Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 291 total)
  • spring classics and one dayers
  • kennyp
    Free Member

fabulous racing again. We are really being spoilt so far this year!

I miss the fans but the racing recently (both stage and one day races) has been superb. I think bike racing is entering a bit of a golden period.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yep. E3 in particular was as good as any Ronde I can remember.

anagallis_arvensis

Even as a massive Van Der Poel fan it’s good to see WVA win, sets it up nicely for next week. Has MVdP peaked too early and has WVA timed it right?

scaredypants

I think both VdP and Van Aert overdid their workload at E3 and that was mainly the fault of AG2R IMO – fair enough, they may not have been on top form but both GvA and Naesen are top quality riders and yet just sat in the wheels. Lack of ambition

alanl
    Free Member

The Womens Gent – Wevelgem was excellent too. Similar to the mens, in that there was a breakaway, that was 40 seconds away for a long time, but, it was caught in the last kilometre, then Marianne Vos, just accelerated, and no-one could get near to her.
    Hard luck to Elisa Longo Borghini who led the breakaway, and looked like it would stay in front. Why wasnt Anna Van Der Breggen there?

Klunk
    Free Member

warm weather and no wind for Dwars door Vlaanderen, another uber team fielded by DQT can MvdP emulate his nemesis and put them to the sword ?

Klunk
    Free Member

heat has made them frisky….

Klunk
    Free Member

viviani face planted into a ditch

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s human afterall !! 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Impressive win from Van Baarle and another for rim brakes after the 1,2,3 @ catalunya…. pray for rain. 😉

weeksy

It was a cracking break away and a full on TT to the finish, very impressive. I think the course suited his tactics more than most of the One-dayers, so going for it really paid off massively for him.

slowoldman

It’s official. ASO say Paris Roubaix is postponed until Saturday, October 2 for the women and Sunday, October 3 for the men.

rOcKeTdOg

☹️ sensible I guess

Klunk
    Free Member

rolling out….

Klunk
    Free Member

they look a little chilly

weeksy

Indeed, it doesn’t look warm. I’m sadly off out in a minute as my boy is racing Southern XC up at Checkendon, so i’ll have to catch up later with it.

Klunk
    Free Member

good luck weeksy jnr 🙂

weeksy

Ah, he doesn’t need luck, we’re just going for the day out, he’s gridded 25th and riding a 160mm enduro bike (admittedly a light and fast one). So we have 0 expectation of anything remotely decent for today, XC ain’t his thing really, it was just a day out with a few other mates riding it as well, so his only target is beating his best mate 😀

weeksy

“Sam Bennet in Gent Wevelgem over-fuelled” how’s that work then guys ? I can’t see as a racer how you can over-fuel ?

Klunk
    Free Member

probably ate at the wrong time…. just before trying to stay with WvA up the last climb resulting in throwing up.

Klunk
    Free Member

aggro at the front of the pack. “absolute muppets” 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

Yeah, not sure why the Astana rider hit the brakes – there’s no Astana rider in the break – but you wouldn’t brake to slow things down or disrupt an attack just ease up.

whitestone
    Free Member

Both riders been DQed.

Klunk
    Free Member

Looked to me that the astana rider got some verbals from teams trying to block the road and let the break go so he brake checked them….

Klunk
    Free Member

kicking off a bit on the cobbles. DQS look keen.

Klunk
    Free Member

“Death Ridge” 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Pidcock you muppet!!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

dq’d for throwing a bottle to a spectator!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That’s a powerful break going away. 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

they(the peleton) are not giving them a very long leash at the mo..

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

No. I reckon 2nd time up the Kwaremont, there’ll be a decisive break.

Klunk
    Free Member

MvdP on the front (with 3 team mates)….

Klunk
    Free Member

yowsers! boonanesque

Klunk
    Free Member

Alaphillipe you crafty little bugger 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

brilliant

Klunk
    Free Member

asgreen has got a free ride here

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Ineos are really missing Portal’s strategic nous. Headless chickens at times.

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t think they have the legs to be honest

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a select bunch out front

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

If you train for stage races all year, de Ronde isn’t an easy race I suppose.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 291 total)

The topic ‘spring classics and one dayers’ is closed to new replies.