funeral questions

1) Anyone actually go?
    2) Anyone watch it on telly?
    3) Can anyone confirm shes definitely gone and not coming back?
    4) Did it kick off?
    5) Where are the tory boys who were accusing everyone of disrespect? (might be nice for them to admit that as with so many other things their reading of society at large is, was, and always will be totally wrong.)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No. Yes. Yes. No. In their skins.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No – but saw the aftermath
    Partly
    Yes
    No
    Probably in the same place as those who threatened disruption. Fortunately, both noteworthy for their absence today.

brakes
    Free Member

Policeman told me that (so far) no real trouble. He was upset

naughty coppers.

nealglover
    Free Member

5) Where are the tory boys who were accusing everyone of disrespect?

Well I was one of the people that pointed out the unnecessary disrespect.

Does that make me a “Tory Boy” ?

Apparently you seem to think it does 😐

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😉 brakes.

[in truth they were all very friendly and helpful – especially working out how to get round the security blocks]

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,802 total)

The topic ‘Thatcher's died according to BBC’ is closed to new replies.