Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 291 total)
  • spring classics and one dayers
  • theotherjonv

Oooh, this is GOOD!

anagallis_arvensis

AWESOME

Klunk
    Free Member

great racing.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Great result for Bernal, good to see him seemingly back on form.

jonba
    Free Member

Amazing racing to watch.

MvdP is simply unbelievable.

corroded
    Free Member

Absolute king. I’m so glad I rode the route a couple of years ago as it was great to remember that day while being stuck at home.

sparksmcguff

That was a proper early season race. Strade Bianchi just doesn’t disappoint. I want to be there next year. Promised myself I’d be there in 2020 but events precluded it.

sparksmcguff

I’m so glad I rode the route a couple of years ago as it was great to remember that day while being stuck at home.

Where’s the envious emoji? What was it like? Am hoping to get there next year.

anagallis_arvensis

A word for Pidcock too, massively impressive.

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s going to want match WVA and do a strade-san remo double, don’t think i’d bet against it.

corroded
    Free Member

What was it like?

Some very loose, punchy climbs towards the end. It’s easy to sneer at sportives but riding the same closed roads as the pros and also seeing the race is a fantastic weekend. I’d ride Strade Bianche again in a heartbeat (not so sure about Paris-Roubaix!). Book everything early and do it.

slowoldman

I think I’d like to tootle around for a few days and take in the sights and gastronomy.

Two great races, it really is time the broadcasters stepped up to expanding coverage of the women’s races.

scaredypants

Wow, just watched on replay. That was some sprint by Alaphilippe, never mind VdPoel. Monster – I hope they release the power files, you know, just to see if I could have had him up there

dovebiker

I’ve ridden L’Eroica a few times – different start / finish but takes in a lot of the same roads and the TV coverage doesn’t really show how rolling the countryside is, the punchy climbs and the state of the road surface in places – stutter bumps, eroded channels, soft ‘toothpaste’ surfaces and big drifts of gravel on bends. Riding it on a classic steel bike with downtube shifters, woeful brakes, toeclips and straps was all part of the ‘fun’ – Mte Sainte Marie on 42 x 21 lowest gear too. Worth it just for the beautiful scenery.

I’ve also ridden Paris-Roubaix and Flanders full-courses a few times – they are tougher plus they’re 30% further. Paris-Roubaix by far the toughest due to the brutality of the pave – just trying to ride sectors at full gas.
    The pointy-end of RvV Cyclo is ‘interesting’ as it’s the unofficial Flemish club championships reaching 40kph+, down main roads, cycle paths and across the stones until it hits the first of the serious sectors and the group just explodes.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

First time I’ve ever managed to watch it. Superb.

corroded
    Free Member

You can check out some of the Strade Bianche Strava segements, this is van Vleuten’s ride: https://www.strava.com/activities/4900577444
    It’s got the Tolfe and Pinzuto climbs towards the end (she’s QOM).

rOcKeTdOg

Relieved MvDP’s bars survived the onslaught! What a kick!

weeksy

He’s a monster isn’t he. Awesome performance

anagallis_arvensis

Second place for Cav today, got a bit blocked just as Maliere launched otherwise may have been closer…

slowoldman

Yes really good finish by Cav.

kennyp
    Free Member

When the cameras switched to the head on shot you could pick Cavendish out immediately, hunched down over the bars. Such a familiar sight and great to see it again.

Would be lovely if he could pick up one last win this season. Could have been today if he hadn’t got a bit boxed in.

Klunk
    Free Member

it was pleasing to see him finish in the front group @ Samyn though he didn’t figure in the sprint he wouldn’t have been there this time last year. Whether he can make the roster for any “big” races given the sprinting talent in DST and smaller teams (Bennett winning the opener @ Paris Nice for example) is another matter.

anagallis_arvensis

it was pleasing to see him finish in the front group @ Samyn though

Ex pupil of mine crashed and broke his collar bone 😟😟😟

weeksy

I don’t think he can best the likes of Bennett currently, but he clearly knows that too and is ok with it, hence racing the other stuff.

What I really enjoyed and I think he’ll enjoy I’d that he was right in it, a couple of times recently we saw him come into the final 700m and, well, nothing. But today he bailed it, went hard, beat just about everyone.
    That’ll do his confidence the world of good too.

Bennett in Paris nice, well, he did what he does, he’s a bloody quick lad for sure.

anagallis_arvensis

Richie Porte crashed out of Paris Nice 😟

Merak

@Klunk

Cheers for the spoiler, was looking forward to watching that.

anagallis_arvensis

Cheers for the spoiler, was looking forward to watching that.

Maybe avoid threads discussing road racing then.

Merak

Maybe avoid threads discussing road racing then.

Paris-Nice is neither a spring classic nor a one day race. Not unreasonable to expect to open a thread with that title and not discover the winner of a stage race that day…

Anyway I’m off to kick a cat.

anagallis_arvensis

Was a shit stage anyway!!

Merak

Nevermind.

Here’s a cracking pic of the machine that is Van Der Poel.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

power numbers are out

weeksy

im not sure he’ win a Tues night stw zwift race.

whitestone
    Free Member

A bit of analysis of MVdP’s numbers

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Tirreno Adriatico content
    .I realise not a classic nor one dayer
    Anyone watching? It’s been superb. One of the commentators caught it yesterday, these guys love to race.

speedstar

Wow what a finish! Thought Pagocar was going to catch him! Unbelievable

stevious

Can we keep stage race spoilers off here please?

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s been fabulous, I liked the factoid before yesterdays result if a race started with AP, MVP and WVA then nobody else stood a chance, it’s now AP, MVP, WVA and TP anyone else forget it. 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Would it be worthwhile changing the thread title?

Klunk
    Free Member

theres going to one almighty show down on the poggio in a weeks time.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Paris Nice just exploded too.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 291 total)

The topic ‘spring classics and one dayers’ is closed to new replies.