• This topic has 803 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 804 total)
  • Stopping smoking!!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah Morgs so sorry to hear that mate. Don’t beat yourself up though; we’re all human. We’re allowed to err from time to time.

Chin up, and show that Lady G what’s she’s misising; how can you not like curry ffs?? 😯

In fact, isn’t that like racist or something?

morgs
    Free Member

no curry is fine – was thinking of Bem Brazil???

as for the +1, don’t *think* mine is coming….so we can pretend if you want 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just googled Bem Brazil – looks really good food, but a bit too expensive for my limited funds!

fenred
    Free Member

bit too expensive for my limited funds!

Quit blinking smoking then! 👿

Sorrry, bit harsh….And breath…..

binners

If we’re meeting on deansgate, could I be so bold as to suggest el rincon. Or dimitri’s? Tapas-tastic!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

fenred – Member

bit too expensive for my limited funds!

Quit blinking smoking then!

Sorrry, bit harsh….And breath…..

Harsh, but so true!

fenred
    Free Member

Thanks for taking that in the way it was meant. 😳

Just thinking, no matter what our financial status is, there is always moolah for fags…Even if it means foresaking other ‘needs/wants’.

Damn the deadly drug!!

camo16
    Free Member

Just thinking, no matter what our financial status is, there is always moolah for fags…Even if it means foresaking other ‘needs/wants’.

So, so true.

I have spent weeks eating nothing but cheap white bread and cheap jam because I had no cash. I’m not sure lack of funds ever caused me to cut down the smokes though… 😳

Lady G, morgs, if you’re still on the weed, you can expect some serious tut-tut-tutting from me. Just warning you, like. 😆

morgs
    Free Member

hows about this – binners suggests a pub. we meet at 7:30. We all wear an mtb stylee tee-shirt (plain lazy for me I think) then decide from there?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

So how is everyone doing? I’ve kicked the fags for 15 days now, apart from this nasty man flu I have, it’s all positive 🙂 It may sound odd but I’m in a better mental state as well as physical, probably due to no longer loathing myself.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I’ve not actually had a cig since last Sunday. Only just thought about it tbh; haddunt realised I’d gone that long without a cig. Not craved one at all, either.

Might have a couple today, to celebrate. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Still going here 😀 still get stronk cravings now and again but they pass soon enough, Allthough..even though I’m riding loads and trying not to eat all the time’ I’m getting fat(er)..which pisses me off….. 😥
    So I’m trying to focus on the positives.. I can breath..I feel much better in myself..I’m saving a fortune(ish), and I’m loving the bike more than ever, 😀
    So on the whole it’s going well… 8)

binners

OopS. Got a bit of a confession to make. I buckled on Friday night while out with a mate who smokes 😳

Ended up getting a pack of ten. So I finished them off on Saturday, and now I’m back on the wagon again. Big bag of satsumas at the ready. That was definitely the last blip

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Assume the position Binners………………..

More than just a smooch coming your way

binners

*puckers up*

fenred
    Free Member

Well done on ‘fessing up binners. I’ve been off the wagon all week/wkend and felt guilty/rough/stinky after each one. Intial nicotine ‘hit’ is great, then it’s all downhill from there eh?
    …Good luck with the tongue-lashing fron TJ tho 😉

Satsumas and pistachio’s at the ready here….Might go and purchase one of those NRT crack pipe things (as recommended by Khani) if things get sketchy by lunchtime…Good luck!

morgs
    Free Member

TJ – come to manchester on Thursday and give him a nice sloppy real one 😉

khani
    Free Member

Binners….binnersbinnersbinners.. 😥 its that bloody record…eye of the tiger my arse..it was shit first time round!!
    At least I can stop singing it now… 😯 not that it made a blind bit of difference……

LoCo
    Free Member

So far a week on patches, only had a 1 or 2 puffs on a ciggie the first few days and yet to beat anyone to death 😯

khani
    Free Member

Nice one Loco 😀

and yet to beat anyone to death

There’s time yet….. As binners said earlier in the thread..you think your doing ok and doing something like making cheese and crackers can send you into a state of apoplectic rage..it gets better eventually 😕
    I hope….

Sue_W
    Free Member

Typical … me and emsz offer virtual snogs if you stay off the fags … while TJ promises to pucker up if you fall off the non-smoking wagon

… so what do you do? Yup, start puffing away!

S’OK, us girls can take the hint 🙁

khani
    Free Member

Typical … me and emsz offer virtual snogs if you stay off the fags … while TJ promises to pucker up if you fall off the non-smoking wagon
    S’OK, us girls can take the hint

That seems to be the case……hmmmmmm..?????

JamieMc
    Free Member

Just seen this post and though id pop in my situation.

First off, not stopped yet.

I work abroad alot of the time and the taking a smoking break is basically my way of getting away from the drole job. its a crap excuse but i gotta have some excuse (plus a pack of 20 only costs about £1.50). Having read all of this rather long thread my decission has been made. i really dont need the fags! Im not gonna quit tomorrow as ive tried quiting on a spur of the moment and it didnt work. im setting my stop date at 5 days from now. Some might say im prolonging my smoking unnecesarily but hey ho its me whos quitting and i gotta be happy and want do it.

Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions on here its given me alot of food for though. hopefully i dont substitute food for fags though…

I’ll update as and when i can

LadyGresley
    Free Member

S’OK, us girls can take the hint
    Hmmm, maybe that’s why I’m failing 😕
    I should have quit yesterday, after losing my baccy out of my pocket while out riding at Rivi – but no, I stopped at a shop on the way home 😳
    There seems to be too much crap going on in my head at the moment, but I will stop soon…
    I will…
    I will…

Hohum
    Free Member

JamieMc – Member
    Just seen this post and though id pop in my situation.

First off, not stopped yet.

I work abroad alot of the time and the taking a smoking break is basically my way of getting away from the drole job. its a crap excuse but i gotta have some excuse (plus a pack of 20 only costs about £1.50). Having read all of this rather long thread my decission has been made. i really dont need the fags! Im not gonna quit tomorrow as ive tried quiting on a spur of the moment and it didnt work. im setting my stop date at 5 days from now. Some might say im prolonging my smoking unnecesarily but hey ho its me whos quitting and i gotta be happy and want do it.

Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions on here its given me alot of food for though. hopefully i dont substitute food for fags though…

I’ll update as and when i can

Good luck with it mate 🙂

Do whatever works for you.

It sounds like smoking really is a big part of your routine so you are going to have to think very carefully about how you extract smoking from your routine and avoid situations where you will be tempted.

fenred
    Free Member

Good luck and well done’s to above.

Not had one today and no nrt…Could quite easily have a “falling down” moment at anytime 👿

Any STWers own a straight jacket I could borrow? 😉

Anyone heard from morgs or camo?

morgs
    Free Member

well, thats a kick in the goolies.

I’ll be up for drinkies on Thursday…..just not beer and as for food, I need gluten free.

Yup – probable diagnosis of coeliac’s disease 🙁

camo16
    Free Member

Won’t be able to make it for drinks on the 1st. 😥

Work is nuts this week and it looks like I’m going to be down south from Wednesday.

It’s been a stressful week or so, but so far I haven’t caved… Well done to all those still off the smoke, or still trying to get off.

Have a great time on Thursday, guys!

khani
    Free Member

Bloody hell morgs 😥 bummer!!
    Camo, if your near Essex J29 m25 give us a shout for a pint/bikeride/play out… I have spare bikes and lights an stuff

camo16
    Free Member

Morgs, that’s unbelievably crap news, dude…

Khani, cheers for the offer!

I’m not sure where I’ll be and when, but it’s possible I’ll be close to yours on Thursday/Friday. If so, I’ll try to PM you!

binners

Blimey! Sounds like an eventful week all round. After my lapse, I’m backon course and satsuma’d (is that a word?) up to teh MAX!!

Tell you what chaps and chapesses. Why don’t we leave the night out this Thursday. Rumour has it that the legendary Mr DD, aka: Bravisimo is up in the North tin the next couple of weeks

Why don’t we all get together then for christmas drinkees and Bratwurst at the Christmas markets. If you haven’t had a fag for a while, then you deserve a big sausage at the very least 😉

willard

It’s time I threw my hat in the ring on this thread.

I have taken the plunge and asked the doctor for Champix to help me kick the habit. Two days in (and some interesting dreams last night) I’m getting ready to quit on Monday next week.

Wish me luck.

camo16
    Free Member

Good luck, willard!

😉

morgs
    Free Member

good luck willard!

And binners – sounds like a plan. Bear in mind fri and sat nights are out for me as are wednesdays 🙁

hopefully not a major thing….just needs dietry control for the most part. the gluten free thing is goona be interesting. Beer? No. *sobs hysterically*

khani
    Free Member

No beer 😯 NO BEER!!! 😯 😯
    OMG!!! No fags..no beer..the only way it could get worse is if your knob fell off!..there is no god..!! 😥

binners

Dear God Morgs!!!! How can you possibly keep your sanity. What have you done to deserve this?!! NO BEER?

Mulled wine?

morgs
    Free Member

anything with wheat / gluten in and it’s a no-no. Apparently you can get gluten-free beer, but, apart from the £5 per 330ml bottle price tag, it tastes like an alcoholic glaswegian’s wee

not looking forward to that one 🙁

camo16
    Free Member

Morgs, apparently…

A number of premium and craft brewers now produce specialty grain gluten-free beers using non-gluten ingredients such as buckwheat, sorghum, rice, corn, etc. Not all the beers listed below use specialty grains, and some of them have had the gluten removed using special filters and/or enzymes, and in such cases they may not be 100% gluten-free (although each claims to test below 20 PPM gluten).

Against the Grain, World Top Brewery (United Kingdom)
    Bards Tale Dragons Gold, Bard’s Tale Beer Company (USA)
    BeerUp Glutenfrei, Grieskirchen (Austria)
    Birra 76 Bi-Aglut, Heineken Italy (Italy)
    Blonde (also Ginger and Apple Beers), Billabong Brewing (Australia)
    Daura, Estrella Damm (Spain)
    G-Free, St. Peter’s Brewery (United Kingdom)
    Green’s Endeavour Dubble, Green’s (United Kingdom)
    Koff I, Sinebrychoff (Finland)
    Lammsbräu, Neumarkter (Germany)
    Messagère, Les bières de la Nouvelle-France (Canada)
    Mongozo’s exotic flavorded pilsners (The Netherlands)
    New Grist, Lakefront Brewery (USA)
    Nodogoshi, Kirin (Japan)
    O’Brien Brown Ale, O’Brien Brewery (Australia)
    Passover Honey Beer, Ramapo Valley (USA)
    RedBridge, Anheuser-Busch (USA)
    Residenz Bio-Reis-Gold Dunkel, Liebharts (Germany)
    Schnitzer Bräu (Germany)
    Sorghum Molasses Brown, Outer Banks (USA)
    Toleration, Hambleton (United Kingdom)
    Tread Lightly Ale and 3R Raspberry Ale, New Planet (USA)
    Tumma Kukko, Laitilan (Finland)

I don’t know if that makes a difference, but there could still be beer on your horizon!

EDIT: Just seen your post :

the £5 per 330ml bottle price tag, it tastes like an alcoholic glaswegian’s wee

. 😳

morgs
    Free Member

cheers camo – I’ll defo have a look at them.

still got to have tests, but seeing as dad and sis are and the initial tests are +ve (even thought I need more to firm up the diagnosis) it looks like my gluten days are numbered 🙁

camo16
    Free Member

Morgs – this is crap news indeed. 😥

On a personal note, I haven’t had a beer in 15 years and I don’t really miss it that much. A major alcohol spree between the ages of 14 (!) and 19 screwed up my stomach for ages and I couldn’t get a sip of beer down without chucking it back up again – shame, because I was following a special Kronenbourg liquid diet at the time. 😆

Now, it’s wine, port or nowt.

Nothing to do with your situation, I know, but I thought I’d mention it.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 804 total)

The topic ‘Stopping smoking!!’ is closed to new replies.