Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • SRAM eagle problem any one experienced it?
  • Slacks
    Free Member

My top jockey wheel went again recently.  Hit a couple of jumps at Aston and crunch. Top jockey wheel missing. The screw that held it on was left with the bearing and some of the thread from the cage snapped off.

The replacements I ordered last month have finally arrived. Will see how they work .

https://imgur.com/gallery/BduokV6

russyh
    Free Member

So I replaced my whole rear mech recently, following a host of problems.  New one came with new Jockey wheels.  Between my last ride and the change of mech my top jockey wheel had seized solid.  I am returning my old mech to CRC for a warranty claim.  I can’t see much wrong with it other than the cable guide thing being slightly lose which could be part of the shifting problem?

Anyway new mech fitted and all problems have gone away.  First proper ride today!

steveo825
    Free Member

Snapped my GX eagle mech in two last night. Stumbled across this thread and on inspection I have the non lipped jockey wheel. Chain slipped off top jockey, tangled and boom

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I keep snapping my GX Eagle chain. The weird thing is that its snapping the same link everytime (2 down from the “quicklink”). I keep replacing the damaged links and it happens again. I’ve never had this problem with chains before so dont think its technique with the chain tool, but have tried a different tool to see if it makes a difference. It’s getting bloody annoying!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

*strokes bombproof XT groupset lovingly*

Akers

Picked up new bike on Friday, fitted with an Eagle X0 derailleur. Pleased to report it came with the updated flanged lower jockey wheel fitted, so hopefully they are now coming as standard on all new Eagle derailleurs.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

Edit: My question answered on page 4…

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

People who’ve ordered a new mech that came with the new jockey wheels – where did you order it from?

I’m presuming this is a 2018 model but nowhere seems to distinguish it from the old design, presumably at SRAMs request as they won’t want to admit they got the design wrong.  Looking for X01 as my GX has gone baggy in only 6 months of use.

chilled76
    Free Member

I had this happen today with the new jockey wheels. 1/4 of the lower jockey wheel bow missing.

Poopscoop

Seized bearings mate?😯

chilled76
    Free Member

Nope, very rocky descent. Chain bounced off side and wedged.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘SRAM eagle problem any one experienced it?’ is closed to new replies.