Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • DanW
    Free Member

Nathan Hughes (Wasps Rugby) appeared before an RFU Disciplinary panel this evening, charged with striking with the knee and/or shin, contrary to Law 10.4(a), during Northampton Saints v Wasps RFC on Friday March 27 in the Aviva Premiership.

Hughes was found guilty of the charge and given a three-week ban*, starting today (March 31). He is free to play again on April 28.

Commenting on the judgement, Sir James Dingemans said “This was a three week ban on the basis that no intention was found.

“However, there was recklessness meaning that, notwithstanding the harm, it was a low entry point of four weeks with mitigation of one week to reflect his previous clean playing record.”

The Panel comprised Sir James Dingemans (Chair), Aidan O’Brien and Martyn Wood.

*To include three meaningful fixtures.

Sounds like “nothing that wrong, but we have to do something for the carelessness”. Kind of fair enough I suppose

anagallis_arvensis

You dont get a 3 week ban for doing nothing wrong. They can rule the red is enough.

anagallis_arvensis

Saw this on another bored

onehundredthidiot

Really don’t see the ban.

onehundredthidiot

Lung is right. SRU have a reputation for wrecking players. They wreck them with gym work to bulk them up but as teens that ruins their bodies. Seen it with a few players from schoolboy, who should have gone places but haven’t, not helped by the strange they’re foreign so must be better policy they ran for a while.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

If this lad can keep this pace and awareness, he’ll go far!

http://www.eatsleeprugby.co.uk/school-boy/tyrese-johnson-fisher-tearing/

WOW!

I posted up this video several pages back – do keep up…..

wanmankylung
    Free Member

SRU have a reputation for wrecking players. They wreck them with gym work to bulk them up but as teens that ruins their bodies. Seen it with a few players from schoolboy, who should have gone places but haven’t,

And we both know that we’re talking about the very same players. Good job that they have rich parents and a decent education, in particular combustion chemistry, to fall back on.

duckman

SRU have a reputation for wrecking players. They wreck them with gym work to bulk them up but as teens that ruins their bodies.

Really? can’t say I had ever heard of that reputation. One of the guys who used to be involved in the 7’s and junior strength and conditioning is an aquaintance of mine. If you email me the name of the player,I could put any concerns to him.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

One of the guys who used to be involved in the 7’s and junior strength and conditioning is an aquaintance of mine

What’s his name?

duckman

You first,you are the one making the accusations.He also did the ref’s fitness course,and rehab and always seemed very switched on.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m not making any accusations. Plus I’m bound by patient confidentiality – so sorry but I can’t say.

DanW
    Free Member

Williams gets 8 weeks rest…

“The disciplinary committee, chaired by Roger Morris (Wales), along with Rhian Williams (Wales) and John Doubleday (England), having viewed footage of the incident and listened to representations made by and on behalf of the player, found that the incident was at the top end of the World Rugby sanctions for this type of offence, meriting a 16-week starting point.

“In the absence of any aggravating factors and in light of several mitigating factors, including the player’s exemplary previous playing record, the disciplinary committee applied an eight-week reduction from the entry point and suspended the player from playing for eight weeks.

“Taking into account the matches remaining this season, and two warm-up matches scheduled for the start of next season, Nick Williams is free to resume playing from Monday, 1 September 2015, and has the right of appeal.”

anagallis_arvensis

As the irish posters on here said nothing in it not even a yellow.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

😯

wanmankylung
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32169805

North is taking a month off. It’s a start, but nothing like long enough.

anagallis_arvensis

Seems a very short length of time to me.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

He is going to be reassessed at the end of the month so it may be longer

anagallis_arvensis

Mils Muliaina arrested in Gloucester last night for alledged sexual assault in Cardiff a few months ago!

loum
    Free Member

BM
    Chiefs v Blues sky sports 3 starting now (7.30) if you want to see Piutau playing at 15

Also Cruden/SBW at 10/12 in opposition – every chance that’s what Johnny and Robbie will need to beat in this year’s final 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Do you think SBW will be chosen ahead of Nonu?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Do you think SBW will be chosen ahead of Nonu?

It’s a hard one.

SBW has been consistently excellent since his return from the NRL. Nonu has traditionally been pretty average in Super Rugby but has stepped it up this season from what I’ve seen. Of course his partnership with Conrad Smith has been on of the best ever.

Maybe if Cruden gets the nod at fly-half that’ll mean SBW alongside him. Either way, it’s a good problem to have.

When it came to the crunch – 2011 RWC Final – they went for Nonu.

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts did a number on SBW last autumn. It was only when they took SBW off that NZ ran away with it. Roberts sucked him into a head banging dick swinging contest! Having said that I’ve not seen any Super rugby and that was only SBW second game back I think.

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Mils Muliaina arrested in Gloucester last night for alledged sexual assault in Cardiff a few months ago!

He started the game and was appallingly bad. Went off before half time – I assumed that he was injured and that’s why he was playing so poorly. Obviously not.

loum – Member
    BM
    Chiefs v Blues sky sports 3 starting now (7.30) if you want to see Piutau playing at 15

I watched the Blues game last week and Piutau showed some nice touches, although didn’t get much chance to excel because the Blues are going through their worst series of results in their history. They don’t look good at all this season. Curiously Piutau seemed to spend a lot of time in midfield, despite playing fullback.

loum
    Free Member

Guessing the ABs centre combo won’t be easy.
    Playing outside Cruden (if picked) should be a plus for SBW as a working combo, but CSmith and Nonu have that at Hurricanes too – with Barrett, Savea and Jane there also.
    And then there’s Fekitoa – playing prob better than all of them – with ASmith at 9 and BSmith at 15 for the Highlanders.
    They’ll use all 4, CSmith and Nonu are the tried and trusted, but IMO it’ll need one of Fekitoa or SBW to really take off to win it. More likely Fekitoa.

loum
    Free Member

Anyway, biggest gweekend in european club rugby so far and we’re on about ABs.
    Who’s going to win the big Welsh derby for that semi final place.

And will Leinster stop Ford and JJ?

And the English away in France?

I’ll go for 4 home wins in big cup.
    And 4 home wins in the other, despite Cardiff being up already.

IdleJon

loum – Member

And then there’s Fekitoa – playing prob better than all of them
    Good player, isn’t he.

I’ll go for 4 home wins in big cup.

I’d have to agree – home advantage will surely be too much.

anagallis_arvensis

who’s going to win the big Welsh derby for that semi final placeho’s going to win the big Welsh derby for that semi final place.

I fancy the Dregs. Both v poor teams though.

wrecker
    Free Member

come on leinster, beat the posh ****s!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@loum, yup 4 home wins look likely (Leinster winning against Bath, I admit that I’ve seen that score when making my prediction !)

Heads up to people here I may have 2 spare tickets to the final at Twickenham on May 2 as a mate has double booked himself and has asked me to move his tickets on. I’ll be going but you don’t have to speak to me !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Very close in the end…possibly dodgy penalty going Leinster’s way to win it. Ford created two (and scored one of them) tries, but his game management for the rest of it was average at best. Leinster should have put the game away in the second half with their possession and pressure, but it was a bit like watching Ireland at times…kicked up in the air a bit too much in the second half, when ball in hand may have created more.

Stringer got a great reception when he came on for Bath, which was nice to see. 🙂

Does this mean we don’t have to hear anything from Mike Ford for the rest of the season? Please?

anagallis_arvensis

Get involved #bbcrugby
    Deadly Darcy: And here comes Burgess. This will be interesting.

Anyone we know?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone we know?

Someone else has nicked my username!!

anagallis_arvensis

There can be only one!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😳

From being blocked by Matt Dawson to a mention on the BBC feed…it’s been a rollercoaster of a year. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Northampton in danger of this game running away from them completely. Clermont in total control at the moment.

EDIT: 20-0 down at 32 mins. 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Northampton in danger of this game running away from them completely. Clermont in total control at the moment.

Who the hell is reffing this? Has he done it before?

anagallis_arvensis

Glad the welsh regions dont have to face that!!

anagallis_arvensis

27 nil at half time!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clermont really can destroy teams at home. Have had to watch Munster getting taken apart a few times there…heroic defeats a plenty.

Ref is Lacey, ex-Munster 😀 fastest ref in the world apparently.

To be fair, nothing is going to help Northampton if they insist on missing nearly twenty tackles in the first half. Watching Clermont is like seeing how France could be if they really wanted to.

wrecker
    Free Member

Saints humiliated. Fofana, Abendanon and the Clermont 10 are running riot.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.