Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

im in if im about.

james
    Free Member

Slimmed down route of suggestions (Again not suggesting this as a whole (though might be good) but as a way to include stuff)
    took Hollins X out (usually quite sloppy), put in Rushop Edge
    Included Cave Dale AND pindale (so take ~1mile off (And half a climb) if you only did 1
    Roman Road instead of Hope Brink
    Short cut Push(/ride) up after the beast (the beast could be an optional extra near the end)
    http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=29963
    ABout 17.5miles with one of Cavedale or Pindale. 18.5 with both

I'll stop now. Extra route posting is just confusing things

hora
    Free Member

See how the weather develops- some parts of Peaks will be better than others. I still favour the original route- Pook did good there 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I am up for this as well if you don't mind me joining. I will show you how to REALLY push a bike up hills, so there.

18 miles absolute max for me too. Better to be shorter and fun for all than a slog where everyones miserable.

hora
    Free Member

18 miles absolute max for me too. Better to be shorter and fun for all than a slog where everyones miserable.

+1.

There could be a alternative ride for fitter riders.

Pook

+1.

There could be a alternative ride for fitter riders.

alternative for fitter riders including beast loop.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=29971

😉

robdob
    Free Member

I think long hard rides are best suited to small groups of maybe 4 max. You are more likely to be able to match each others abilities together with less people. Big groups are more suited to the "hey let's ride down that bit again to see if we can all clear it" sort of ride. 18 miles is PLENTY in the dark peak.

hora
    Free Member

Agree. I do feel bad holding people up who have worked hard at their fitness.

skiprat
    Free Member

Yep i should be ok for this one.

Think i might bring a lighter bike this time to make pushing up the hills a little easier!! 😀 Oh and the chest infection has gone now so i hope to push at twice the speed!!!

hora
    Free Member

Yeah, cheers for leaving me to push alone on the second Ladybower STW ride. I was the only pusher!

Pook

PUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now breathe…..

skiprat
    Free Member

Sorry hora, i'll be here for this then just to keep you company!!

robdob
    Free Member

I will be pushing up a lot of the hlls!!! Glad to hear someone else will be. 😀

hora
    Free Member

On group rides- when I notice a smoker has come along I always smile knowing that there will be breathers at least ontop of some climbs 😀

Pook

i think all of the climbs this time Hora.

lyons
    Free Member

I may be there. If I am, I will make sure my bike actually works this time…

steel4real
    Free Member

Maybe make sure you actually have a bike that's assembled AND working ? 🙂

Hetty
    Free Member

Did someone say pushing up hills? Count me in for that!
    I live in edale so can let you know how the weather is looking that morning.

hora
    Free Member

You live in Edale? Stifles the Todmorden jokes 😀

longstuff
    Free Member

No reply from Will yet?
    Maybe he could come out on a road bike this time 😯

Hetty
    Free Member

Only been here since March so am not related to everyone in the village.
    Although before that I lived on the Roaches and before that in Cheshire so muchos joke material for you there. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

I say keep it short, partly because i'm lazy and partly because last time the non pushers were getting cold waiting at the top of the hills. making it longer means that the group will end up getting really strung out.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I'm keen on coming out on this. Put some names to faces and have a good ride about.

hora
    Free Member

I say keep it short, partly because i'm lazy and partly because last time the non pushers were getting cold waiting at the top of the hills. making it longer means that the group will end up getting really strung out.

Amen.

Pook

ah 'tis shaping up nicely!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

a smoker has come along

*waves*

Hope you've got some good chat hora as I'll be keeping you company

Pook

not been sent to Coventry then?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I'm off now

hora
    Free Member

ourkidsam, ah I will be your smokers familiar 8)

binners

I'll be along for this one. I shall be bringing up the rear with The Enigma that is Hora

hora
    Free Member

On the subject of catching up….there have been rides where I've been dying for a slash but everytime Ive caught up the group (now getting cold) has set off so Ive had to endure 3hills of holding my bladder in 😉

binners

I thought your colostomy bag took care of that

hora
    Free Member

Difficult whilst wearing a corset!

Pook

I've found my snood.

will
    Free Member

Ah 😀

I will of course be coming.

Chris – Like the original route.

Bunnyhop

I'm very tempted but frightened of the difficult descents ( have only ever ridden bits of the Beast, never the whole of it) and the fact of holding people up, even Hora.

Pook

Come along Bunnyhop. We're always more than happy to wait/shout instructions/mark falls out of ten/fix broken bones

😉

Seriously, join us – noone will push you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with and like an armada, we're only as fast as our slowest ship. We like it that way, gives us more time to chat and enjoy the view.

Bunnyhop

Thanks. Will see how how the snow is.
    Have done a few local rides ( edge of the Peaks) here and am enjoying the white stuff, finding it hard to get enough bottle to ride the descents.

will
    Free Member

The thing I found with group rides is that as Pook says there is always lots of encouragment. I was last down the beast before, and arrive to claps…

You'll be fine Bunnyhop. More of social ride I think! Speed is not key 🙂

skiprat
    Free Member

Very much a social ride…for some more than others 😀

Will be a good day out with a good bunch of lads. Loads of different abbilities so you'll defo fit in somewhere!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.