Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,952 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • Cougar

TL:DR. Car bloat!

Car bloat with parking spaces that haven’t changed size since we had a man with a little red flag in front of the cars.

How do you know it was an ‘arse-backwards’ amplitude envelope creating the effect and not a section of music just played backwards?

I don’t, I’m not musical. That’s just the best way I could think of to describe it.

the-muffin-man

Threads being closed and posts deleted.

#tinfoilhat

Alex

Fibre installer due at 8.  Now apparently will be here ‘before 1’. I know it’s going to get done and even if it’s not today, it’ll happen soon. But we’ve been waiting SEVEN YEARS since we were first promised a decent connection and our 4G has been absolute pants for the last month.

I should just get on with some work and not get annoyed about stuff I can’t control. Except of course our internet keeps crapping out this morning…

ossify

When there’s a queue of traffic and some idiot is blocking the side road that you want to turn in/out of.

Happened to me twice this morning already 🤬

Considering getting one of these handy attachments for my car:

onewheelgood

Ceramic tap cartridges. Supposed to last ten years but lucky if they do two. There are literally hundreds of different sizes – all of the dimensions in this diagram can vary

tap cartridge variables

and when you do find one that fits it’s £20 instead of a few pence for a washer.

Alex

I should just get on with some work and not get annoyed about stuff I can’t control. Except of course our internet keeps crapping out this morning…

And they’ve just turned up so this thread title absolutely sums me up today!

fazzini

Hotel air con you can’t turn off. Fan noise is pissing me right off and I can’t sleep for it. FFS 🤬

zomg

1x. It’s just such an annoying compromise.

Military-esque working dog harnesses on dogs that are not military working dogs. Just stop it.

montgomery
    Free Member

Cycle companies that spend huge amounts on product development yet can’t allocate a tiny amount on copy editing their click through ads to ensure the spelling is percise.

singlespeedstu

Hotel air con you can’t turn off.

Look for the fuse box and switch it off there.

johndoh
    Free Member

Tender eligibility criteria (through an online portal) that states that the tender has to be in a printed format to ensure the tenderer meets their ‘no printing’ policy. So not only will you receive the same amount of tenders using exactly the same amount of paper, there will also be the additional wastage of envelopes and transportation.

Bloody public sector idiots.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Vodafone braodband.
    Down for the 3rd time in three months! Utterly useless customer serive “we’ll have a look and get back to you in 48hrs”
    I’ve now had to drive to the actual office to be able to continue working. Just hoping it’s back on later today before the teenagers get home from school.

fasthaggis

The neighbour that treats seagulls as pets.

flicker
    Free Member

Military-esque working dog harnesses on dogs that are not military working dogs. Just stop it.

and just where do you expect the dogs to hang their grenades and spare clips? Hmmmm?

MoreCashThanDash

Day long training sessuons on Teams……

Mister-P
    Free Member

to ensure the spelling is percise.”

Maybe they rarely make mitsakes.

cinnamon_girl

Letter number 24 from TV Licensing aka the BBC arrived in the post this morning. They’ve given me a date for their visit. They can FRO. Again.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Prime Ministers Questions

thebibbles

Bagpipes.

Alex

Vodafone braodband.
    Down for the 3rd time in three months! Utterly useless customer serive “we’ll have a look and get back to you in 48hrs”

I raise you Three who would consider that a stellar benchmark. 3 times in a week if we’re lucky. Or a day*

*until yesterday, hello fibre, goodbye Three, never darken my internet again.

Cougar

So not only will you receive the same amount of tenders using exactly the same amount of paper, there will also be the additional wastage of envelopes and transportation.

“Stuffing paper in envelopes” is a particular bugbear of mine generally. I had a full-on battle with my solicitor about this when I was moving house, they’d go “oh yeah” and email me instead, then two days later the same thing turned up in the post anyway. They once sent me a form which I had to sign, in pen, on the original form (welcome to the 20th Century) and post back to them. My hot take was “this is ****ing stupid” so I scrawled something almost but not quite entirely unlike my signature* on it, drove into town and shoved it through their letterbox. Whereupon they stuck back it in the post to another branch in a different town where their post room is so that it can be opened and scanned in.

I’m increasingly of the mind that Falling Down was a prescient documentary.

(* – I pick up a pen so rarely these days that I can scarcely write my own name anymore. If god had intended us to write things down he wouldn’t have invented keyboards.)

Cougar

Letter number 24 from TV Licensing aka the BBC arrived in the post this morning. They’ve given me a date for their visit. They can FRO. Again.

I know we’ve discussed this before and I think the TV Licence is good value even if personally I rarely watch what it pays for. But TV Licensing really are shits of the highest order, I can’t think of any other entity offhand who are legally allowed to harass people in the manner they do. I’m almost tempted to stop paying for it simply out of pique.

(Is it Capita these days?)

didnthurt

Some settings in cars reset back to default everytime you turn off the ignition. Very annoying.

cinnamon_girl

@Cougar you’re right, it is harassment and am disgusted that in the 21st century this is still going on. Yes, it is Capita who have their greasy fingers in many pies. The only ‘good’ thing to come out of this is that this organisation has been getting lots of publicity with regard to the Single Justice Procedure and the vulnerable who’ve been treated in a despicable manner. This must bring about change especially in the judiciary who’re being especially lazy by not doing their job properly.

chives
    Free Member

Just bent the nail right back on my index finger trying to “remove film” after sliding the cardboard sleeve off a fish pie, prior to throwing it in the oven. FFS.

Having not read the previous 42 pages of posts, I can well imagine that I’m pretty near the back of a very long queue here…

sirromj

Windows 11 defaulting to 100% volume after connecting bluetooth earphones and me forgetting about it until hitting the play button on media player.

kayak23

Having to go to the toilet.
    Well annoying sometimes.

fazzini

People on staircases who come to an abrupt halt as something on their phone is so important 🤬 See also people with their eyes fixated on their phone as they board: buses, trains, lifts etc ignoring the folks trying to exit said things.

kayak23

Shallots.

I swear they’re just small onions.

Cougar

Hence the phrase, “there’s no more onion, that’s shallot.”

Murray

Work just swapped my laptop for a new one, which is great but the ports are now on the opposite side so the cable routing is rubbish if I use it with an external monitor on the right.

(I’m sure people who have their external monitor on the left said the same thing about the old laptops)

ElShalimo

Yodel tracking  !!!!!!!!!!!

Cougar

which is great but the ports are now on the opposite side so the cable routing is rubbish if I use it with an external monitor on the right.

Does it have a USB-C port on the right? You can get USB-C-to-most-things adapters. A hub with a HDMI port and a bunch of USB-A ports is about £20.

onehundredthidiot

Writing the application for the job I’ve been temp in for 12 months but not being able to make it good enough that I’d interview me

grimep
    Free Member

Chiffchaffs. While I appreciate being serenaded by skylarks on my last two rides, the chiffchaffs can STFU.

kayak23

Chiffchaffs chafe?

ElShalimo

Yesterday’s strong wind

Incorrectly coloured flags…

fasgadh
    Free Member

Folk who cannot tell a flag from a shirt collar.    Good to have the chiffchaffs back.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,952 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.