Viewing 16 posts - 1,201 through 1,216 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • Another brilliant series of races, well done Robbo!

Just listened to the podcast and your aim for the handicap system to be as inclusive as possible and enabling everyone to have a chance of a win is for me exactly why I’ve been there every race.

Looking forward to the next series!

robbo1234biking

I didn’t actually nominate a charity for this round but it seems that a few people would like to donate so will sort something out!

J-R

Robbo – your work is never done!

1timmy1
    Free Member

Another brilliant series of races, well done Robbo!

Just listened to the podcast and your aim for the handicap system to be as inclusive as possible and enabling everyone to have a chance of a win is for me exactly why I’ve been there every race.

Looking forward to the next series!

I agree, I think the the handicaps worked really well. In the last 2 races where I felt I did better I scored more points than the other races. Also it was super tight with the timings after the handicaps were applied that every second counted which pushes you more and in turn helps to get you fitter.

Oblongbob

I donated to something previously I think!

robbo1234biking

There was a GoFundMe for Series 1 which went to Cardiac Risk in the Young.

Brian is going to set up a GoFundMe for Series 2 which I have nominated the NSPCC for so if anyone would like to donate (no pressure too – it has been a very tough year for a lot of people) then hopefully he will post it up when he has an opportunity to and people can donate.

Thanks everyone. Its good to give something back this year and support some worthwhile causes as a result of the series.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So as a few people have asked there’s a fine raiser up for Robbo with proceeds to the NSPCC as his nominated good cause this time out.

Thanks to Robbo for the organisation and to everyone who took part making it great fun. [And for making me realise I’ve got very lazy since summer, yeah thanks for that.]

Robbo’s Races Round 2 gofundme page in aid of the NSPCC.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Done. Good work Robbo and Brian

v7fmp

Donated.

Good stuff!

When is the award ceremony, with the champagne, trophies and scantily clad ladies?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

and scantily clad ladies

This is 2020 not 1990

You get mark, binners and chips.

Still scantily clad though. (possibly an improvement on Chips’ usual sartorial choices)

Oblongbob

Thanks Brian. That’s me donated. Good choice of charity.

stumpy01

Donated. Nice One.

v7fmp

@dangeourbrain – that works for me!! 😀

phil56

Donated – well done chaps

crazyharry
    Free Member

@slowpuncheur – You could be right and thanks for the advice. I did have a week off the bike early in November – although more enforced by a house move than part of training plan, and although did not involve any leg turning was not really “rest” in the truest sense. It did also occur that the stress of the house move on top of everything else may have had an impact, although not feeling particularly stressed. Anyway – now that this race series is over, I have forced myself to take a proper week’s break and I will see how I feel after that. I noticed after a couple of days off my calves in particular really hurt for a day or so, but that seems to have gone now.

Hopefully I’ll be back to full form for the 2021 series!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@crazyharry. It’s hard to make yourself rest sometimes but you’ll see the benefit. If you’ve ever tapered for a week before an event, you realise what being properly energised feels like. If you haven’t got one, get a foam roller on your list to Santa. Really helps my calves, hamstrings and IT bands. I just don’t use it enough!

Viewing 16 posts - 1,201 through 1,216 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.