Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • Straightliner

Yes please, I’m up for round 2.

jamesoz

Count me in please! Enjoyed round one. I’ll have to find some new excuses for being slow though.

dandasbike
    Free Member

count me in too please

J-R

Me too please Robbo.

robbo1234biking

Right got everyone who has entered so far! 34 entries in 48 hours so not a bad start.

w00dster

Me as well please. Won’t be able to make too many races but will try.

shortcut

Yes please.

Zwift name: Andy Smallman

New to your races, assume I need to give you a follow.

v7fmp

yes please!

Same stats as last series (although will double check to see if anything has changed).

Might see if the wife wants to get involved as well.

whyterider2
    Free Member

Count me in too, looking forward to this. Thanks for organising

Zwift Name: John Nicol (VR/BOBMBC)

jeff

Sign me up again please, cannon fodder cat…

Sign me up again please. Happy for my zwift name (Daniel Wood) to be on the results. I’ll hopefully have a more up to date FTP and weight before the series starts. Thanks again Robbo.

crazyharry
    Free Member

Count me in again – I’m a glutton for punishment 🙂. Happy for you to share my Zwift name on here as before.

weeksy

I was going to say no, but yeah why not. I’ll be throwing in an FTP that’s probably lower, but I don’t race for points, but road position. However I do have to reassess my place in the world anyway I admit.
    I look forward to it though squire. Sterling job!

dandasbike
    Free Member

I had a post race upgrade to my ftp this evening, current stats for the handicap are
    Ftp 262 and weight 76kg

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Can you add me Robbo if you have space? Didn’t do first series so let me know what info you need.

tlr

Sounds good. Followed you on Zwift, didn’t do first round so what else do I need to do?

kirky72
    Free Member

Robbo any news on the ST prizes from the first series? not normally bothered but could do with a cheer up just at the moment.😢

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Followed you on Zwift, didn’t do first round so what else do I need to do

You need to send robbo a video of you dancing the macarena on bathroom scales as you undress, pausing to show the weight when you’re down to your bib shorts, before carrying on to full nuidty.

God knows why he chose the macarena. Sick SoB .

robbo1234biking

Robbo any news on the ST prizes from the first series? not normally bothered but could do with a cheer up just at the moment

I gave the winners details to @mark from STW. Mark – is there any update on prizes? Thanks

robbo1234biking

OK invites have gone out for Race 1 which is on Tuesday. I will sort handicaps over the weekend. If you were in the last race series unless you have told me otherwise I will use the FTP and weight from the last series. If you are new to the series and havnt done so already can you let me know you weight and FTP please. Many thanks.

andeh

I’m gonna do an FTP over the next couple of days Robbo, as it’s been a while since I raced or owt, so I’ll update when I do.

movingslowly
    Free Member

May I join again please? FTP is the same but weight has gone up to 93kg

thanks

stumpy01

Robbo – sorry for the late response – can you put me down please.

I doubt my FTP & weight have changed since the last one.
    I’ll try to do a ramp test before the first race and update if needed.

Garry_Lager

Hi Rob, can I register pls, sry for late notice. Same ftp and weight as last time

tlr

Macarena video on its way to Robbo’s private account. Would a naked version raise or lower the potential handicap, asking for a friend.

FTP 303, weight 70kg.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Would a naked version raise

I assume that’s why it’s wanted.

nixie

@robbo1234biking can’t remember what my FTP was for the last series. Currently showing 328W in my training tool which I think may have gone down a bit. Weight is unchanged.

turneraround
    Free Member

Could I join you please if it’s not too late and there are still spaces? I’m unlikely to make the first event but should make the others.

I didn’t do round #1 so my stats are FTP 231 and weight 71.

@robbo
    I’ve given you a follow on Zwift

weeksy

I’m hoping to make these… but still unsure as to what to put as my FTP. Not sure i’ll get a chance to put in a ‘test’ this weekend as likely to be out in the woods. So i’ll likely just ‘race’ it and not care about the overall results, just race it as a standard race really.

phil56

@robbo1234biking – please could you drop me an invite? Thanks

robbo1234biking

Right everyone should have an invite now if you have asked for one.

@slowpuncheur
    and @shortcut can you let me know your FTP and weight please. You can post on here or send me a PM. Cheers

J-R

Robbo, looking forward to the new series.

One thought I had was about the starts – would it be worth saying that the start does not occur until YOU are at the front of the pack, then you will decide when to say GO? That might encourage people to bunch up behind you rather than have a bit of a strung out pack at the start?

stevio

Can you add a slack manx hobbit in? Found you on Zwift Companion after only 5 mins of technophobia

robbo1234biking

Stevio – will add you in. Got your follow on Zwift. I need your weight and ftp to work out your handicap. Cheers.

J-R will try and get everyone to hold just behind me!

weeksy

The big Qn then, can i actually rest today and Mon to ‘peak’ for Robbos series on Tues, or will i ride still and be a bit flat as always…

OR will it actually make sod all difference lol.

Race starts are tough, they really are, i mean for Robbo, not for me. Everyone knows the format, so as Robbo starts moving to the front, the power ramps up, the pace goes up and everyone is almost hitting 400w by the time Robbo sighs at the despair of it and says ‘go’

It’s funny it really is, but i’m not sure unless you’re one of the unlucky ones, it actually matters, but we do of course see a few people dumped out of the results/chances early on as they mis-time it, or sometimes that they simply cannot keep up even in the first 500m.

I don’t know what the answer is…

My suggestion is, we all let Robbo go from the gun.. he does 500m and we all stop as close as possible to him… we then go from a standing start.

zilog6128

It’s funny it really is, but i’m not sure unless you’re one of the unlucky ones, it actually matters, but we do of course see a few people dumped out of the results/chances early on as they mis-time it,

yeah a few people got caught out, you’d hope only once though!! Once you know how it’s gonna go down there’s plenty of time for everyone to get into the main blob. The idea of everyone being just behind Robbo before he shouts GO is good though and should hopefully make people cool their jets slightly…

retrorick

I’d prefer a standing start. All Robbo has to do is slowly move up to the front of the field and stop, then everyone else re positions themselves near to Robbo, we all stop then the go go go can start the event.

tlr

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-zwift-autumn-series-2/page/2/#post-11456471

This works well on the Donny Chaingang on Zwift; if Robbo doesn’t say GO until everyone is close but still behind him I’d have thought that would work, even if it takes a few km to get there.

All trying to stop in the same place on Zwift could be pretty awkward without brakes!

weeksy

All trying to stop in the same place on Zwift could be pretty awkward without brakes

Agree, but should be close enough. As long as we stop on a flat or up bit it should work. It’ll be a minor faff of course.

nixie

Stopping without brakes is easy. Goto the pairing screen and power drops to 0.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.