• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • STW doctors – pain in my chest
  • aracer
    Free Member

No, not that sort of pain – or at least I don’t think it is. Fell off my unicycle a week ago and landed on a rock on the left side of my chest. Was a bit painful at the time, but not horrendous – I picked myself straight up and carried on with my ride. Thought it was just bruising. But a week later it’s still hurting – if anything it’s got worse rather than better, as I’ve now got a constant ache. Was agony using a track pump to pump my tyres this morning. Was planning on swimming today, but I don’t think it’s likely to be much fun.

Any thoughts? Is it just that I’m getting old (in my 40s) and taking longer to mend? Should I go and see a medical professional of some sort or just MTFU?

footflaps

Well the bad news is you’re going to die…..

The good news is, not just yet.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Cracked rib? Have you tried a hospital for a check up and an x-ray?

Drac

Over a week old, GP for examination if no shortness of breath.

Solo
    Free Member

my unicycle
    😯

Ummm.

Should I go and see a medical professional of some sort or just MTFU?

Nope, that’s what we’re here for !.

binners

Unicycle injuries? Were you juggling at the time?

You’ve cracked a rib. It hurts. No point going to hospital. They’ll tell you you’ve cracked a rib, and there’s nowt they can do. They might suggest getting rid of the unicycle. But if children’s parties are your main source of income, that could prove problematic

aracer
    Free Member

Over a week old, GP for examination if no shortness of breath.

Is that your recommendation, or just pointing out that I don’t go into A&E with an injury that old (which I’m aware of)? No shortness of breath – nor any problem with breathing if I do exercise (went for a run the day after without any problems) which is different to when I cracked a rib before – though I guess that was lower down where they’re not supported so things work differently. Not that I see the point of wasting people’s time if it is just a cracked rib as there’s presumably nothing they can do.

aracer
    Free Member

Unicycle injuries? Were you juggling at the time?

Ha, ha. Yes I did set myself up for that, but it thought if I didn’t mention it I’d just get loads of questions about how I fell on a rock on my chest. Was riding off-road and hit a rock I didn’t spot (was looking ahead to a tricky bit) so went down like a sack of spuds.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Might not even be a cracked rib. Bruised ribs hurt like a bastard for weeks.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Oh, and forget swimming. And sneezing.

binners

Oh God, yes. Sneezing with broken ribs is an absolute bloody nightmare!!!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’m 6’7″ and ride bloody huge bikes, so whenever I fall off I seem to knacker my ribs. It’s the sheer loss of altitude.

Drac

Yes I recommended you see you GP, it’s got worse not better need to rule it’s nothing worse than a cracked rib.

maccruiskeen

I’m 6’7″ and ride bloody huge bikes, so whenever I fall off I seem to knacker my ribs. It’s the sheer loss of altitude.

Being 6’6″ I can concur, lucky not to get the bends falling from that height. On the upside I seem to be falling for long enough to have already arranged myself neatly in the recovery position before I hit the ground.

DrP

What do YOU think it is….. ?

DrP

willard

It’s an allergic reaction to unstable conveyances with single wheels.

As a former medical professional (biochemist since you asked) I recommend that you purchase a cycle with two wheels so that you can double your machine’s contact with the ground.

If symptoms continue, we may have to talk about a third wheel.

Sandwich

Can I have your bikes, if you die?

imnotverygood

…but not the unicycle

officialtob
    Free Member

A unicyle off road? Fair play to you – I cannot even imagine being able to ride one with 4 stabilisers.

hora
    Free Member

My diagnosis is a collapsed lung and Subdural Haematoma.

meehaja
    Free Member

I hear if you run a tubeless respiratory system you can lose weight and do away with problems like this… I’ll make you a kit up for £40. PPG only please

hora
    Free Member

I can offer a more thorough investigation and diagnosis OP. I wont accept Paypal Gift so you can trust my Doctory-skills more too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘STW doctors – pain in my chest’ is closed to new replies.