Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • SSUK:-(
  • dave360

Mr “Everything in my life is confirmed” Podge can express his anger in my direction. I’m not an organiser, but I know someone who is, so you can think of me as a conduit for your ire. Plus I do like an argument me.

tazzymtb

Plus I do like an argument me.

ooooooohhhh get her 😆

marty
    Free Member

as far as I remember when the Telly Savalas Fan club organised SSUK and SSWC
    FFS! Changing our name now eh? Player Club. PLAYERS CLUB.

I’ve very angry and I want you to fall on my sword.

Ringo
    Free Member

What about me **** dog

simondbarnes

SSUK moved to Lee Quarry? Ace. I might go now. Especially if loads of the moaning cocks in the rest of the thread aren’t now going.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member
    SSUK moved to Lee Quarry? Ace. I might go now. Especially if loads of the moaning cocks in the rest of the thread aren’t now going.

Yup… Sounds like a plan..

marty
    Free Member

What about me **** dog
    Is the answer Froomedog?

Ringo
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member

OOOOH get her 😀

tazzymtb

simondbarnes – Member

OOOOH get her

bet she’s a roadie as well 😆

Woody
    Free Member

FFS I have a tent, a singlespeed, a GF who also has a s/s, I can drink beer and I’m local’ish………. but I have 2 dogs.

Can someone pleeeeese put Ringo (and me out) of our misery?

When is it BTW 😆

OK found it but won’t be going as I’m not ‘cheeky’ 🙄

Keef
    Free Member

if Ringo takes his dog,then I want to take mine……

tazzymtb

but keef yours will eat everyone’s face off as he’s a psycho dobe and everyone knows they are evil devil doggies

Keef
    Free Member

oh poo. STW knowall rubishes my puppy.must be true then….. 😆

tazzymtb

STW knowall rubishes my puppy

and I ride a 5, my power of righteousness is unstoppable

phillyd
    Free Member

This has had me in tears of laughter.
    Im not sure whether it shows people still have passion for SS’s or that some people either need to get out more (or not come racing at all).

I for one would like to say that Im in the 30 people who will be racing hard but that I will still come about 35th.

As for what bike for the quarry? if someone can get 2nd in the mega avalanche on a hardtail SS then Im sure we’ll all be ok on our bikes.

Ringo
    Free Member

it still amazesme people do more than one lap at these things, once you hit the beer stop its all over 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

all the cries of beer douche 😀

Keef
    Free Member

‘racing’ there’s ‘racing’ wotnow ?

Drac

it still amazesme people do more than one lap at these things, once you hit the beer stop its all over

I cut out the middle man along time ago and go straight for the beer.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Are there actually any spaces left?
    Cause to be honest, I couldn’t be arsed with that postcard crap 😀

Bernaard
    Free Member

For me once I hit the beer stop at SSEC it all went downhill from there.
    Back on track I was looking forward to Gisburn, but it has changed for a reason.
    I have not done Lee Quarry, and would not have considered taking a rigid singlespeed there, as I have always imagined it to be rocky and in need of some bounce.
    I am in and as previously said there is 2 months to go.
    If I go will there be a somewhere to take my clothes off when I’m p1ssed? 😯

tommid
    Free Member

I don’t care where it is. I’m still coming and will be too drunk to notice where it is or how far I have ridden.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Woohoo my first ever 100 post thread… I would like to thank my family, god, ringo’s dog and all of you for making it possible!

Can’t wait for lee quarry bring it on

tazzymtb

Can’t wait for lee quarry bring it on

I rather like “option B” which looks far more like it 😉

john_l
    Free Member

I have not done Lee Quarry, and would not have considered taking a rigid singlespeed there, as I have always imagined it to be rocky and in need of some bounce.

I think you can get suspension forks to fit singlespeeds now.

Ringo
    Free Member

ive spoke to the dog and quite frankly shes pissed of now at all the uncertainty, ❓

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I’m with this. I’ve seen a lot of moaning for nothing on here and FB, but it should suit me. My bike even might be quite suitable for it.. 26″ wheels, suspension forks… It even looks like a normal bike, not an attention-seeking nichemobile. 😉

I’m really looking forward to this now since the venue change. A technical SSUK with some proper climbs and real descents sounds fun. Besides, is it really about where it is? If the riding isn’t what suits the most vocal people here, then it doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. Different people will do well in it, and it’s still singlespeeding.

tazzymtb

It even looks like a normal bike, not an attention-seeking nichemobile

LOL!

we’ll leave it to you plebs then 😆

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

It’s still got mary bars and a wonkey ring, so not that plebian!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Wonky rings are rubbish – just ask Al

thekingofsweden

Has the tagging machine stopped working !

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Only premiers can tag now.. Stupid two tier society.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

We have a SS sub category and it is possible to get a good SS course in the quarry. Charlie the Bikemonger sponsors it and a few forum regulars ride SS.

Next race on the 2nd Sept for a chance to race it properly before SSUK12

A rigid bike can do well twinklydave podiumed on a TD1 (geared) in our top category and he rode to the quarry from home.

Schwalbe tires and people running low pressure tubeless suffer badly in the quarry.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Schwalbe tires and people running low pressure tubeless suffer badly in the quarry.

Shit! 😯

EDIT… actually,

people

, I’m sure you mean fat knackers. I’ll cope… (I’m sure to get grief for this!)

Bernaard
    Free Member

‘I have not done Lee Quarry, and would not have considered taking a rigid singlespeed there, as I have always imagined it to be rocky and in need of some bounce.’

‘I think you can get suspension forks to fit singlespeeds now.’

Your being silly now. Suspension on bikes, whatever next………IGMC

wwaswas

This sounds like it might be the perfect time to take my full suspension singlespeed bike to an event.

Could it be moved again so that the venue is within an hours drive of Brighton?

dave360

so anyway, SD Barnes will be there. Woop!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Twist the knife why dont you 😉

charliedontsurf

.. I am going, and expect nothing more than rain and beer, and some bikes. What more do we need?

I can entertain myself in a field by myself, everything else is a bonus. Quarries are just like farms, fields and forests… Just they are farms that grow rocks.

Having said that I don’t know where I am going, or when. Happy to sponsor with prizes, but no contact yet. Whatever happens it will be better than 99% of races cos its single speed (which infers that it wont be so damned serious) and for me that’s enough.

If I organised it, you would be given a map and a route from one pub on a beach, to another pub on a hill. No Marsalls, no medics, no marker tape, no insurance, bring your own food, no showers, and the campsite would be near the pub which happened to have a band on. Might also have a fat bike race around the nudist beach. Look at that, I just organised it. How hard was that?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Charlie, organise next years event.
    😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘SSUK:-(’ is closed to new replies.