Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Syria: Is it war or not?
  • zippykona

Assad needs to start handing out the Man U t shirts like we did to that poor sod who lost his arms and all his family after one of our little accidents.

dazh

BBc news are currently running the film about kids being burnt in a playground

Not that I have any truck with conspiracy theories, but it did seem a little coincidental that the BBC started broadcasting this at about 10pm last night. Apparently it the events in the film happened last week, so are we really expected to believe that they only received it just as MPs were voting on the very issue? Why didn’t they broadcast it earlier?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well Junkyard, you can always pick and choose the best bits to support arguments and conveniently dismiss the other bits, but that doesn’t neessarily reflect a true image. Russia and China are both extremely cruel and savage regimes not much better than Assad and all the other dictator cronies.

How are we going to deal with other nations in issues such as this without any influence – and whether you like ior not influence only exists because of military strength and the threat that we could deploy it. By not voting to even agree to the principle of using force in the face of evidence that Assad deployed the weapons we have now excluded ourselves from the negotiating table and have no influence or credabiltiy. We are now merely witnesses to the worst post war atrocity and powerless to prevent a re-occurance.

Anyway, its all academic anyway. The weapons inspectors currenlty on the ground have no mandate nor the expertise to determine who it was who deployed the weapons, so it is a pre-determined conclusion that they will confirm chemical weapons were deployed, with no view or opinion on who deployed them. The UN and the rest of the worl will not get the conclusive proof they are looking for about who deployed the weapons. Assad, China and Russia knew this. The merry dance with the UN has begun. The UN wont issue a resolution, the US will go in by themselves. THis reminds me of Neville Chamberlin stepping off the aircraft waving his bit of paper going on about ‘peace in our time’, patting himself on his back after turning his back on the Czecoslovakians and sacrificing them to the Nazi cause. That didn’t turn out too well in the end.

dazh

Comparing Syria with the Nazis is pretty silly. And the cry of ‘appeaser’ has always been the warmonger’s last/first resort. In the end it comes down to whether the ends justify the means. In this case they have no idea what the ‘ends’ are so how does it help to lob a few hundred cruise missiles and smartbombs into Syria for the sake of keeping up appearances?

And as for ‘worst postwar atrocity’, 1000 civilians were killed in Egypt very recently by government forces, where’s the clamour to bomb Egypt?

chewkw
    Free Member

dazh – Member

I am sure the winner will be UKIP …

Judging by how gutted the likes of Paxman et al on Newsnight were last night I think the big losers are the journalists and news organisations who are not now going to be able to report on it. They looked like someone had p*ssed on the their chips.

True true … the media is bunch of fire starters and shite stirrers because all they really want is to see if they can push the govt into doing something and to influence people … bloody hell talking about influencing zombies state … 🙄

BermBandit
    Free Member

I always thought this was about Regime change……

General Election anyone ???? 😀

globalti
    Free Member

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

seems perfectly clear to me, globalti

worst post war atrocity

15 million or so dead in the great Chinese famine, I’d say that was worse.

chewkw
    Free Member

globalti,

That’s excellent depiction of the shite in that region.

😆 Excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Syria: Is it war or not?’ is closed to new replies.