Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • STW Fantasy Vuelta 2019 / General Vuelta discussion thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

He probably thought it was acceptable now, seeing as Froome set the precedent against his team-mate G

Really, the two couldnt be more different, when was the last time you saw Froome drag the race favourite from another team up the road?

weeksy

It is his fault anyone with a conscience or half a brain would have sat on Roglic as he had most to gain, a stage win wasnt possible.

The same as Thomas did in the TDF this year, sat that and let his team mate go while watching his TDF victory disappear into the wind. If Roglic had not been able to go faster and then Quintana had caught Roglic and Valverde, would the team have been better off for the day or worse ? I’d say arguably worse.

anagallis_arvensis

Uran, Carthy, Roche and some others abandon after crash.

anagallis_arvensis

The same as Thomas did in the TDF this year, sat that and let his team mate go while watching his TDF victory disappear into the wind. If Roglic had not been able to go faster and then Quintana had caught Roglic and Valverde, would the team have been better off for the day or worse ? I’d say arguably worse.

Sorry dont understand most of this, although yes Thomas did do the right thing as did Bernal as none of the other contenders were dragged away by Bernal. The rest is whataboutery.
    Valverde attacked and then paced Roglic away.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another unbelievable performance from Valverde. Will be a Piti when he retires…

cinnamon_girl

Another unbelievable performance from Valverde. Will be a Piti when he retires…

Yep and surprised that David Millar didn’t have (another) dig.

anagallis_arvensis

Quintana looks strong, we need some big mountains now!!

mooman
    Free Member

weeksy

Subscriber

The same as Thomas did in the TDF this year, sat that and let his team mate go while watching his TDF victory disappear into the wind.

Not exactly the same. Thomas had been dropped previously but had then been paced up to rejoin the group .. Bernal had gone off front a short while later (for all we know in the belief that Thomas could then attack to join him) .. but when Thomas attacked he couldnt drop Alaphilippe as soon as he expected to.

Quintana looked capable of dropping Valverde with a few KM to go. The Vuelta is the best GC for pure racing IMO

avdave2

Will be a Piti when he retires…,

Well don’t worry that happened in 2002, his debut though as a pro could still be a few years off as well the way he is managing to control his improvement. Quite an achievement.

paton
    Free Member

What Peter Sagan does in his spare time

weeksy

Ace, where was that?

Klunk
    Free Member

movistar trying to work over Roglic.

Klunk
    Free Member

blimey thats wet 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Lopez has gone up the road. Quintana or Valverde need to drop Roglic too if they are to beat him.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Felt sorry for Marc Soler, clearly under orders to give up his lead to pace other Movistar GC contenders, wouldn’t have been surprised if he was told to not help Quintana and hold back for Valverde such is the state of team politics. He looked mightily pissed off when crossing the line.

anagallis_arvensis

Meanwhile further back, Valverde is putting in attacks while he has two men up the road and López on his wheel…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

all going on today

MrSparkle

Getting a bit interesting at the top of STW league. Well, for me it is!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Kendal’s James Knox now 8th on GC. Massive hat to him.

IdleJon

Kendal’s James Knox now 8th on GC.

Always entertaining when interviewed, as well. I hope he doesn’t blow up.

anagallis_arvensis

More Moviestar madness!!

swavis

They are a properly bonkers team. Nairo seemed to be chuffed to bits as well, I’d have thought he’d be raging at Valverde for towing Roglic back up. Mad….

anagallis_arvensis

Nairo seemed to be chuffed to bits as well, I’d have thought he’d be raging at Valverde for towing Roglic back up. Mad…

Most likely didnt know at that point!

anagallis_arvensis

“It’s always the same stupid people who do this. Maybe one day they’ll win a race launching a straight attack,” he’d said.

“These really stupid actions are what the world champion’s team does – that’s what we’re dealing with. What a world champion we have!”

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t shed any tears if the whole of Movistar have simultaneous mechanicals/double punctures with 100km to go and the rest of the peleton rip the rest of the stage dropping Quintana and Valverde out of the top ten.

Spin
    Free Member

I wonder if Quintana isn’t the sharpest tool in the box. He certainly does some odd stuff.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont think Quintana is in anyway in control of Moviestar, they spend a lot of time chasing his attacks. Valverde seems an utter **** however. Roglic did well to keep a lid on his thoughts.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice to see Bora chase down Valverde for no reason except they dont like him!!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Nice to see Bora chase down Valverde for no reason except they dont like him!!

Yeah, had a giggle at that.

slowoldman

I reckon that Pogachar attack was about the same duration as a CX race. Coincidence?

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘STW Fantasy Vuelta 2019 / General Vuelta discussion thread’ is closed to new replies.