Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Tattoo time again?
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

bit of space round the back, thinK a smaller sugar skull based on the skull of a rottweiler will be going in there…

johnners – Member
    also notice how I haven’t asked for opinions
    Very wise.

couldn’t help yourself could you 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

nice 🙂 might take some photos of my right arm… can’t ask people to excuse the podge as it was there before christmas 🙁

MrSparkle

Looks like Justin Hawkins is a fan of Yamaha synths looking at his arm…

passtherizla
    Free Member

with the baby being so demanding and ill, and my mums cooking over xmas and having nearly a month off, i put on 19 lbs 😳

and the Owl is lined up right I have my arm twisted funny in tht shot

philconsequence
    Free Member

no chance of taking a good photo of my arm whilst i’m at work. will have to enlist mrsconsequence’s help later

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I just LOVE tattoos, especially those really infantile desperate-to-be-part-of-a-niche pseudo quirky humourous ones that will look even more completely ridiculous in 20 years time when the ink has faded into an unrecognisable amorphous blob on sagging, wrinkled skin.

I’m also a dab hand with Photoshop, so happy to help… In fact, why don’t you let me give you a job and I’ll train you up on how to do it yourself? 😉

Vinte
    Free Member

I find myself thinking no, it looks #@+=ing awful and does not make up for your lack of personally more and more these days.

philconsequence
    Free Member

awww Vinte, you need more friends… the bigger the comparison group the quicker you’ll realise its the people without tattoos who tend to be lacking in personaility 😉

i’ll be your friend if you can handle being friends with someone who might have differing opinions on what’s important in life 🙂

*hasmadeanewfriend*

Vinte
    Free Member

🙂

yunki
    Free Member

i’ll be your friend if you can handle being friends with someone who might have differing opinions on what’s important in life

that’s me out then.. 🙁

I wouldn’t even consider giving someone that is different to me a positive remark.. let alone a friendship to lean on..

or a job interview..
    ’tis the only way to be in this life isn’t that right shibboleth..?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I wouldn’t give a job to a man that is planning to still be wearing the same tie in 40 years time, I think it shows a distinct lack of foresight and adaptability.

By the same token, I would overlook someone stupid enough to indelibly inscribe a hackneyed piece of clip art onto their skin.

DezB
    Free Member

Tattoos are SOOOOO personal, I can’t pass opinion on what someone else has (butterflies and flowers are a bit girly though, aren’t they? 😉 ) – so it amazes me that someone would ask opinions on their tats on a (non-tattoo) web forum..

(My wifey has tattoos, I don’t)

donsimon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t give a job to a man that is planning to still be wearing the same tie in 40 years time, I think it shows a distinct lack of foresight and adaptability.

I wouldn’t give a job to someone who’s narrow minded or too stupid to look beyond the cover of the book.

philconsequence
    Free Member

do you not think this is a welcoming face for your customers shibby?

donsimon
    Free Member

*Sees business opportunity selling advertising space on face.*
    Thanks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m gunna sell the rights to tattooing my whole back, probably to tescos. i’ll never see it and they’ll pay me millions no doubt.

*bets shibby is impressed with my business sense, thus proving his assumptions about tattooed people wrong*

wwaswas

they’ll pay me millions no doubt.

maybe not millions, but every little helps, eh?

Vinte
    Free Member

You see, this is more like it. A bit of business acumen. Philconsequence, I’m in.

DezB
    Free Member

That blokes tats do a good job of distracting from the rest of his face

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

millions dammit, if not tesco then google or shibbys company

EDIT – Vinte you can secure my left bum cheek (saving the right one for a portrait of shibby) for £5k worth of shares in Costa Cruise Lines and 3-5 photos of boobs of your choosing.

wwaswas

philc gets sponsored by a well know lycra manufacturer;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k81m6HgtngE[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

By the same token, I would overlook someone stupid enough to indelibly inscribe a hackneyed piece of clip art onto their skin.

You wouldn’t even realise I was tattooed if you met me.

wwaswas

there was a bloke on telly the other night who had ‘Your Name’ (sic) tattood on his bum.

The sole reason for this appeared to be so he could run up to people say “I bet I’ve got your name tattoo’d on my bum – what is it?” and then when they told him he’d moon the tattoo at them and run off laughing.

DezB
    Free Member

I want him as a friend

philconsequence
    Free Member

shibby, a question for you…

if somebody arrived for an interview with you, smartly dressed, freshly cut hair, excellent references, warm and welcoming personality and good looking, but with slightly sticky out ears or something to reassure you you’re still sexier than them, no visible tattoos…. perfect for the job.

would you ask if they had any tattoos in the interview?
    would you hire them?

then if 6 months down the line, after the probation period is over and they have all the normal employment rights etc, they came to work ina short sleeve top which revealed a tattooed arm… would you ask them to wear a long sleeve top to work, or would you fire em?

passtherizla
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Tattoos are SOOOOO personal, I can’t pass opinion on what someone else has (butterflies and flowers are a bit girly though, aren’t they? )

even when they are moths? and when the flowers have lightning coming out of them? 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

good question Phil… Its discrimintation based on colour of skin essentially unless you have rude words/images.

philconsequence
    Free Member

well shibby has a right to employ who he wants and doesn’t need to state the the tattoos are the reason for not employing somebody.. could just say ‘found a better candidate’ for example.

i’m more interested in finding out if he’d fire an outstanding employee if it turned out they had inky arms or they got a tattoo a couple of years after starting working for him 🙂

not trying to get him to admit to breaking employment law or anything, jsut trying to find out how strongly he feels about them!

donsimon
    Free Member

would you ask them to wear a long sleeve top to work, or would you fire em?

I think his head would explode due to the impossible situation that goes directly in the face of his prejudice.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

*Sees business opportunity selling advertising space on face.*

Bindun Don Don

http://buymyface.com/

MrsToast
    Free Member

Even if it was this one?

philconsequence
    Free Member

normally i wouldn’t ever employ somebody who wears a tie, but if they turned up to an interview with me in what is essentially an office based zoidberg costume i’d hire them on the spot.

*its this kinda business sense that means shibby will want to hire me, i jsut know it*

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Out of sight, out of mind. But if an employee wore short sleeves and displayed tattoos, I’d ask him to cover them.

If he wouldn’t, I’d find a way of sacking him. Or just bully him until he quit.

I generally think it’s possible to spot a tattooed person anyway, they tend to be a bit thicker than average, so it’s highly unlikely they’d be working for me. Same with gingers.*

*None of this is particularly true, but I might as well give the STW How Very Dare He Squad something to wring their hands about.

passtherizla
    Free Member

ha ha… 😉

yunki
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

tazzymtb

designing a full sleeve to cover some heavy black work from 20 years ago, will be solid black from shoulder to elbow with Polynesian work down to the wrist.

Once healed the solid black will be carved to have fresh scar tissue to mimic the work lower down the arm.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

you know everyone always says to get a tattoo done by someone they know, has recommendations from etc… well what if what you want is a really simple design, that anyone worth their salt couldn’t get wrong?

there’s a place near me, and i’m keen for a tattoo, but i don’t know anyone who’s got one from there. their work looks pretty good, fwiw…

finbar
    Free Member

Love the Mint Sauce tattoos ashthesplash, any chance of some better pics?

Fairly unrelated to anything else but i’m really enjoying Thomas Hooper’s work at the moment. Though no doubt just like tribal bands/tramp stamps/big gothic letters/sailor jerry (give it a year), it’ll look horrendously dated in a decade or so.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

“Yes, we’re all individuals…..”

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo time again?’ is closed to new replies.