Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • SSUK:-(
  • Clink

Charlie, organise next years event.

Fab idea – in Dorset 😀

ontor
    Free Member

If I organised it, you would be given a map and a route from one pub on a beach, to another pub on a hill. No Marsalls, no medics, no marker tape, no insurance, bring your own food, no showers, and the campsite would be near the pub which happened to have a band on. Might also have a fat bike race around the nudist beach. Look at that, I just organised it. How hard was that?

This please.

singlespeedstu

Sounds great Charlie.
    Nekid fatbike racing would be AWSUM.

charliedontsurf

Uselesshippy… I already have, look its right there above your post.

It would have to officially be a reliability trial, rather than a race, but really who actually races? Those race guys can crack on ahead and be reliable. The route in mind is being partly used for a wiggle off road sportive, so whats the real difference? They give out medals for finishing in certain time zones. We can do that. Anyone who beats the hour (or whatever) wins a medal. We might get a dozen medalists. Who cares. **** it. Let’s do it the same day as the wiggle thing so the trail is already marked up with signs etc. Wiggle want something like £30 to ride public rights of way, I will do it for nowt and a beer.

If people are cool with the non race sportive format, I am up for it.

Clink

When?

ontor
    Free Member

Ok – count me in.

ontor
    Free Member

I love the idea of poaching the wiggle marked route 🙂

charliedontsurf

Clink, you already want a date… Calm down.

Roughly the route could be, but better, with less gravel and Tarmac, should the route take in a cake shop? .. http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Purbeckmap2.pdf

But we would start and finish at studland, cos its better for beach parties and beer. And the village name is funny.

D0NK

Hijacking the wiggle ride, awesome, what can possibly go wrong.

should the route take in a cake shop?

hell yes!

Why is the isle of purbeck called the “isle of”? can’t they be shot for trades descriptions act or something.

LQ is local so no exciting new trails to ride, bit of a downer but hey ho, looking forward to it.

charliedontsurf

Isalnd… Yeah… The stoborough road flooded a few weeks ago… We were once again an island, but not long enough to organise an independence movement or place angry trolls under the bridges.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

LQ is good fun on a SS ( read TOUGH ), The venue is perfect, like Sam said, Ideal for a bunch of Herberts who like drinking and Pyromaniacs…. ;o)Ive not entered, Im not sure I will (no bike), and if not, Im defo gonna come along for the laugh and help out……

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Reliability trial?
    Like who can stillride after 8 beers 😀

biff

The Outcast will be there – SSUK 12.

And will do something with Charlie in Dorset at some point.

—-

Not dead – just w*nking.

sp
    Free Member

And will do something with Charlie in Dorset at some point.

Woop woop bring it on 😀

big_n_daft
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger – Member

If people are cool with the non race sportive format, I am up for it

sounds great, just get a pile of medals that say =4th for everyone

for 2012 anyone who is into the “racing” bit will be probably doing the 3 peaks CX on the Sunday anyway

pjt201
    Free Member

I’m always surprised at the persistence of the outcast…

thepodge
    Free Member

If I wanted to run ssuk 2013 who would I need to talk to. I.e. Who lets me call it ssuk and not just another race?

Flashy
    Free Member

Charlie, you’re on. I’m sure the bristle possie would be very pleased with that………..

pjt201
    Free Member

@thepodge – make it known to the organisers of the current one, who if there is any competition, will come up with a way for it to be decided who organises the next one at the current one. if that makes any sense. basically, tell cheeky trails you want to do it and then you might have to compete against anyone else who wants to do it. be prepared for a thankless task though as can be seen from this thread.

oh and read this: http://www.aidanharding.com/2011/09/ssuk-and-the-elephants/

thepodge
    Free Member

Pretty similar to the sswc then.

Unfortunately I’m away for most of August so won’t be able to properly check with the venues I have in mind and then I’m staying with friends up near Gisburn the weekend of the race… Oddly enough.

I guess I’ll mail them & see what the deal is

dave360

last I heard you had to send a postcard

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s all bicycles innit, bIG wheels, little wheels, fat tyres, skinny tyres, fat blokes, skinny jeans, drop bar, high rise occupants, up hill, down quarry, rain, shine, pedal down, pedal up, sweat dripping off of your cock that dangles down and drips onto your top tube that you later lick off to replace those vital lost electrolytes that you later top up with real ale which you then piss out against the side of your neighbours tent in the middle of the night…

acehtn
    Free Member

good reason for sleeping in the car there qwerty 🙂 in case of little night time showers.

t-p26
    Free Member

This is good news, a better site completely. Easier viewing, better for (my) childcare needs and a venue that is happy for you to be there.
    BRING IT ON !

sp
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    It’s all bicycles innit, bIG wheels, little wheels, fat tyres, skinny tyres, fat blokes, skinny jeans, drop bar, high rise occupants, up hill, down quarry, rain, shine, pedal down, pedal up, sweat dripping off of your cock that dangles down and drips onto your top tube that you later lick off to replace those vital lost electrolytes that you later top up with real ale which you then piss out against the side of your neighbours tent in the middle of the night…

Ahhhhhhhhhh the good o’l days – if only more events were like this.

tomlevell

t-p 26 – Member

This is good news, a better site completely. Easier viewing, better for (my) childcare needs and a venue that is happy for you to be there.
    BRING IT ON !

Ooh is there onsite creche facilities at Lee Quarry ;0)

As for organising 2013 make some noise about wanting to do it then “firm” up your bid and talk to the “right” people.

Oh and if it’s further south than Sheffield I’ll be complaining loudly about how it’s always down south and it’s just kept in that southern clique. ;0)

charliedontsurf

Way Down south….

I heard ssuk2013 is in Gibraltar

t-p26
    Free Member

Ooh is there onsite creche facilities at Lee Quarry

Tom, my inlaws are but 45 minutes away you cheeky boy you 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Way Down south….

I heard ssuk2013 is in the Falklands

Drac

I heard it’s that far South it’s in the Shetlands

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d love to run it at wharncliffe but that’s never going to happen, I was thinking south of Sheffield but only just

miketually
    Free Member

What’s the nearest station to Lee Quarry? Todmorden?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Rochdale is probably the best bet, the choice of road/ off road route options. Todmorden to Bacup requires the road ascent of the local version of “Mount Ventoux”.

I suppose the key question is what is going to be different to the weekender? Other than it’s essentially a one day one “race” version? Half the people going will be off to 3peaks cx on the Sunday anyway and is anyone going to bother to organize a ride out when they have to shuttle their gear off the hill in a Landrover on the Sunday?

The drumlanrig and dalby ride outs were the best bits of those weekends even if only a minority bother. The Drumlanrig “2 hour” full day epic was cracking.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d come out of Tod station and go up through the park to sourhall then over Tod moor, more interesting than going up the road

big_n_daft
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    I’d come out of Tod station and go up through the park to sourhall then over Tod moor, more interesting than going up the road

get off further away and make it a real bikepacking trip 😉

I heard ssuk2013 is in the Falklands

Go for South Georgia, the ride out could retrace the Shackleton teams march across the island, less landmines as well

MrSparkle

If anybody is after some mtb friendly digs for SSUK/Lee Quarry then you won’t do better than my mate’s place right next to it: http://www.marmaladesbandb.co.uk/

big_n_daft
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member
    If anybody is after some mtb friendly digs for SSUK/Lee Quarry then you won’t do better than my mate’s place right next to it: http://www.marmaladesbandb.co.uk/

I’ve heard good things from people who stay there.

miketually
    Free Member

get off further away and make it a real bikepacking trip

Would have loved to ride down there, but can’t get out of work until 1:20 on the Friday at the earliest.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Is it just me or are all these moaning ****$ missing the point that its all about the BEER & CHEESE FFS!!!! (with a bike ride at some point)

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Rikoshea – Member
    Is it just me or are all these moaning ****$ missing the point that its all about the BEER & CHEESE FFS!!!! (with a bike ride around the campsite on my niche dandyhorse at some point)

FIFY 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘SSUK:-(’ is closed to new replies.