Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Superstar wheels worth the punt at £160 a pair?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Tried a brand new thru axle(borrowed) went straight through, the one I have goes on my Hope pro4 hubs fine!

sam1988
    Free Member

My wheels turned up yesterday which is quick considering I ordered them Saturday. They run true and spoke tension feels good. Yet to fit them yet. The rear rim came pre scratched, suppose its going to happen at some point anyway. Rear adaptor caps are a really tight fit, the fronts are alot looser and literally fall out as you touch them, need to adjust the centre spacer between the bearings too as ita dropped down before I can get the axle through

kneed

Has anyone got any photos of the seemingly bargain “Essential WTB V3 Wheelset” WTB rims that seem to dropped in price by another few quid?

I’m trying to figure out what the silver spokes looks like.

Poopscoop

So SS do any wheels with 135mm x 10mmm hubs?
    They only seem to do 135x 12mmm…?

postierich
    Free Member

Had to take a 12mm drill to my hub to get the original bolt thru in the hub all sorted now just need to save up for some new tyres Maxxix Chronicles how bloody much!

Stevelol
    Free Member

The end caps fall out on my v3 hubs, the wheels are a month or so old and have been used for 9 rides, the end caps have been the same since day 1, my correspondence today with ‘David’ (‘Kayako Kayako’) from superstar is as follows:

Hi Stephen,

The adaptors are supposed to be easily removable, as in, if they were a
    tighter fit you would need some sort of tool to remove them (pliers etc).

Once in the fork, they are held in via the axle/QR etc.

Essentially, they are supposed to be like that.

Yours
    David
    Superstar Customer Service

Hi Stephen,

If you would like us to inspect them, then feel free to return them so we can take a proper look.

followed by the standard copy & paste warranty stuff to post them back to

Why should I have to miss out on riding time to post these end caps back when superstar know about this issue?

footflaps

Just glue them in place with threadlock or similar….

VanHalen

so he’s offering to look at the wheels/adaptor but you dont want him to? despite asking him to? I’m confused? plumbing PTFE gunge or a bit of grease would be my solution of choice

My superstar wheels are fine for the £100 i spent on them. I had to re-true after practicing cutties but theyve been good ever since. The adaptor holder unscrewed once and seals occasionally squeaks. I gave them an almighy thwack the other day on a concrete kerb and i was suprised to see no damage. a bargain for £100. I dont mind the occasional faff – i mean, what would you expect from a non premium product?

Stevelol
    Free Member

I just want them to send me some that are sized correctly for the ID of the hubs.

I’ve tried putting some lucasoil red marine grease on (thick, it sticks) but this doesn’t help, and to make matters worse when the end cap(s) inevitably fall off during wheel installation you risk getting grease on the brake rotor…

I will send them back if I have to but as it is a known problem I don’t see why they can’t send me some out, they must cost superstar pence to machine and it would save me not having a bike for a few days or more.

damascus
    Free Member

Is there a discount code for November?

johnw1984
    Free Member

Looks like customer service has gone to pot again. I’ve never had a problem with anything until now. Been waiting for a refund on a headset that was lost in the post, then turned up.

Been nearly a month in total so far. It’s not like I’m desperate, or it’s a lot of money, I just won’t buy anything from them again.

kneed

Is there a discount code for November?

Yesterday I used FRIDAY19 and got 25% off (no further action re facebook etc was required)

sam1988
    Free Member

Rode my wheels for the first time yesterday. After 20 miles they now have slight wobble and lost some spoke tension so will be going back for a free true which Just looks like I have to cover postage to superstar?

I too have the same issue with the front end caps. When fitting the front wheel, If I knock it slightly when fitting the caps fall out!

guandax
    Free Member

Anyone put some miles on a pair of Isotope wheels yet?

vmgscot

I will do @guandax when my On One Big Dog frame eventually turns up

guandax
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat, but waiting for a Hello Dave. May arrive this week apparently.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Superstar wheels worth the punt at £160 a pair?’ is closed to new replies.