Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 508 total)
  • Spring clean
  • RustyNissanPrairie

@soundninjauk

😳 that’s some bad flytipping – hopefully your council/Environmental services chases it up.

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

We’ve got a couple of burnt out superbikes turned up in our woods, couldn’t find them in the litter bag so reported it to the council but a week later and they’re still there!  I guess services are stretched but you’d think someone was bother between the council, police and insurance company

soundninjauk

😳 that’s some bad flytipping – hopefully your council/Environmental services chases it up.

Yeah worst I’ve seen, never actually had to leave a (pretty wide in the scheme of things) byway and go through the undergrowth to go round something before. I think it will get followed up though, the other stuff I’ve reported has been. I said I’d be happy to give a statement to support any prosecution so I’m living in hope of that phone call.

We’ve got a couple of burnt out superbikes turned up in our woods

That reminds me, found a still quite fiercely burning quad bike or something at the bottom of a field only 2 or so weeks ago. I looked at it and thought to myself ‘is the time when I call the fire brigade?’.

I thought I’d moved to a nice area…

RustyNissanPrairie

My LBC is good for clearing fly tipping – they have a FB Messenger that they monitor and reply to.

That curryhouse needs fining regardless for using the tagline
    “Eat Karahi and curry on” 😩

montgomery
    Free Member

Another day off with pish weather, another walk into the Stoodley Pike litter mine with my 90l rucsac. Three more trips and it’ll be cleaned out.

RustyNissanPrairie

A bag for life being dead.

Town square and local cemetery. One bag collected/one bag filled

montgomery
    Free Member

Another monomaniacal walk-in, another 90l rucsac. The end is in sight…

RustyNissanPrairie

Another monomaniacal walk-in, another 90l rucsac. The end is in sight…

what is that rubbish? Is it flytipping or has someone been camping/living in the woods?

montgomery
    Free Member

That photo is actually copied across from today’s blog post on that very subject…

RustyNissanPrairie

Dozy Dena

….dropped her bank card. Found her on FB, messaged and dropped it off on the way to work.

But not before going to the offy and buying a load of fags and booze contactless.

Oh yeah – half a bag collected in the pissing rain.

RustyNissanPrairie

The big judging day!!!!

National Britain in Bloom day. Woke up early and did 1 1/2hours of micro litter picking – fags butts, tiny bits of paper etc. 1 bag full.

The town is awash with CivicPride hi-viz and t-shirts, everywhere looks amazing!

Good luck Rawtenstall!

RustyNissanPrairie

Usual hour wander round the local paths and park, the broken window analogy seems to work as very little litter to pick this morning…..

….apart from the Nos knob heads on the path next to Maccys who didn’t get the memo.

RustyNissanPrairie

Half a bag collected – short walk as Bert goes Canicross running today.
    Did a bit a of guerilla gardening.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bin lessons

I’m sure people just don’t know what a litter bin is our how they work🤷‍♂️

Apple’s from the local park about to be launched into the guerilla garden opposite our house.

RustyNissanPrairie

“Blumin foreigners coming over here and taken over”

Himalayan balsam is at full bloom and has taken over a few of our paths, Japanese knotweed is in full grow as well. I wouldn’t mind either plant if they didn’t die off completely in winter.

1 full bag collected – school holidays+nice weather = more litter.

RustyNissanPrairie

Monday morning tidy up following the weekend.

#412 how do you use a bin?

1 bag collected, anyone else over the weekend?

RustyNissanPrairie

Looks like someone’s dumped a weed grow somewhere – some of it being in the park.

Tidied away, 1bag collected and left at local bin.

RustyNissanPrairie

Minging megawatts

Not done this route over the summer as it’s too warm for Bert due to the elevation.

Being an engineer I love the concept of this installation – it’s a 1MW generator set that uses methane gas from the decaying former quarry/landfill on the hillside above to generate electricity. The woods on the side of the hill are also a popular MTB venue/session area.

1 1/2bags collected, fly tipping reported.

RustyNissanPrairie

I did a thing!

Half a bag collected this morning plus a pocket full of apples and some hazelnuts from the other day to plant.

Last year’s acorns are doing well – I’m really protective of my mini trees, they are the first thing I’ve ever grown!

RustyNissanPrairie

Two bricker……two bagger

Bit longer walk this morning as off work and no Canicross training today for Bert.

Double bricker kicker under the motorway bridge, plenty of shit lobbed out of vehicles.
    1 deer spotted, 2x💩 (Bert), 2bags collected.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bumped into this awesome woman tonight who had dived into the layby bushes half way down Buckden Woods (for those who know the cheeky footpath) and cleared out 100’s of McCostacunt cups and four van tyres.

I added to her pile later when I looped back round with my Poo&Two.

Check out Litter Picking Ramsbottom on FB

RustyNissanPrairie

Bert’s back in business

2weeks off but back in the routine again of clearing people’s entitlement.

1bag collected.

RustyNissanPrairie

Nice start to the day.

Beautiful morning out with my beautiful dog.

1bag collected.

kayak23

Bumped into this awesome woman

Fantastic. 😊
    Great to have people like this that exist to counter the rest a little.

RustyNissanPrairie

Stone the crows Magpies

Sorry crows – I’ve always blamed you for dragging dogshit and detritus out of the bins. Having watched a pair of Magpies this morning I now realize you crows are innocent and you can go back to pecking the eyes out of new born lambs again.

1bag collected, 1bin tidied.

web hosting images

kayak23

Near the bin, not in the bin.

PXL_20230906_053736327

RustyNissanPrairie

You can’t be angry though when Harold is in the photo!

RustyNissanPrairie

Morning paddle

Not the most exciting morning route but plenty of cooling opportunities for Bert.

1 bag collected – mainly from someone’s picnic

RustyNissanPrairie

Litter picking pays!

Wet uninspiring miserable morning – couldn’t be bothered taking a photo. 1bag collected, found 60p in a small pile in the grass!

kayak23

Yes!
    60p could get you a chew for Bert! 👌

stwhannah

You can watch the trash free trails summit here: https://www.youtube.com/live/y8f8SMHHTCg?si=QNMPSofXBESAHv3d

They do a lot of data gathering and analysis stuff in an effort to tackle rubbish at source. If you jump to the two talks from 1.29 you can hear a bit about why and what what they’ve discovered so far.

RustyNissanPrairie

Myles and Monster.

Do we think Myles is going to do well at All Saints?

I think Wednesday nights are sponsored by Monster – found 5 cans this morning. #1 **** drink company.

Otherwise 1 not overly full bag collected.

RustyNissanPrairie

Ghosts and Goblins

Wander round town to the cemetery and back. 1bag collected. Didn’t rescue the kidnapped Princess Prin-Prin (I had to Google the tenuous link)

kayak23

Mmmm… Delicious orange juice.

I’ll just leave it here.

PXL_20230915_071203469

matt_outandabout

I am just here to say ‘thank you’ to you folk for doing this.

👍👍👍

RustyNissanPrairie

I am just here to say ‘thank you’ to you folk for doing this.

Thanks not needed – I’m out with doggo every morning for an hour, it is literally no bother to take a litter picker with me and lunge at stuff as doggo is doing his thing.

kayak23

Well, millions of people do just that but DON’T do anything, so yeah, big ups 👏

RustyNissanPrairie

It’s acorn and conker time again – collected whilst out with doggo.

Some of last year’s are coming on well – I’m well chuffed that I’ve grown some little baby trees!

Non of last year’s conkers did anything though – I don’t think there were enough cold days to germinate them. I’m going to freeze some of this years and see what happens.

RustyNissanPrairie

You know why I litter pick?

It’s because of things like this on tonight’s walk over Holcombe. I didn’t unearth it – it was already like that but some **** has taken more effort to pick the rock up and smush and hide the bagged poop into the ground than it would to have just carried it. I don’t want to be associated with dog owners like that.

Bert had a shit so I did ‘poo and two’

kayak23

Wow 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 508 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.