• This topic has 803 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 804 total)
  • Stopping smoking!!
  • khani
    Free Member

Cider?..some of it’s drinkable..as long as it’s not quite frightening…..

camo16
    Free Member

Not had one today and no nrt…Could quite easily have a “falling down” moment at anytime

How are you holding up, Fenred?

binners

Cider? Drinkable? Frighting? White and Frighting…..

I’ll tek the fuggin lorru yez. Bleeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuurrrgggggggggggh

morgs
    Free Member

hahaha – anyone else remember the days of white lightning and skoll / tennants super snakebites? mmmmmm

binners

We used to have as the first drink of the evening:

mixed with

camo16
    Free Member

Like binners I was more of a K / pils snakebite man. Quite a kick, I seem to recall…

I fact, K was my first serious booze crush. Used to get ratted on K whilst eating dodgy curry many, many moons ago. 😳

fenred
    Free Member

How are you holding up, Fenred?

Doing better today thanks camo, seem to be keeping a level of equilibrium…For now 🙂

Blimey, K and lowenbrau take me back….I do miss Tennants Extra a lot! 😳

khani
    Free Member

Tennants extra! God there’s a blast from the past..
    Literally… 😯 even when I was a yoof and a big drinker that stuff sent me daft(er)…

sobriety
    Free Member

We used to mix tennants super, diamond white and port, we called it ‘Snakebosh’

fenred
    Free Member

haha! It definately had magic properties 😆

One of those beers that HAD to be drunk draught, out of the can just wasnt the same. I remember when I worked in the City as a spotty 16/17 year old regularly (3x per week) shift 3 or 4 pints of that stuff at lunchtime then going back to work totally off me nut…Couldnt do that now 😳 ah happy days

khani
    Free Member

We did that, we called it.. blerrrggggohmyfookingodthisisminginarrrggghh!!! 😯

binners

Aaaaaaaah – the 3 pint midweek lunch. Happy days indeed 😆

fenred
    Free Member

*feel slightly nauseous*

Good effort tho, was it drinkable or so thick you had to spoon it out?

camo16
    Free Member

It’s pretty sad to think that the only constant in my life from my snakebite days has been smoking. I’ve lost the goth spike hair – which was once my pride and joy. 😯 I’ve lost my ability to throw back pint after pint with nonchalant elan. 😥 But the smokes stayed and I have no idea why…

Aaaaaaaah – the 3 pint midweek lunch. Happy days indeed

Sounds about right!

😆

binners

Maybe as compensation for the Tennants? 😉

camo16
    Free Member

There’s no compensation, though, is there?

They were carefree days, those…

* gets seriously misty-eyed and sighs heavily *

I haven’t woken up in a pool of my own puke for at least 15 years…

fenred
    Free Member

Camo, might be cos nicotine is more addictive than alcocrackcrystalmethcaine that the smokes have stayed with us all.

*reminisces about leaning against the bar, sipping Tennants Extra whilst stoking that plastic black, back-lit “T” and Smurkin a tab indoors!*

edit – I never actually stroked the “T”…That sounds all wrong 😳

binners

I haven’t woken up in a pool of my own puke for at least 15 years…

Maybe that’s something we should all aim for on our night out. A trip down memory lane 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, who’s succumbed then, and who’s managed to keep it going?

And how are people’s bowels? All tickety-boo?

camo16
    Free Member

Maybe that’s something we should all aim for on our night out. A trip down memory lane

😆

Deal – I’m such a lightweight these days it’s almost inevitable!

So, who’s succumbed then, and who’s managed to keep it going?

Still going, elf… what’s that? almost a month now (more than £150 in cash terms)

And how are people’s bowels? All tickety-boo?

Swift, precise, satisfying. Thanks for asking.

philconsequence
    Free Member

700!!

well done everyone 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

Good effort tho, was it drinkable or so thick you had to spoon it out?

It was surprisingly tasty, which only made it more lethal.

morgs
    Free Member

Elfin – my return to club awesome is booked in for tomorrow

fenred
    Free Member

Swift, precise, satisfying

When you describe precise, do you mean you always manage to get it ‘in’ the pan, or ‘in the pan, round the bend, no skidz along the way”?
    …sorry, just curious like and a bit concerned I’m not a precise and accurate as I could/should be 😯

camo16
    Free Member

When you describe precise, do you mean you always manage to get it ‘in’ the pan, or ‘in the pan, round the bend, no skidz along the way”?

The second one. It’s all about applying the right amount of spin, Fenred!

@ Morgs – excellent news, dude! It’s been weird in here without you. 😳

fenred
    Free Member

camo, you da man! Where/how do I learn this amazing sphincter control?? linky please 😕

scuzz
    Free Member

I had my ‘last’ on Thursday night, lasted Friday and Saturday morning. Sunday evening comes along and someone was literally giving cigarettes away… Been smoke free since ~3am Monday Morning… That’s 36 hours. Half way to 3 days… Pleased I’ve managed to get through 2 work days without really even wanting a smoke. Calm before the storm? We’ll see how this goes…

fenred
    Free Member

Nice one scuzz, keep going! Remember to eat satsumas by the lorry load or else you’ll get ‘bunged-up’ 😉

camo16
    Free Member

camo, you da man! Where/how do I learn this amazing sphincter control?? linky please

I’ll sketch something out for you.

Follow the Camo turd spin technique and you too could be expelling your own perfect Tom Dalys in a matter of weeks. 😆 Hang on. Maybe I should charge for this?

Pleased I’ve managed to get through 2 work days without really even wanting a smoke. Calm before the storm? We’ll see how this goes…

Excellent work, scuzz. I think you should expect some less than calm moments in the next few days. Counter them with muchos satsumas and muchos willpower. 😉

cheese@4p

Going well here, some slight constipation and weight gain but I’m feeling
    AWESOME about myself for doing it.
    Come on you recruits, get on board the smoke-free bus to happy days.

camo16
    Free Member

Great to hear, Cheese@4p.

It’s starting to feel AWESOME in here again!

camo16
    Free Member

my return to club awesome is booked in for tomorrow

Are you in, morgs? And if so, how’s it going?

binners

Is Club Awesome back up to its full contingent?

morgs
    Free Member

Hey boys……I’m baaaackkkkkk (although not flying an F-15 into an alien ship)

binners

OI! You lot! Interesting fact time. According to six music, Prince wrote this song

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0[/video]

about packing in smoking 😀

scuzz
    Free Member

HI ALL. DAY THREE.
    8)

camo16
    Free Member

Great work, scuzz!

8)

camo16
    Free Member

Thread resurrection time!

How’s everyone doing? Morgs? Binners? Khani? Cheese@4p? Scuzz?

I confess I’ve fallen off the wagon a couple of times… 😳 but I’m back on now and looking forward to my first no-fag Christmas in way too many years.

Slighly tarnished Awesomeness, perhaps, but I’ll get there!

khani
    Free Member

Still going.. 😀 still getting STRONG cravings 😥 but fewer and further apart, feeling better on the whole…

willard

Day four for me.

Still have the odd moment where I remember smoking at a given time, but all can be out-willed now.

However… Champix is giving me very odd dreams. My sleep pattern has changed to doze, wake up, doze, wake up for the whole night, so consequently I am shattered. The tablets are also making me feel sick pretty much all day (worse for the hour after taking them) and have given me the gift of constipation in time for Christmas. I’m also putting on weight, something I plan to address using the power of the new gym in town.

So, not all roses, but not all bad either.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 804 total)

The topic ‘Stopping smoking!!’ is closed to new replies.