Viewing 28 posts - 481 through 508 (of 508 total)
  • Spring clean
  • villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Really impressed with your stamina Rusty.  I still go out for walks but only pick litter probably 1-in-5 of those as there’s so little around here.  I play golf once in a while and pick litter up as I go but that’s a little less benevolent than your motives  🙂

montgomery
    Free Member

Out for a walk near my sister’s today. Found two full 1 litre N2O cartridges partially concealed in undergrowth. What do I do with them (other than get off my tits)?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Get off your tits and go wild with spray cream?

RustyNissanPrairie

Back to normal

Happy New Year fellow litter pickers!

Half a bag collected

RustyNissanPrairie

It’s finally stopped raining!

Today’s highlights include a builders blown away bag dragged to the nearest litter bin and a few flashing led disposable vapes in an otherwise boring early morning doggo walk!

RustyNissanPrairie

let’s get trolley’d!

Spotted this supermarket trolley about a mile from Aldi thrown down a gulley and starting to be claimed by nature.

Dragged it out with a few brambles and greenery attached. Met up with its errant M&S mate on the way back and got ourselves a convoy!

Cleaned it up and shoved it back in the queue – surprisingly there wasn’t a pound coin in it😔

RustyNissanPrairie

We’re back in action!

Once more unencumbered by winter gloves and not needing the illumination of a torch Bert and I are litter picking again.

2 bags to start off with.

RustyNissanPrairie

lighten up!

It’s suddenly lots lighter at 6o’clock. You can now see the bagged shit that fellow dog walkers have thrown in the bushes over the darker winter months.

1 bag collected

kayak23

Yey for bagged shit! 👏

RustyNissanPrairie

Twinned!

I wonder if someone in Bocholt has been out with their doggo this morning and collected a bag of litter?

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t go out of my way to pick up litter, I just pick up stuff and take it home or drop it in an empty bin. I’m very impressed with your efforts RNP. I take it home though, our non-recycling bin is rarely full and most litter goes in the recycling bin.

RustyNissanPrairie

@edukator

I’m very impressed with your efforts RNP.

I’m out with the dog every morning in our local area. It’s literally no bother for me to lunge at litter whilst walking past with Bert. I wish more dog owners did it.

I take it home though, our non-recycling bin is rarely full and most litter goes in the recycling bin.

I’m conscious that I’m picking up recyclable materials but unfortunately I don’t have the capacity to segregate. Fellow Civic Pride litter pickers do separate their litter pick streams but they are retired and have more time on their hands.

RustyNissanPrairie

I’m stumped as to where all this litter keeps coming from!

1 bag collected.

kayak23

Bert looks a bit stumped.

RustyNissanPrairie

Planes, trains and automobiles

Dogshit, red bull and vapes

1 bag collected

RustyNissanPrairie

“Lights out! Guerilla gardening, turn that shit up”

Xmas decoration plant rescued from somewhere at the time, shown for scale next to Berts leg. Planted in the guerilla garden this morning. Last year’s chrimbo decoration trees are doing well but lost a few to deer nibbles.

RustyNissanPrairie

why as a dog owner do I pick up litter?

To make up for dog owning **** like this.

RustyNissanPrairie

Tenuous link but today’s detritus-du-jour is rubber bands. I must be following a postman who isn’t interested in making a giant elastic band ball🤷‍♂️

1 bag collected

RustyNissanPrairie

Back from holiday!

Has anyone been litter picking in my absence?…..

1 bag collected, curiosities included two babies dummy’s

RustyNissanPrairie

John Wick-ers house……

as made by fellow Civic Pride members in the local park.

RustyNissanPrairie

Out walking with Bert in one of his favourite parks and noticed that lots of horse chestnuts have started germination/growing. Unfortunately they were in an area that’s mowed so they wouldn’t survive.
    Collected and planted them in my guerilla garden tonight. If only 0.1% of all the acorns/conkers/wild seeds that I’ve picked up grow then it’s going to be an awesome forest one day!

RustyNissanPrairie

4x more Red bull than Monster Roadman this morning!

…….and with that fascinating fact that’s it. I think this thread is done – it just feels like an echo chamber in here. I guess everyone has seen it by now and anyone who would be inspired has done so.
    I’m not a social media influencer and there’s only so many ways you can make a photo of a bin bag vaguely interesting.

I might do a weekly/monthly bump through the summer but I think daily is done.

RustyNissanPrairie

This week,
    Returned a shopping trolley
    Rescued a frog
    Replanted some germinating conkers into the guerilla garden
    Cleared a dog poo dump
    Picked a bag of litter every morning

brian2
    Free Member

Toad🤣👍. I often peep at your thread, and yes, you have inspired me. No dog, but I do regular pick-ups. Chappeau.

RustyNissanPrairie

Weekly update.

Started off annoyingly – nice Sunday evening walk over Holcombe moor/Peel tower and some McScroat has left a McCup on the ground. **** take it home🤬

Another evening walk and fly tipping under a roadbridge. Of course there’s a Monster can present. I only associate Monster with utter **** nowadays as discarded Monster cans are omnipresent. Sorry to anyone who actually enjoys it but 🤷‍♂️

On a positive note – spring time love is in the air. To anyone who has followed this thread for awhile – Millie’s affection to Bert used to be unrequited. However over winter Mille has matured from a puppy to a lady dog and Bert is now interested…….very interested!

5bags of litter collected and left at various council collected bins along with other Civic Pride members bags.

RustyNissanPrairie

Discarded Nando’s packaging – previously I’d put it in the litter bin on the bus stop opposite. It’s been there for years as I often put Bert’s poo bags in it.
    Recently however it’s been removed🤷‍♂️

Couple of trolleys repatriated

Crow raided bins tidied in the local park

A56 dual carriageway footpath litter picked

Cemetery tidied – it’s surprising how much Monster dead people can drink…

Anyone else litter picking?

towpathman

Please keep this thread up. Many might not contribute but it’s one of my favourite to read. We have a couple of litter pickers to get the kids out, might try and reignite their desire this weekend

RustyNissanPrairie

@towpathman

Thanks for the kind words.

I’m not an influencer by any means but it’s difficult to try and maintain engagement when the subject matter is a daily bag of litter!

Regardless, Bert needs his local morning walkies so I’ll carry on litter picking. Evening walks are adventure time!

Viewing 28 posts - 481 through 508 (of 508 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.