Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • Pook

hi everyone

another 15miler maybe?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hey pook i emailed you the other day 🙂 may well come along to this one if its ok? what route are you doing? got a map of it bud? also where do you all meet?

Pook

i replied to you before I sent this. All the details will be worked out, slowly and painfully over the coming days……

jackthedog
    Free Member

Is this the thing I agreed to the other day, suggested by Hora?

If so yeah. If not, yeah.

Pook

er – yeah it is, albeit with a date change

slowrider
    Free Member

hi,

id be up for joining some stw peaky people for a ride sometime, but so far the rides have been on my weekend at work. i work every other so maybe next time?

Pook

always welcome SR

SBrock
    Free Member

ok hopefuly I will be up for this, hopefully conditions will be better in a few weeks!

any way I'm taking advantage of the shit weather…getting my Heckler a new paint job, complete strip down and rebuild, service my Pikes etc etc… you get the picture!

Pieface

Count me in. However I would like to reserve the right to cancel.

BadlyWiredDog

I think I'm mountaineering that weekend, but if not…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is it a Saturday or a Sunday (not got my diary or counting head with me)? Sundays I'm up for.

sambob
    Free Member

possiblly up for this, not sure yet though.

Binster
    Free Member

Possibly, if new boys to the patch are welcome?
    Bins

hora
    Free Member

..but with the right turn down the Beast then straight back up and over to the end in Edale. NO long loop with climbs over grassy hills like with the last STW ride. I cant stand climbing. The fellowship of STW pushing-brothers didnt show for the last hardcore-climby-STW ride so I had to push alone 🙁

longstuff
    Free Member

Another ride in the Dark peak?, count me in!

mjb

Excellant, i'll stick this in the diary. Don't forget the spare brake pads!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Quite Possibly…

james
    Free Member

Possibly, depends on the snow

I'll be in a worse state fitness wise than the last ride having only done one serious ride in between .. I'll see if I can get a half decent ride in, in between.

hora
    Free Member

Well you can push at the back with me

longstuff
    Free Member

Fear not, I have not been on the Chameleon since the last Pook ride!

Longstuff

Pook

I've only done two very short rides since the last one. I'll get started on the route plans and stuff

hora
    Free Member

Since our last ride I have stayed onsite at the University of Reading within their Sports Science wing. Daily I have ridden for 6hours inside an artificial Oxygen tent, eaten a closely managed microbiotic diet and had numerous squat and circuit training sessions.

I shall crush you all under my tyre tread.

Pook

No post ride burger and pint for you then Hora?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Apologies for my earlier abrubt post, was keen to join the fun but a bit rushed for time to post 🙂

Count me in.

hora
    Free Member

No post ride burger and pint for you then Hora

I shall eat the burger and drink then fetch it all back up in the toilet 😉

dannyban
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Can I join you on this if you allow new faces? 🙂

If so where you all meet and timings?

Cheers

Dan

hora
    Free Member

Well derr. Yes. I shall bring my spare rear mech with me again attached to my camelbak.

Pook

I have a spare mech in my bag. Dan – you're more than welcome. Not firmed up details yet though.

Pook

Ok this is the route –

10am start in the layby
    http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=29960

dannyban
    Free Member

Quality,
    Sad as it sounds I've only ever on my own so will be a nice change, I have more fitness than technique but ill try not to slow you down! 🙂

Pook

it's quite alright – most of us have more technique than fitness so the law of averages will work things out
    🙂

Jenga
    Free Member

10am start in the layby
    19miles, nice route

Linky no worky.

Pook
    hora
    Free Member

Anyone know where Riddle Rock is???

james
    Free Member

UP Blackley Hey?! Thats looks nasty ..

mjb

Can there be an option to start from Edale carpark as well and meet you say 15 mins after your start time at the turn off on the Edale road? Saves a couple of miles on the road that's all.

james
    Free Member

A few suggestions to the route:
    http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=29962

Instead of Mam-tor straight to Dirtlow Rake/Pindale, go up onto Rushop Edge and down, then round on the backlanes (includes a very fast backlane, usually very quiet)

Instead of Hope Brink (lots of snow melt* wet grass) you could go up the Roman Road out of Hope

Instead of going up blackley hey, you could go up the long strightish up in the woods used last time, coming out part way up win hill, then take the fast grassy down back to hope cross (then back in edale)

*assuming the snow has actually melted a little, if at all ..

EDIT: Whoops, bikehike says its 24miles ..
    I've done it before, its not that taxing, its just 4 hills spaced out a bit more than a typical peaks ride

hora
    Free Member

Agree with start at Edale carpark. I still say the original route with a small detour down Beast at the end.

Cavedale is good and the road climb-bit after that isnt bad at all.

That way you get Cavedale 😀 and the Beast 😀

James- post Christmas and with the poor weather- 24miles will put alot of potential riders off. I wouldnt do it. Maybe after a few more weeks of normal riding but at the moment it would murder me. Sorry.

james
    Free Member

I'm not suggesting doing it all, it was just some suggestions around the existing route

hora
    Free Member

I know but post-festive it needs to be a easier route. We had some good folk on the first Cavedale ride and dont want to put newbies off! 24miles in the Peaks at the moment with a big group of varying fitness levels in the cold would take 5hrs+ to ride I bet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.