Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • St.Valentine's day. What did you receive?
  • the-muffin-man

I imagine that is extremely difficult to masturbate to?

…guaranteed wood though.

Cougar

Roses are red
    So are my hands
    Stop me before I murder again

I thought that was going somewhere else entirely for a minute.

Drac

Same as very year, nothing as we don’t bother with it as it’s tripe.

I did get her a very apt card though.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

First time in twenty years my secret admirer didn’t send me a card, first my grandma dies and then this , it’s been a terrible year !!

scud
    Free Member

I got my wife a really nice bottle of gin, she got me a nice bottle of gin, result we have two quality bottles of gin in cupboard, double winning!

Daffy

Nothing…again.

Perhaps I should take the hint.

🙁

darrell
    Free Member

knack all as usual

we both cant stand it

nuke

I got a Manatea 😀 …

Havent tried it yet

jonnyboi

nowt, nothing, zilch.

Valentines day is bollox, I remember when it was about sending a card to someone you fancied. Now it is marketing driven nonsense to shame people into buying force grown overpriced dutch flowers that could be bought for less than half the price a week later.

Being nice to your partner all year round is far better option.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Me and the GF are having takeaway pizza then sitting in a bathtub full of slube which is this stuff which turns your bathtub in a tub full of lube. It’s great.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Me and the GF are having takeaway pizza then sitting in a bathtub full of slube which is this stuff which turns your bathtub in a tub full of lube. It’s great.

Two things about this…..

1. I fear you may have overshared.

2. Two grown adults, covered in a lubricant, trying to get out of an extremely slippy bathtub?

What could possibly go wrong?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, it’ is pretty dodgy getting back out. We tried it before. I’d never done a forward roll in a bathtub before

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pretty mixed “have received/can’t be bothered” responses.

If nothing else today should make you think/wonder/warrant being loved or giving it back.
    Whether it’s marketing driven or not, a simple couple of words and a hug goes/does far more than some gift, what better gift than acknowledgement?

Enjoy, single or in a relationship.

aide

Nowt, we dont do valentine’s – to corporate nowadays. We just choose a (randomn) other day in the year to do gifts. Got tickets for ‘limmy’ show a few month ago though for this purpose

Sandwich

I’m going to see John Wick tonight. There will be cards and flowers/presents after work as this muppet left his wallet at work yesterday and the card herself ordered hadn’t arrived.

We’re quite organised us!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

later a sauna and a delightful nosh.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

She said Happy Valentine’s Day on waking and then she said not that I believe in it… we slept in and took the later train..

Valentines day is bollox, I remember when it was about sending a card to someone you fancied.

that’s how I met my wife sent her a card and bunch of roses a thousand years ago didn’t even know her full address just told the flower shop the apartment building name and he somehow managed to get to the right place.

Drac

later a sauna and a delightful nosh.

😯

bodgy
    Free Member

a delightful nosh

Discretion is the better part of valour, Sir!

Rubber_Buccaneer

a delightful nosh

I hope you bought her knee pads 🙂

prawny

Nothing, we don’t do it, made up day to sell cards and tat.

Might have a drink later, but equally might not bother.

johndoh
    Free Member

I reckon Vaseline should hijack the day and do an ad campaign.

8)

spacehopper

Got the Missus a single red rose delivered to her work.. 8)

I wont be getting anything today.. other than maybe a card later..

Im sure the steak she cooks me on march the 14th will be as amazing as ever though! 😆

HansRey

Where she’s from, it’s called “Friends day”. So she’s playing badminton with her friends and I’m off to the pub with a bunch of italians and french.

rascal
    Free Member

A card left for me with Vikings box set (more of an ‘us’ present).
    A card and some follows are awaiting her return from work.
    Bottle of red with Crispy Peking Duck (nearly typed ‘dick’), and assorted chinese snackage later.
    Then Blencathra programme on BBC4 at 9 – lovely 😛

nickjb
    Free Member

I imagine that is extremely difficult to masturbate to?

You haven’t read some of the shed threads then? I reckon there’s a few here that would manage

nickjb
    Free Member

Naff all. She’s away, so said not to bother.

Obvious trap

I haven’t either.

Uh Oh!

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing. I ain’t giving nuffing, so I’d better not receive anything or it’ll be a nightmare not knowing who it’s from.
    I need someone to go and see La La Land with 😆

steve-g
    Free Member

I received a card, hadn’t bought anything in return so bought coffees on the way to work, everyone likes a coffee in the morning so that was well received.

Will go out later, but have no plans so will likely turn into a pub crawl to home.

Tempted to ask her which she thinks is the more romantic city, Paris or Barcelona, then while she thinks about it tell her not to worry as they are playing each other and it’s live on BT Showcase! She wouldn’t find that as funny as I would though, so best not.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone using interflora?

teethgrinder

tenfoot – Member
    Ditto

Heh.
    Oh, misread…never mind.

PrinceJohn

Absolutely nothing. 39 years old, never even had a card. Sent a few, sent one this year, but aren’t expecting any back.

vickypea
    Free Member

I gave mr pea a card and he fell back to sleep with it unopened in his hand! My card was in his van so I haven’t had anything yet
    😀

Murray

Nothing – still asleep when I left. I left a card and a love heart on the breakfast counter.

MoreCashThanDash

I got:

A card.

Permission to go to the Hicks Lodge Tuesday volunteers session, so I could try hedge laying while she and LittleMissMC got some fresh air as well.

A lift to A&E after a slight error with a billhook…. 😳

johnx2
    Free Member

Just realised my tuesday night (mtb) ride may be toot serl, ah well…

Used to do the cards thing on the basis: why chance it? She doesn’t get me that easy with the ‘really don’t, it’s all bollocks’ stuff. But it really is all bollocks, so one year I risked it and nothing bad happened (I say nothing bad. Nothing worse than usual), so that’s it.

On the other hand every day’s valantine’s day in our house. Apart from 14th Feb, obviously, the only night of the year we won’t eat out.

perchypanther
    Free Member

we were away, had to eat out and took the VD /champagne option. Just about bearable.)

Apart from the itching? Did the champagne help with that?

johnx2
    Free Member

ah . just edited that bit off, as it were, on the basis it was close to being a cool story.

doris5000

gave: 1 card

received: 1 card and some fudge

Profit: some fudge 😀

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Apart from the itching? Did the champagne help with that?

And to think it all started with that innocent gesture of giving knee pads as a present. 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘St.Valentine's day. What did you receive?’ is closed to new replies.