Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • hora
    Free Member

Its not far to Stretford. Looking forward to some pics. Yes, top day out.

Popocatapetl

Thanks for a great ride Pook. Top day out and great company to boot. I'm already looking forward to Cut gate when on the next one. Cheers, Ady.

hora
    Free Member

Was thinking -maybe the original route we planned- Edale/Cavedale then Beast would be better until Cut Gate is drier?

Or….a new one entirely. I'm cool.

Pook

Saturday 13th. Original route.

Great day today everyone, loved every minute of it. See you at the next one!

SBrock
    Free Member

hey guys, i got there this morning at 9am so was on my own……

jesus Derwent Edge was hilarious, i was waist deep in icy snow trying to get to whinestone le tor – then went down the other side and what i thought was a shallow puddle was a deep one – straight over the bars in a big puddle!! lol lol it was a soft landing but some people walking were terrified and thought i'd killed myself cos I was just lying in said puddle for a bit cos it was starting to get warm……. im fecked now!

Bunnyhop

SBrock we turned back when some of the chaps went for a reccy to see what the conditions were like up there. Have you dried off?

Thanks Pook, was much fun, with great company. Me thinks all the cake was eaten before hand so no-one else got a look in, 'points finger at podge' 🙂

Can't do the 13th, we're riding Rivi that day.
    Would love to come out for another Peaks pootle though in the future.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Evening all. Got back to Northampton at bang on 6pm. Had a shower and now chilling with a cuppa. Thanks for today, it has reignited my interest in riding. Would definitely be up for another ride round that way soon.

hora
    Free Member

I was going to go to the ale pub for a few but Im too tired. Cheers lads. Blaming you for that! 🙄

SBrock
    Free Member

did anyone make it up to whinestone le tor then? or did you all just turn back down again!

mmm give it another couple of weeks of no snow/rain and she be half decent to get round!

Mister-P
    Free Member

robdob
    Free Member

I feel like someone removed all my muscles and replaced them with treacle.

Great day guys, I felt like crap all day but still had loads of fun. Hope to do it again soon, I'll check out the 13th.

Anyone else drove back over Snake Pass? I did that and over Holme Moss and it was CRAZY fog!! Down to 20mph quite a lot.

Anyway, cleaned bike, stuff in the wash now relaxing with MrsRobdob and watching a film. Hope everyone else got home ok. 😀

Andy-W
    Free Member

Did any of you guys go on the roman rd towards hope cross then towards the A57 ? just thinking about going over that way sunday

cheers

nbt

Snake pass was a bit slow, we were in no rush but the world's most cautious driver was doign about 20 in front of us. It was actually worse on the way back than on the way over!

The pics were ok, none turned out fantastic. This is probably my fave

Clickety makey bigger-er. Full set here

FellMarvin
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for a very enjoyable day out, and particular thanks to Mister P for the loan of the front brake assembly and to Popocatapetl for fitting it. Sam and I headed back over the Snake to Glossop after the ride to arrange repairs to Sam's brakes and my gear shifter – I broke it as we reached the snow on the way over to Whinstone Lee Tor, and only had the bottom set of gears after that, but no real problem.

hora
    Free Member

nbt, they capture the moment and more importantly the glee brilliantly. Normally pics can be one-dimensional IMO.

Who is this rider BTW?

STW Peaks pootle 23 jan 2010

😀

Bunnyhop

Gurn of the day 🙂

nbt

Ah yes, I'd intended to put up a 100% crop of that gurn 😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

cheers all. Nice to find some real people behind these STW tags. Lots of fun had today.

Very disappointed I was the only one with a name badge tho'

h4muf
    Free Member

Great ride folks!

Thoroughly enjoyed it,right until my mate got a pinch flat.
    Stupid deep dish wheels mean 70mm tubes,only just made it to the van.

Thanks to everyone that came back up the trail to see if we were ok.
    Mucho appreciated!

T`was nice to meet you all,looking forward to the next one 8)

swampi
    Free Member

me like a plonker didnt get there till just gone 10.30 and no one was there except a burger van and a madison van/cple of cars…arse….must leave earlier next time

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – fantastic flapjack! Thanks again

Thanks for today, it has reignited my interest in riding

That is really good to hear.

stilltortoise – loved the name badge. With any more preparation time I would have done one, and I certainly will for next time

h4muf – sorry for whipping past you guys when you'd come a cropper. I was looking at the trail rather than who was on the side and thought you were someone else on the way up!

Swampi – you probably only missed us by 10 minutes. Next time!

Right, I really must get to bed now…

hora
    Free Member

me like a plonker didnt get there till just gone 10.30 and no one was there except a burger van and a madison van/cple of cars…arse….must leave earlier next time

Bugga. Next time we'll have to email a couple of numbers around to avoid this.

h4muf, it gave us the chance to have another ride at that descent again 😉

nbt

hora – Member

h4muf, it gave us the chance to have another ride at that descent again

Well, half of it in your case 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

awesome guys, unfortunately couldnt make it 🙁 which route did you end up doing in the end? sounds like you all had a blast 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Well, half of it in your case

You could have told me about the loo's at Fairholmes 😐

Pook

You could have told me about the loo's at Fairholmes

…and spared me the anquished cry from the woods as i passed!

really great day out yesterday everyone. My knee's a bit raw and bruised but that's what you get for jumping about in the snow in shorts!

Looking forward to the 13th

:o)

PS: jules, did you get the other shot of me properly flying? would love to see it

thepodge
    Free Member

i feel surprisingly good today, i thought I'd not be able to walk. the bike is a different matter, every time i used the back brake riding out of Sheffield station back up to Hillsborough the whole bike juddered and made such a noise people across the road turned and stared

Bunnyhop – Me thinks all the cake was eaten before hand so no-one else got a look in, 'points finger at podge'

I offered my cake about, Hora had some, Sam was too busy trying to kill Chris with the worlds largest screwdriver and no one else was interested… I'll bring more next time

oh and just checked out the pics, i clearly have some kind of phobia of cameras, i look uneasy in all of them

hora
    Free Member

Hora had some

I wanted all of it but Podge did the School/fingers held tightly in a band to stop naughty hora 8)

I rode around Hebden this morning and my left quad feels like its going to collapse.

sambob
    Free Member

i feel fine today, apart from slight tenderness caused by the saddle 😕 bike is still grinding a bit but it did that when we set off anyway 😯 thanks again to misterP for the brake

will
    Free Member

Brilliant ride yesterday guys! Once again Chris cheers for the organisation, i'm also looking forward to the 13th and another epic thread!

Also Nbt – great photos, thanks for that!

😀

nbt

Pook – I got others, but only put the "best" up

if anyone wants a high-res version of their pic, mail me – my address is in my profile

hora
    Free Member

nbt yes please to my tongue out one. 🙂

longstuff
    Free Member

Is there another ride on the 13th?
    Sounds like you all had a good day

hora
    Free Member

MarkB, yes however we do need to eat at the Rambler. Best Burgers around IMO. Pook, the other place further up- I'd drink there (better pub atmos) but I'd rather eat at the Rambler if that makes sense?

Pook

it does make sense – my photos coming soon chaps

skiprat
    Free Member

Thanks all for a great ride and thanks Chris for sorting it all out. Had a great time.

Should be back off honey moon by the 13th so will get her in doors to wash and unpack and i'll try and get out for a ride. After a week on our own i'll be ready for a normal conversation!!! 😀

Pook

let me know your names and i'll get it labelled up

more rubbish ones here

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I should be OK for the 13th. I already told asked the Boss. Looking forward to it. I will bring my fixie single-speed unicycle with flat tyre and buckled rim; I can't have Will doing all the hard work by himself

Thinking of giving my bike a paint job with a nice "stilltortoise" graphic on the downtube…or should I just bring a typewriter label again?

hora
    Free Member

Oi details of the British Army Goretex jacket please..

and..

You lot. That Bar maid was STUNNING. I don't care 😀

Pook

Typewriter labels everytime Danny boy!

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.