Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • yanboss

@robbo1234biking Can I get an invite please. 85 kg, 280 W, I Martin on Zwift

iamtheresurrection

I’ll also join if there is still space, thanks for organising.

I’ve followed you on Zwift, no problem sharing my n]Zwift name anyway you fancy 🙂

robbo1234biking

Got you all in. You should all have an invite now. I will publish the handicaps tomorrow evening.

I think we will have to stick to the rolling start. I will go a bit slower this time though but it is everyones responsibility to form on the beacon. I will also give it a little longer before saying go so no one needs to get twitchy off the line. There is a 400m lead in and I wont be saying go before the start/finish line.

Ogg

@robbo1234biking cheers for organising again – count me in 86kg 259w

paino

Sorry if this has been covered, but is there points for all 3 sprints (1 per lap) or are you nominating a specific lap for the sprint time?

robbo1234biking

Best of the three so for you it could be lap 1 or someone else lap 2 etc. It will be the fastest time in the overall race so could happen on any lap. Hope that makes sense!

weeksy

Best of the three so for you it could be lap 1 or someone else lap 2 etc. It will be the fastest time in the overall race so could happen on any lap. Hope that makes sense!

Oh i forgot about them… I really won’t be racing for them !

Is it a points based system, e.g 1st – 10points, 2nd – 8 points… Or just a Winner gets point/points ?

Can i ask what my current FTP figure is for the handicap please Robbo ?

robbo1234biking

@weeksy – I have you down at 275W from the last series.

Sprint points are awarded for the fastest 5 times during the whole race in that sprint section (there is only 1 sprint section in the first race). 10, 6, 4, 2, 1

I am doing a green jersey total for the sprints as well for the series.

weeksy

Thanks for the info Robbo. I may jump on an do a test in a bit. I think 275 may be slightly optimistic… Although tough as i have good 5-15 mins power for the test, but i fall down after that, so may just save my legs for tomorrow. Tricky one.

robbo1234biking

I am doing a ramp test later. Not for tomorrow but just because there is one scheduled in my training plan. Let me know how you get on. It wont take long to update your handicap if I need to. Think you are in the normal group you race with so it might not change it much for this race.

robbo1234biking

OK here are the handicaps for the first race.

Hopefully this will give the A’s more of an opportunity this time to score some points.

LINK

Any issues let me know or if you think I have got your handicap wildy wrong (as it may be based on old data if you didnt update me).

The Cats are just taken from here from a simple one decimal place power/weight equation.

https://zwift.com/news/12012-zwift-how-to-choose-your-cycling-race-category

It might be different to your ZP category as that takes into account recent performances etc.

robbo1234biking

@scaredypants – I have done your FTP from your last few ZP races and your weight from there to

@mrhoppy
    – I havent sent you an invite. Wasnt sure if you were in or out due to the Mrs doing the WTRL Zwift league onTuesday’s?

mrhoppy

No worries @robbo1234biking, I’m out until the current ZRL league runs it’s course or the Mrs opts out of a race but her team is short handed as it is so most weeks she’s committed. If I can make one I’ll give you a shout.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with on the admin side.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

OK here are the handicaps for the first race

I think I should maybe have updated you on the impact that three weeks of pies and no pedaling has had on me. 😉

weeksy

I did a few laps of course today at lunch

Interesting and thought provoking as to how i ride it tomorrow.

Lap time was 17m 30 at lowish C pace.
    Sprint 9.89, it’ going to matter a LOT as to how much speed you can carry up the incline to the sprint.

Lots of break away split moments in this course, it’s proper “all in, recover, all in, recover” compared to some. None of the hills are particularly long so the fast lads will be slamming them hard i bet.

nixie

None of the hills are particularly long so the fast lads will be slamming them hard i bet.

This to make this

Sprint 9.89, it’ going to matter a LOT as to how much speed you can carry up the incline to the sprint.

harder work. There is not a lot of recovery between the nasty hilly section and the uphill to the sprint.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I don’t really know this course so I will just adapt to others around me during the race, after the first lap I guess I’ll know where the sprint and recovery sections are. It’s 3 laps…right?

Thanks for sorting the handicaps again Robbo, looks like I’m having to watch the usual suspects! 😉

nixie

Just seen the handicap link. Looks like a few lightweight As will need dropping! Hope my legs remember how to zwift after a week and a bit off!

scaredypants

@scaredypants – I have done your FTP from your last few ZP races and your weight from there to

Cheers. Only fair to point out that the Innsbruck TTT should NOT contribute to that. (For reasons I can’t possibly go into – mostly to protect the terminally stoopid – that was a significant underestimate of my effort during the race)

🤡

kirky72
    Free Member

Nice one Robby, looks decent to me.

Will be a bit different this series racing as a B, I don’t expect to be in the top 3 week this time if at all.

Can easily see the fast lads making more than a few minutes gap on this course, our (B guys) day will come on a flatter track.

kirky72
    Free Member

Forgot to ask as I know there’s still going to be that weird 5 to 10 second phantom gap due to the spacing or timing of getting out of the blocks. Does anybody know if you fall behind by pushing of sooner or later. I tried to wait a bit on the final race of the series which resulted in having to put a big effort in to catch up with the group just as the crazy start kicked in, so a double effort.

I’m thinking the sooner you start means you be been in the race longer, so if somebody starts 10 seconds after and you cross th line together they would be classed as finishing 10 seconds before.

neilarn2

Cheers Robbo thanks for organising and see you tomorrow night

robbo1234biking

I think the gap is determined as soon as the meet-up starts kirky. So it is based on your start position relative to the start line but you dont complete more than the distance of the meetup which leads to the slight different positions of the finish line for different people. That should mean that those small gaps shouldnt make a difference to the final times as it is still the total time to complete the Xkm.

Oopnorth based on my ramp test I wouldnt race against me. 276W down to 257W! I dont think it is a true drop though. Week off was good but Saturday night news was a bit shit – wife got made redundant last lockdown and now she is going to have to shut her business that she has started on Wednesday night after the latest lockdown so that was on my mind. We are lucky that it isnt a financial worry but she has worked hard to get kicked twice this year (as have many others) and my focus just wasn’t there. I thought I got within 20 seconds of equalling my previous FTP and realised I was 1min 20 seconds off and my head just dropped!

Ah well – work hard to improve it now.

Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Robbo, hope things improve for you and your wife too. Hard times!

weeksy

OK here are the handicaps for the first race

Lol you think I’m a lot quicker than I am!

Poopscoop

Hi all and really sorry to hear the bad news regarding you’re wifes fledgling company @robbo1234biking

My hip finally on the mend so I’m going to join the ride tomorrow but I’ll be bimbling. Realy dont want to set myself back again.

Totally not a big deal robbo as I won’t be racing as such but my weight is now upto 110kg. Been comfort eating and lost all the weight loss I made over summer. Gutted.😐

Back on the wagon now and (hopefully) being able to get on Zwift again is a primary motivation for me at the moment.😁

weeksy

Good man Scoop. Get the attitude right and get the fire back !

Poopscoop

Thanks weeksy, I’ll be “seeing you” tomorrow!

weeksy

Robbo, throw Figg an invite please. Otherwise he’ll be hassling us both tomorrow

robbo1234biking

Cheers poopscoop and oopnorth.

Poopscoop – I can adjust the handicap time for you tomorrow morning assuming you have updated it in Zwift.

mrhoppy – admin is all good cheers. A lot easier this time round!

Oblongbob

Can I get my handicap reduced if I’m covid positive? On a more serious note, wife and kids just tested positive after kids had temperatures, so pretty sure I must be positive too. Fingers crossed it isn’t too much of a rough ride for the next few days. Guess I might have to drop out of the race to be sensible…redlining for an hour probably not advisable…though am I just being soft as feel fine just now?

Poopscoop

robbo1234biking
    Cheers poopscoop and oopnorth.

Poopscoop – I can adjust the handicap time for you tomorrow morning assuming you have updated it in Zwift.

Not to worry about that matey, I’ll be there for the banter and “hip tester” only.lol Just wanted to keep you updated with weight. Not a clue what ftp would be these days anyway but I’m not even concerned by that. Just want to get weight off and fitness (well, what I had anyway) back.👍

robbo1234biking

@oblongbob hope that you are all doing OK!

@poopscoop
    no problem! See you at the start line.

weeksy

though am I just being soft as feel fine just now

DON’t worry, you can’t infect us through Zwift 🙂

Poopscoop

@Oblongbob
    fingers well and truly crossed for you and family mate.

robbo
    poopscoop no problem! See you at the start line.

I’m looking forward to the ride this evening!

unclezaskar
    Free Member

Looking forward to series 2 tonight – many thanks again to Robbo for all the work in putting this series together

good luck everyone, see you on the start line…

weeksy

I’m not sure ‘looking forward’ to it is the right phrase… Maybe i put too much pressure on myself to stay with Robbo and Oop North… rather than just getting on with it and enjoying my own race.

nixie

Also looking forward to it tonight. I’m just about to head off for stage one of kill my legs, an hours PT session! Stage two is an hour later with a run!

robbo1234biking

Start Procedure:

Once the timer reaches zero I will start pedalling very slowly.
    If you are behind me on the road, start pedalling slowly to catch up with me.
    If you are in front of me on the road don’t start pedalling until I get close to you.
    This should mean the group forms quicker at a slower pace. Once everyone is together I will say go but this will be after the start/finish line so there is no need to rush.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo. I was going to ask as I haven’t done one of these yet. I’m assuming all categories start at same time?

Anyone know a hack so I can hide behind a tree for a lap? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.