Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • SSUK:-(
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Not sure about it now…..discuss

Fwiw I was looking forward to nice forest based flowing single track

dave360

last I heard it will be laps of an old abandoned airfield somewhere in Lincolnshire

shortcut

Lake District?!?

postierich
    Free Member

They should hold it @ Lee Quarry ace venue for their stupidness 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

Last I heard was they were waiting for the coal board to approve something

Dyffers
    Free Member

Lee Quarry is where they’re moving it, according to the email I have and I guess the pop larkin has also received.

Not sure about it now…..I was looking forward to nice forest based flowing single track

Exactly my thoughts.

Flashy
    Free Member

I’ll be mainly going to the fatbike weekend the following week instead………

postierich
    Free Member

The venue is certainly not easy on the eye or great for camping but probably cheap as chips,my van will not be looking forward to the washed out track up to the HQ

craigf
    Free Member

it’s in the north of england… everyone knows there aren’t any trees up here. looks like it will reflect the geographic location well 🙂

if it is to be Lee quarry i cannot help but think it would be a cracking venue for a proper hard SS race and fairly ideal for some post ride drinks…

ton

why has it been moved?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

all i am thinking about is fitting a slightly larger sprocket to get up that hill!

why has it been moved?

Email said ‘logistical reasons’. Which seems fair enough to me.

stevemakin

I’m certain that the organisers aren’t too happy about the first choice venue having to be changed, but…

Lee Quarry were gagging to hold the race, FE at Gisburn less so, why not support folks who want to support the race rather than fight with folks who are less so.

ski
    Free Member

Any rough idea of dates yet, I am running out of, cough, cough, sick days 😉

stevemakin

as far as I know dates are the same as previous, race is Sat 29th Sept

ski
    Free Member

stevemakin – Moderator

as far as I know dates are the same as previous, race is Sat 29th Sept

Ta Steve, will edit my sick diary

tazzymtb

why has it been moved?

inability to organise a bun fight at kiplings springs to mind.

I know Single speeders are meant to be a bit anarchic and disorganised, but this is just turning into a big old sack of cack. Any excitement for the event which is usually building by now seems to have turned into apathy. Such a shame to see a great event sliding into farce through what seems like a complete lack of interest from the “organisers” 🙁

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Hear what you’re saying Steve but I was under the impression the venue was a fundamental part of winning the bid to host the event so assume that Gisburn had been secured.

Never ridden lee Quarry but not sure a rigid ss would be the weapon of choice for most visitors judging by what I’ve seen

thepodge
    Free Member

Tazzy +1

If I’d have entered I’d have booked b&b up Gisburn way

sofaking
    Free Member

flashy, whats this here fatbike weekend? is it open to the general fatbike populus ?

dave360

What I want to know is how they have managed to blow a multi million pound tax payer funded marketing budget on a few emails and a cack web site. I expect Dave A will be along to tell us as soon as he gets back from Necker.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

sofaking – Member
    flashy, whats this here fatbike weekend? is it open to the general fatbike populus ?

Have a look here fella…

Another *Gulp* Forum….

marty
    Free Member

…I was under the impression the venue was a fundamental part of winning the bid to host the event so assume that Gisburn had been secured.
    Pretty sure that’s what David Beckham and Seb Coe said whilst presenting the case to the UCI…

Never ridden lee Quarry but not sure a rigid ss would be the weapon of choice for most visitors judging by what I’ve seen
    LOL!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Marty as the London mayor had said please do something with the east end of London I think you can say they had the venue locked down!

ahwiles
    Free Member

SSUK:-(

Not sure about it now…..discuss

i’m still waiting for the ‘you can enter me’ e-mail…

Flashy
    Free Member

I went to the lakes one earlier in the year, not knowing anyone. Brill weekend……..and follow “that” link……

dave360

and on the plus side it looks like the organiser’s cock sifting strategy is working a treat

pop-larkin
    Free Member

How fat does your bike have to be- I’m working on project Norman ( fat boy slim) a half fat kona unit 29 – would he be out of his depth ( literally!!)

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Dave360- classy

Dave
    Free Member

Bid was won on the basis it would be in “The North”.

We are keen that everyone can camp, party, race and Lee Quarry offers all those things in a more appealing package that we were compromising with to hold it at Gisburn. Do you compromise or commit? We chose the latter.

“Fwiw I was looking forward to nice forest based flowing single track”

Every year is in a forest, this year is going to be special. And treeless which is the flavour of the riding we do locally.

Do you want SSUK to be identikit or changing to reflect local riding? Discuss.

“Such a shame to see a great event sliding into farce through what seems like a complete lack of interest from the “organisers”

That’s it, that sums up the last six months of trying to piece everything together perfectly.

AHwiles we’ve had a few emails bouncing – contact ssuk2012@gmail.com ta…

dave360

hah Anderson says he’s “trying”. Look, it’s not good enough to be organised, any bunch of germans can do that. What we want, nay demand is elegant chaos aka organised anarchy. Anything less and I’ll be bringing Bacup to its knees with a poorly timed critical mass.

Flashy
    Free Member

Pop Larkin; How fat question
    I only turn up ride, drink, sleep, ride, drink, sleep, ride, go home.. So probably best to ask the question on the “other” forum. An “organizer” will advise…

gil_

An “organizer” will advise…

…that will be me then 😉

Sorry that should read..I am one of the huge “organising” team…

Keef
    Free Member

SSUK.

Shambles.

tazzymtb

and on the plus side it looks like the organiser’s cock sifting strategy is working a treat

or if you look at other forums full of singlespeeders they’re looking like loosing a significant percentage of the SS regulars who ride uk, European and world champs through being so shite.

maybe it’s good though as the SSUK can then just be singletrack and their northern clique as that is what it appears to be?

dave360

remind me again tazzy, which is the bit that is “so shite” ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member
    i’m still waiting for the ‘you can enter me’ e-mail…

Was this meant for toys19’s pal? 😀

wwaswas

if you look at other forums full of singlespeeders they’re looking like loosing a significant percentage of the SS regulars who ride uk, European and world champs through being so shite

examples?

dave360

and what is the percentage that they are (sic) loosing? Ideally to two decimal places please Taz.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

To be fair it’s gone down pretty badly on one cog on Facebook – if the reasoning for picking lee quarry is to show everyone what ss means oop north then why was Gisburn announced as the venue?

Ringo
    Free Member

What’s the average price on the bar gonna be? 🙂 And will there be a nice selection of ales

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘SSUK:-(’ is closed to new replies.