Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,518 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1
  • robbo1234biking

No I think Zwift will set your ftp and update it automatically based on your best performance on a virtual ride. There will be a lot of people on here who have never done a ramp test. They aren’t that pleasant so most people prefer to just have a go at a race and see how it goes! When you set a new ftp Zwift will suggest a new ftp afterwards.

Alternatively you can do a ramp test which takes 20 mins but is only 3-5 mins of real effort.

Andeh – no problem just let me know once you have the details.

Mark

It’s an official thing now cos the main stream meeja says so 😉

https://singletrackworld.com/2020/08/join-the-singletrack-zwift-race-series-this-autumn/

weeksy

So we’re setting off together? I think that’ll give people like me an advantage on the flatter courses. I thought we were doing TTT type delayed start.

mrhoppy

Just to be clear are we chasing start or mass start with handicap added on? And are we on different handicaps for different events?

And is it cumulative time across the whole series or best X results from the series?

oopnorth
    Free Member

Haha I’m not sure that I should be handicapped at a similar time to Weeksy, DrP and Zilog, I know they can all leave me for dead. Will be fun to see what happens, looking forward to it!

Time to get in some races and push myself!

Ogg

I’m in, 86.5kg FTP 259 from a Zwift ramp test (Strava thinks it’s 236 though…)

robbo1234biking

Right sorry it is getting confusing!

1. Mass start with handicap added on at the end of each race. The handicap will be specific to each course so the handicap will not stay the same. The flatter courses will favour high power riders irrelevant of power. The hilly courses will favour light racers. This also allows some tactics to be deployed as well from drafting etc and encourages riders to break drafts etc and create gaps.

2. Points awarded for the top 10 from each race following the F1 points system so consistency will be key to win the series. Points work better than time as one bad race would put you out of contention whereas points give you a chance.

Mark – thanks for putting it up on the front page and for putting up prizes!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Great work Robbo! Thanks for organising!

Poopscoop

Thanks for setting all this up robbo.

The mass start with the handicap added at the end will make everyone go hard and try to hang on to the draft which is just what I need to get fitter…. and feel a bit ill.😉

I haven’t done an ftp test for about a year. I absolutely HATE them so my ftp is a Zwift assigned estimate.😁

bintangman
    Free Member

Hi Robbo
    Please can you put me down pls. Thanks for organising!

FTP 222
    Wgt 66

Pete B on zwift

mrhoppy

We just need to run a livestream of the racing now. STW Pro League Cycling. Or the MAOAM league, Middle-Aged, Overweight, Argumentative Men.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well this certainly turned out popular…

If you need a hand robbo do shout, looking like there maybe a fair chunk of work involved so I’m happy to lend a hand. (If only as I feel a little guilty as I’ve a nagging suspicion I might have put you up to it ages ago!)

retrorick

I’d like to join in.
    Zwift name : Rick M
    Weight : 78kg
    FTP : not sure where to find the figure on the zwift companion app? Occasionally the programme raises my FTP and I see a new number appear. It is somewhere around the low 200’s I think?
    Not done an FTP test yet but will do one when I complete the pebble pounder training plan.
    I might not be able to enter all the races due to working shifts.

I’ve added you Robbo1234… as a friend on zwift so that might help with the missing FTP number?

Rick.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Stephen Duckworth STW
    FTP – 184
    80kg

mrhoppy

And thanks Robbo, it’s appreciated. Do shout if you need any help with it.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Retrorick if you go to your profile on Zwift itself, or on zwift.com, you can see your FTP. It doesn’t show on the companion app profile.

tommyhine

Sounds fun. i’ll join in to make up the numbers.

Weight is a hefty 132kg. but with a puny FTP of 243.

mahowlett
    Free Member

Sounds good to me, I’ll give it a bash. 69.5 Kg 279 w/Kg, Think I’m Mark Howlett (GNCC) on Zwift.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

if you go to your profile on Zwift itself, or on zwift.com

I can’t actually find mine on the website. Lots of other useless guff but not my ftp. Might just be me being stooopid mind.

I think I actually gave you the wrong number anyhow, think I gave my best 20min effort instead of 90% of that or what ever it should be.

Ah well, no harm no foul. I might do a ramp test and see how I come out. If it’s significantly worse I’ll let you know,just make me work harder anyway.

retrorick

I’ll do a FTP test tomorrow. Maybe that’ll make the number more visible in my profile when I look at it?

stumpy01

I ended up on Zwift yesterday & really struggled – my fitness seems to have evaporated.
    But, I’ll be up for giving this a go.

I’ll need to do an FTP test or something as my current Zwift value is way high. I’ll do that in the next few days & then shove my stats on here.

Robbo – I think I am already following you on Zwift from the previous group meet-ups.

zilog6128

I can’t actually find mine on the website. Lots of other useless guff but not my ftp. Might just be me being stooopid mind.

pretty sure you can’t see it on the website, you have to load the app, start a ride, then go to the “edit profile name” bit. They are so bad at UI/UX it makes Garmin look like an iPhone 😂

stumpy01

dangeourbrain

You need to get this in game, I think.

In-game, stop pedalling & go to ‘menu’. Under your name is the ‘edit’ icon.
    Select this & you get your user profile up. Your FTP is recorded on the right of the box.

EDIT – whoops, there’s an echo in here…. 🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Sod it, I’m in.

100kg
    290w

Time to reactivate the subscription.

phil56

To find your FTP on Zwift I think you need to be in the main app.
    If you’re not riding this works;
    – Open the app and log in
    – Click ‘Let’s Go’ on the Welcome screen
    – at the ‘Paired Devices’ screen click ‘Just Watch’ in the bottom right
    – on the next screen click on ‘Back to me’ in the bottom left
    – Then ‘Menu’ in the bottom left
    – Then click on the ‘pencil’ icon just below your Zwift user name in the top left
    – you’ll now see your FTP in the middle on the right.

mossimus
    Free Member

Hi Robbo

Can you add me please. Scopping on Zwift
    77kg
    285W

Cheers

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

you have to load the app,

You need to get this in game, I think.

Turns out you can only do it in game. Who knew?

329 apparently, better but still doesn’t sound overly realistic.

oopnorth
    Free Member

My bad, I thought it was there, but it’s just weight and height info. Definitely can be found on Zwift itself as mentioned above, or in Zwift Power if you are set up for that.

savoyad

S avoyad (STW)
    74kg
    260W

Thanks Robbo.

dickydutch

This sounds like a great idea. I’d be really grateful if you could add me too.
    Rich Holland
    75kg
    FTP 246

Hoping a couple weeks inactivity and only riding uplifts in the alps hasn’t crippled me!

peesbee

Count me in please.

71kg
    FTP 250

PeesBee STW

stumpy01

Ha ha! With all these stats being banded about, I am going to be shot out the back like a bad case of dysentry!

Straightliner

Oh go on then. Jules Jordan; 93kg and 285W according to ZwiftPower/312W according to Zwift.

tomclark21
    Free Member

Count me in please

Thomas Clark

FTP – 272
    Weight – 79kg

ico86

I’ll get in on this please!
    PM’d you my deets

oopnorth
    Free Member

It’s going to be a hell of a peleton, until I get spat out the back as per the norm 🙂

scaredypants

Is there any limit on numbers ? I’m likely to be occasional, possibly never, and wouldn’t want to use up a spot for no reason

S caredypants
    78Kg, FTP 440

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s going to be a hell of a peleton, until I get spat out the back as per the norm 🙂

Just wait till Robbo “accidentally” puts on elastic band mode and those of us trying to make a big chunk of time are bringing our lunch up trying to get rid of you all

S caredypants
    78Kg, FTP 440

Typo?!😳

scaredypants

Sorry, wrong app – that’s from my grindr

FTP about 260

Blackflag
    Free Member

Ha ha! With all these stats being banded about, I am going to be shot out the back like a bad case of dysentry!

You’re not kidding. When ever i go out with others i can generally hold my own, but compared to literally everyone else on here my FTP is way off (184). Either something is wrong with how my power is being measured by my Tacx smart trainer or im a useless bag of lard with weak legs.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,518 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1’ is closed to new replies.