Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,518 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1
  • retrorick

My max 20 minute power that I’ve recorded is 233w according to zwift.
    I think that number came from the first stage of the maap race series and I was pretty much at my limit during race.
    I’ll treat myself to an FTP test to get a more accurate number.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry, wrong app – that’s from my grindr

Now half of me is trying not to think about it and the other half is trying to figure out what FTP would be in context.

yoshimi

Me please

FTP 183
    Weight 93kg

Thanks

dickydutch

Best off just considering the race result as a bit of a lottery I reckon but with the bonus of a good workout.
    As you said, can generally hold my own but ftp numbers suggest otherwise.
    Worth noting that Cavendish apparently had a crap ftp!

Blackflag
    Free Member

Now half of me is trying not to think about it and the other half is trying to figure out what FTP would be in context.

Feeling, Touching, Probing

Poopscoop

I see ST are offering merch as prizes for 1st, 2nd and third.

Now it’s serious.😐

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I’m tempted but I also think the Maths on the road will make my head hurt!

Is Innsbruck the Hilly one because the descent on that one’s already a pretty good equaliser

nixie

Yeap think Innsbruck is the hilly one. Though road to ruin has a fair kick as well 🙂

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Obv the handicap will work differently there but if Nixie has to get an eight minute lead there I think that might be a tad ambitious!

nixie

Remember it’s 8 minutes over the person with 0 not the person in second. I know what my tactics will be at the start though 😜🤮.

Talking of start I’m assuming this will be in a meet up? Pretty sure they don’t start from the pens so will need an agreement not to go till the start.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Meetup has you on a trainer by the road side so should be fine for that.

It does spread you along the roadside though so there’s every chance you’ll have an extra 50m or so to cover…

nixie

Not going till the start is the most important bit. Glad you get put on a trainer.

weeksy

Will be a blast. I may even taper and peak for events.

robbo1234biking

@yoshimi there are a couple of Daniel Ward’s on Zwift – can you follow me then I know I have the right one!

@ico86
    – I haven’t seen a PM. Not sure if it didn’t send so can you resend please.

I have a couple of new followers on Zwift who I haven’t tied up to usernames but I am not missing any usernames so it could be the two above. Also make sure you follow me otherwise I cant invite you to the meetup.

A few more details which might address some of the queries below:

Registration Deadline

To give me time in advance of race 1 I need anyone who is entering to have provided me with your FTP and weight before midday on Sunday 30th August. This gives me time to work out the remaining handicaps. Also For the first race I am using tyke as the benchmark time so some people may have a positive handicap and some might have a negative. This saves me from redoing all of the ones I have already done. I will publish results which will have your official finish time, your handicap, your final time and your final position.

Race Starts

As mentioned above we will be using meetup view. This plonks you on the side of the road somewhere along a 100m stretch. In order to make this as fair as possible we will have a neutralised rolling start. When the counter reaches zero position yourself in a blob around the ride leader (highlighted by the beacon). I will pedal at 100W. As soon as I am happy that everyone is in a blob (I would hope this takes no more than 30 seconds) I will type ‘GO GO GO’ which will come up nice and big across everyone’s screen and then you start pedalling like mad until you are sick or fall of the trainer.

Race End

Another Zwift peculiarity is that the end of the meetup doesn’t always correspond with the official start/finish line for the meetup. In order for the results to register you need to cross the blue meetup banner which may be a few hundred metres past the official line. It is clearly visible on the map and nice and bright in front of you so you shouldn’t miss it! When you pass it you will get an end of meetup screen which will give you you average watts and time to complete the meetup so you will definitely know when you have passed it.

I will re-post the info bits right before the races just to remind everyone. I will stop my own race about 1 minute before the end so that I can check everyone in and keep the chat channel live. I will add my time into the results for time but not any points standings so I become a neutral rider (I don’t think it is fair to win my own competition where I am deciding the handicaps!). The limit on meetups is 100. We shouldn’t get near that so if you cant make one I dont think you will be taking anyones place.

I will publish the results the same evening as soon as I have finished puking and I am able to breath again following the race!

ico86

Thabks for taking the time for this @robbo1234biking . I’m not sure why the PM didn’t come through, though i did have pretty ropey signal when I sent it. Anyhow my deets:

68kg
    285w FTP

Cheers!

yoshimi

Just followed you Robbo – cheers for organising although I will be missing the first one as on holiday

robbo1234biking

Got you both sorted now. Thanks. I did get the message ico86 but it came from Tim so I assumed hte usenrame was Tim!

Jerseys – we are in meetup only view so wear what you like. Maybe one day zwift will implement teams and we could have a STW jersey!

Bikes – ride what you like/have in your stable! Swap between races or try and choose the best bike for the course!

haloric
    Free Member

Sounds good, count me in.

Ok, I give up, how to send a PM, clicking on the username redirects me to the home page.

Followed on zwift via companion.

Anyways, 92kg, 270 ftp via zwift auto calculate, zwift: Ant Mitchell (vCCXXL)

weeksy

Robbo,

As a side note, i see that plenty of other ‘organisations’ have races on ZP, so maybe it could be possible to set up something with ZP/Zwift where STW becomes a race organiser. It wouldn’t help with the handicap system you’re using of course as we couldn’t have 25 different Cats… But it would mean we could in the future use ZP/Zwifts Cat system for races assuming people were happy racing within their usual ZP cat.

tpbiker
    Free Member

There’s alot of impressive power outputs on display here. I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot but will no doubt be destroyed on any flat route

66kg
    265 ftp

I think my tag is t.payne7783

dandasbike
    Free Member

im keen for this, although ive only ever used zwift for training so my race tactics will be completely non existent. what’s your zwift name robbo1234 and ill give you a follow.

zwift alex fordo197
    ftp 262
    weight 74kg

thanks for taking the time to organise this too.

I think there’s a 100% chance of me wearing the ‘Bee’ jersey in homage of the STW group rides!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

my race tactics will be completely non existent.

That sounds like most zwift racing.

Rule 1) be in the front group
    Rule 2) keep a bit in reserve for the end unless that means you’ll break rule 1.

jamesoz

Sounds like great fun. Would love to give it a go.
    Not done much Zwifting during the good weather.
    Weight 96kg
    FTP 302
    James Orsborn

danchaff

I’ll give it a try!

kirky72
    Free Member

count me in please, it the day after my usual longish Monday real ride out but it should act as motivation to add an extra effort.

My FTP according to zwiftpower is 242 I am 80kg at the mo.

John Kirk (STW)C 9157

phil56

Has anyone else got a big FTP discrepancy between Zwift and Zwiftpower?

From what I can see Zwift calculates and updates your FTP (although I think you get asked if you want to apply the update) – but this isn’t passed through to Zwiftpower

Mines only 300 on Zwiftpower v 344 on Zwift

robbo1234biking

Zwiftpower is a manually entered FTP. You find it under settings on your profile. I dont believe that it autoupdates.

I have got everyone who has replied or PM’d me now I think. Up to 45 entries.

svladcjelli
    Free Member

As Scaredypants said up there, I would at best be an occasional taker-parter but would like the chance to join in if/when I can.

Steve Ross STW
    80kg, FTP 253.

Thank you for this!

retrorick

I’ve just attempted a zwift ramp test and I achieved a lower score than before!

Rick M, 78kg, 215w (was 233w)

The way I found my FTP prior to the test was to go to the workouts section of the zwift menu and select a FTP or ramp test and it shows your current figure against the graphic of the test.

Garry_Lager

Thks for organising Robbo – sounds great. Will get involved just need do a ramp test and see what the ftp is.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I’ll have a play with this for a bit of fun 😉

380w
    76kg
    Charlie Revell (Tor2K|Kalas) on Zwift

Assume you are running it under the new Meetup Race function rather than open races?

tomlevell

ZP auto updates your FTP if you don’t enter one.

I’ll have a go. I gave up on a local meetup TT series as the dumbtrainer people were making a mockery of the results. Handicap will adress this so everyone can play realatively on a level playing field.

Already following you.
    Weight currently 78kg.
    FTP on ZP 261w

Oblongbob

Just asked to follow you. Real/Zwift name is Douglas. FTP = 317 and I’m 92kg.

movingslowly
    Free Member

May I join in to please?

Laurence Abbott IRC on Zwift
    90kg
    290 FTP

Thanks

robbo1234biking

Cheer all. I have updated with the latest to join. Up to 53 participant’s.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

ZP auto updates your FTP if you don’t enter one

Didn’t know that, just wiped my manual entry from 12th July and it’s given me an estimated FTP, bit lower than it was and almost certainly still too high given I’ve been under orders not to push it for over three weeks.

DrP

ooh…. good numbers here!

I’ll have a real effort at setting up the twitch live stream…
    my twitch channel is drpidgeon but will stick up the link for you ask to watch and enjoy!
    I’ll have the cast off in time for the first race.. but my left arm is so wasted and thin!!

looking forward to it!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

but my left arm is so wasted and thin!!

I guess there’s been minimal sausage handling in the last month or so.

tomlevell

ZP auto updates your FTP if you don’t enter one

Didn’t know that, just wiped my manual entry from 12th July and it’s given me an estimated FTP, bit lower than it was and almost certainly still too high given I’ve been under orders not to push it for over three weeks

Without looking it up I assume it’s based on last 90 day figures. You must have a rogue one in there somewhere?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,518 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1’ is closed to new replies.