Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Swimming goggle recommendations (sorry)
  • oldfart

Regular Summer swimming in our local outdoor pool my Speedo goggles have starting leaking annoyingly. Don’t really want same again, local Sports Direct was usual port of call but now more interested in kitting out the local chavs 🙄Don’t want to pay more than £20 Looking at Zoggs on Amazon but the reviews put me off?

poolman
    Free Member

I use the decathlon ones with prescription lenses now, but before that I found the Lidl or Aldi ones were far better than any others. Cheapest and lasted the longest, only 5 quid a pair. Usually appear every 3 months or so.

Selled
    Free Member

My teenage children swim, they were moaning for ages about goggles, either they leaked or they came off when they dived in. I brought them both goggles called “Fast Speed Socket 2” by Speedo. They told me initially they were good and I have heard nothing more for months -> so this tells me they are good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i use aquasphere kaiman exo.

Cheapish

fit well (on my face)

dont leak (on my face)

good wide visability and dont hurt my eyes like the more racey models do.

701arvn
    Free Member

Serial Decathlon user here – get the anti mist pen which works really well.

DezB
    Free Member

+1 Decathlon, bought my sea swimming ones in there, they’ve been excellent in all weathers and sea conditions.

zntrx
    Free Member

Last 4 pairs I’ve gotten (whole family) were PoqSwim googles off of Amazon. Pretty much a copy of the speedo vanquisher googles at a quarter of the price.

Just went to get you a link for Amazon to find they’ve disappeared. Guess they’re a bit too much of a copy!

<edit>
    Here’s the speedo version, best cheap googles I’ve found, but TBH having gone through loads of pairs I don’t think the same googles work for everyone.

https://www.allensswimwear.co.uk/speedo-opal-goggle-8-083378163.html
    </edit>

croe
    Free Member

Aqua Sphere Kayenne used 3-5 times a week here trouble free. About £15 or so from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aqua-Sphere-Kayenne-Swimming-Goggles/dp/B00208EIRQ/

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

+2 Decathlon.
    My last pair replaced Zoggs and they’ve lasted better and were cheaper.

bazzer
    Free Member

Zogg Predator but the nose bridges do break. However up until that point they just work.

muckytee
    Free Member

I use a pair of Aqua Sphere Kaimans they were a better fit for me as my face was a little too narrow for the Kayenne, I have had them for about 6 months, pool swimming, open water, the sea in Cornwall; don’t leak and comfortable, don’t fog up either. The strap is easy to adjust too.

eulach

You won’t know if they fit properly until you’ve swum in them. Zoggs Predator and Aquasphere Kaiman work for me. They used to be cheap on wiggle.

Edit: They’re like bike tyres, replace them when they wear out. Don’t expect them to last forever.

docgeoffyjones

I have always used Speedo, tried zoggs and found the bridge really uncomfortable. Luckily the bridge started to split after the first swim so I returned them under warranty.

davosaurusrex

+4 Decathalon. Great field of vision and comfy, no leaks

MrPottatoHead

Aquasphere Kaiman +1 (actually +3, not sure how I’ve ended up with so many!)

Tried Speedo’s and didn’t get on with them at all, so have just stuck with what I know works for me.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Aqua sphere Kayenne for me.

But fit is very personal. I tried loads before I settled on these.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I liked Aquasphere Kayennes but found after a few weeks’ use they would start to leak unless I winched then up so tight they hurt after 20 mins or so, and I had goggle marks round my eyes for an hour after swimming. I’ve just started using a pair of Speedo Aquapulse, so far so good.

mackeson
    Free Member

Used to use Speedo (biofuse ?) For years. Then an interview/advert by Mark Foster convinced me to try Aquasphere Kayenne. Now won’t buy anything else. The shape just ‘fits’.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Swimming goggle recommendations (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.