Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 385 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Spring 2022
  • robbo1234biking

We are on to the Spring Series. This will be the last one before a break over the remainder of Spring and through the Summer. All are welcome to join in.

If you want to take part then post up on this thread or message me. Let me know your FTP and weight as well so I can calculate the handicap.

Each Race series is made up of the 4 traditional categories but with a bit of a twist to give everyone a chance to compete.

1. The main handicap race – as per previous events a handicap will be applied to your finish time based on your weight and FTP and the entire group is sorted by race time plus handicap and points distributed accordingly. This is based on the best of 5 races points from the 6 races (all sprint points count towards this total).

2. The sprint jersey – Sprint points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a sprint section (10,6,4,2,1 points) or the fastest lap time on circuit race. The points are awarded on each sprint section on a race but only for the fastest time across that section during the whole race (i.e you may get a couple of chances to get a good time).

3. The KOM jersey – Points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a KOM section (10,6,4,2,1 points).

4. The GC race – This is based on the shortest time to complete all 6 stages and is sorted by traditional Zwift cat. The zwift cat is determined on the weight and FTP that you supply me so may not match your ZP cat as that takes historical data into account.

5. The combined jersey – the highest total score for sprints and KOM combined.

OK so here are the courses for the Winter Series of the STW Racing League.

No restrictions on bikes on this series so choose what suits you or the course.

Note: If you want to be included in the Green Jersey or KOM points race scoring you need to be registered on Zwift Power as this is where I will pull the data from. You are still welcome to take part on the rest of the series if you dont register on Zwift Power

8th March – 19:30 – Wandering Flats – 26km
    This is a good course to kick off with. This hits 3 sprint segments so one for the green jersey hunt.

15th March – Double Header
    Race 1: 19:30 – Jungle Circuit 1 Lap – Points available for the fastest lap
    Race 2: 20:00 – Spirit Forest 1 Lap – The first KOM points with 2 attempts for a fast time up the hill

22nd March – 19:30 – Innsbruck 2018 UCI World Champtionship
    We havent been up this hill since the first ever race I think (Im surprised any of you came back). This will award points for the KOM and sprint in the town.

29th March – 19:30 – Dust in the Wind – 30km
    30 km of the dust in the wind route – this will take in the Titans Grove KOM for KOM points

5th April – 19:30 – TT Tempis Fugit
    A TT that takes in the Fuego Flats sprint section. This will use the TT start and no draft will be available.

12th April – 19:30 Tour of Ice and Fire (19km)
    Dont panic – it doesnt go all the way up – only to the 19km mark but a tough stage to finish on. KOM points awarded for the fastest to the finish.

So sign up and join in!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Count me in!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yay. I think. 😉

Those courses really do sound like you’re trying to get rid of us though!

zilog6128

sign me up 👍

bails

Count me in again thanks.

70kg, 230w

vanilla83
    Free Member

Sign me up – no changes

Thanks!

Straightliner

Great mix of courses there Robbo. Already feeling the likely pain some (all) of them will cause!

feed

Me too, no changes. Thanks again for organising.

nixie

Yes please, well for the season start anyway 👍. I’ll post ftp and weight closer to the start.

v7fmp

As always… sign me up!

mossimus
    Free Member

Please, same details as last time.

stumpy01

Count me in. No changes.

But, are you really sending us up another hill for the last one? 😭

neilarn2

Count me in please Robbo.

cameronl
    Free Member

I’d like to give it a go too Robbo, same stats, cheers

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes please, same as before

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

P.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Yes please.

funkybaj
    Free Member

In!

Must make more races this series. Must make more races this series. Must make more races this series.

richardkennerley

I’m in please. Will keep same details unless I squeeze an FTP in somewhere.

phil56

Yes please – thanks Robbo

stumpy01

Thought I’d bounce this in case there’s any riders who didn’t realise this was being re-run.

J-R

Yes please Robbo.

jimdubleyou

Sounds challenging, count me in…

Looks like I’ll miss the last race again (why do different regions have different holidays in such a small country… )

retrorick

I’ll be watching from the sidelines/YouTube feeds for the upcoming series.
    I’ve cancelled my zwift subscription with the intention of biking outdoors more and using the xplova training app which came with the trainer.
    Back for the autumn series later in the year.

robbo1234biking

Everyone should have a message with the race links in their message inbox now!

reluctantjumper

Can you send them to me too please?

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ll be up for some more pain robbo.

FTP 208w

68kgs

v7fmp

Will we have enough time to do a lap of the jungle in 30 mins before the second race?

It usually takes me half hour to do 15k on the flat 😬

savoyad

@v7fmp Here’s STW doing 3x jungle once upon a time – https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1313968

The long lead in makes it hard to judge, but considering there are 2 climbs in the second half of that race it’ll be OK won’t it?

(TTR have messed up their Tuesday morning double header by making precisely that mistake though…)

svladcjelli
    Free Member

Can I join in too please. I had been in on one of the earlier leagues so we are following each other. With luck I’ll manage to join in more than just a couple of the races this time.

Steve Ross STW
    Weight 70kg
    FTP 234

Thank you!

yanboss

Yes please. Will send FTP a little closer, seems very down last series so hoping it bounces back before the start of this one

robbo1234biking

@v7mfp the slowest riders should be complete in about 26 mins so there should be enough time but I am going to see if I can move the start time of the 2nd race out 10 mins. The 2nd race is about 20 mins max so we should still be done by 20:30 so gives everyone a bit more time to recover.

Cheers

v7fmp

hey Robbo, ok cool. As you say, im sure its totally achievable, just didnt want people to miss out of the second race if things didnt quite pan out as expected.

Either way… its gonna be a tough night in the saddle! looking forward to it!

woodiwoodwood
    Free Member

Hi @robbo1234biking

Could you ‘sign me up’ please.

248W 99Kg – still hoping both will improve.

Thanks

zilog6128

the slowest riders should be complete in about 26 mins so there should be enough time

that will be like when you’re out for a group ride, just done the massive climb, then the fast guys who finished 15 mins ago are like “right that’s enough rest, on we go!!” 🤣

robbo1234biking

Bump for the Monday evening crowd and hopefully everyone who has requested has been sent the links for the race series.

kirky72
    Free Member

can you send me the links please Robbo, ill still steuggle to do more than 3 but will tey my best to get on when I can.

no handicap neccesary.

DrP

Go on then…
    I’ll possibly only make a few of these (22nd March is m’birthday! ) but would like an invite please?

71kg
    312w

Cheers

DrP

msjhes2
    Free Member

Sign me up please, 73kg 239w

joedilla

Hi Rob,

I am in again 80kg & 284w FTP.

Muchas Gracias

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.