Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • sold a set of hope tech v2/x2 buyer not happy weird
  • davewilson634
    Free Member

As above sold mint v2/x2 tech brakes with new v2 183 rotor and 160 superstar both gold floating for £170 posted this is the response i got today
    Thanks for speedy delivery, got the brakes this afternoon. I mounted the brakes for a test, unfortunately they don’t seem to be compatible with  my frame brackets, so had to use adapter, though had only one so could test only the rear one. I was surprised when tested them because i remember you told me they are to sharp for you but they where not as sharp as I was expecting them to be. Also it doesn’t fit with the current head set I have, the brake lever interferes with the gear leaver so can’t really change gears properly. I didnt really realise these wont fit the bike, I had about 3 different hydraulic brake sets in the past and all where fine. I am really sorry about it but I think I will need to send them back and look for something that does fit the bike. 

Tom83

If you know they’re fine, I’d just get them to post them back and refund minus postage then just re-sell them.

wwaswas

Can’t comment on the sharpness but ‘ not fitting’ is not a reason to ask for a refund

davewilson634
    Free Member

Im considering doing that but not really sure why I should after I’ve spent the cash on new brakes…and what’s the headset got to do with it.

Northwind

I’ve never met a Hope brake that was sharp to be fair. But everything else is the buyer’s problem not yours. I’d maybe take them back if I was feeling cheerful, I quite like the meandering and confused nature of his email.

dhrider
    Free Member

As long as you know they were fine when you posted them, I would tell them they can’t return the brakes to you. Its not your problem he cant change gears. Does he need to buy a matchmaker clamp?

If hes not happy with them then he can sell them on if they dont fit his bike and his headset has nothing to do with the brakes!

jonomc
    Free Member

Tell him to re-sell them for the same price… Job done! Surely that’s how this forum works?

davewilson634
    Free Member

Haha Im well confused with his emails…I’m assuming he means levers are not where he likes with shifter so think I may as well send him a blink to matchmakers

Toasty

If he’s just got them out of the packaging, clamped them on and squeezed the levers there might be air in the system that will float up into the reservoir overnight. To be honest they’re very easy things to bleed anyway.

Can’t see anything from his email that would justify a refund.

He said he’s had 3 sets of hydraulics before, the vast majority of hydraulic brakes I’ve bought brand new have been shockingly bled from the factory.

davewilson634
    Free Member

They were definitely fine used them two days before posting.just would have been nice if he was happy but to be honest doesn’t seem like he knows what he’s on about . also just checked PayPal and he seems to have paid gift as no details ie address for postage is this correct

br
    Free Member

sold as seen 🙂

DickBarton

The buyer is aware that the gear levers can be moved independently from the brake lever and they can be spaced differently to how the magazines show i.e. brake inboard and gear outboard (or vice versa)???

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Who’s the buyer? One to add to the avoid list. Sounds like a bellend.

banks
    Free Member

The buyer is aware that the gear levers can be moved independently from the brake lever and they can be spaced differently to how the magazines show i.e. brake inboard and gear outboard (or vice versa)???

Probably not..

davewilson634
    Free Member

I’ve tried explaining sent a link to CRC match makers but I’m rapidly losing patience.

singlecrack
    Free Member

If there is nothing wrong with the brakes …it’s no longer your problem …dumb bike owner problem now 😆

chiefgrooveguru

If he’s that ill-informed and expects that level of service I’d suggest he sticks to buying parts from his LBS and letting them fit them. He hasn’t even used the massively powerful V2 yet! Is there a brake lever out there that can’t be made to fit with any gear shifter?! Just move things around! Refunding him would just encourage further idiocy…

smell_it
    Free Member

Did he pp gift? If so, stuff him.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Thanks I’m definitely reassured its not just me who thinks he’s a complete tw#t. It seems he did PayPal gift as I had to ask him for postal Addy as PayPal didn’t supply details .I cleared £170 to

orangeboy
    Free Member

Much as above sounds like he is a retard , second hand prices have certain consequences

Hope tech lever and shifter issues are well known and ony need the correct mount

Frankers
    Free Member

If he doesn’t like them tell him to sell them on, when you buy 2nd hand you don’t expect to return if not suitable, that’s the risk instead of buying from a shop

davewilson634
    Free Member

Yep that’s exactly what I told ..he followed by telling me that’s what stw is about helping each other out maybe one day I will realise lol.
    Crazy man

warton
    Free Member

So, to summarise,

He can’t fit brakes properly.
    He can’t bleed brakes.
    He paid Paypal gift.

what are we discussing?

Scapegoat

How about, and I’m reaching for my flameproof suit as I type, having the patience to explain to what appears to be a novice how to fit them? If you have Davewilson, then carry on……..

Deveron53
    Free Member

If it was ebay I’d consider discussing it to reach an amicable solution.

However:

He can’t fit brakes properly.
    He can’t bleed brakes.
    He paid Paypal gift.

So stuff him!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

laugh him off sounds like a proper idiot why would you start buy stuff 2nd hand when he clearly has no idea on what he’s doing as far as working on bikes is concerned 🙄

mokl
    Free Member

How aggravating, it seems that he just doesn’t really know what he’s on about. I recommend he just takes the bike to his lbs. He got a great price for the brakes so far as I can see.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Ok so he has probably not worded his ” issues” very we’ll to get a positive and amicable outcome but we all started somewhere so give the guy a break.

Try and see if you can help him overcome the situation or take the brakes back and flog them again

davewilson634
    Free Member

I’ve tried explaining everything to him with no luck..I have also bought new brakes with the cash so he won’t be getting it back.thanks

gmex619
    Free Member

Weird.. all my hopes have been super fast and strong. I’m using V2 at the minute and I’ve never had anything so good!

gsp1984
    Free Member

Caveat emptor… In other words, tough.

If the item was as described then its not your problem… Sharpness is subjective

steviecapt
    Free Member

you can only do your best to help the guy, to resolve his issues, if he doesnt want to listen or doesnt know what hes doing, then how can he blame the seller, he should just bite the bullet and take his brakes and get his local bike shop to fit them, you shouldnt feel any remorse you have done nothing wrong and you have even tried to help him, some people just cant be helped, forget it n move on

Daffy

Hope brakes need to have the rotor perfectly centered in the caliper (that’s why the line is there) for them to feel tight/right, if he’s swapped the adapter when fitting, then they might not. Additionally, If he’s swapped the adapter for another non-hope item, it may not be correct for the caliper/disc combo and so only part of the pad may be in contact with the disc. Hope M4/V2/X2 are all a little fiddly to setup.

tymbian
    Free Member

Don’t send the money till you received them back and checked them over.

bruneep

Update?

andyrm
    Free Member

He paid pp gift despite all the warnings?

No refunds, sold as seen, caveat emptor – you’re not a shop, he has no rights, and he stupidly gave away the one angle he had (pp protection).

clubber
    Free Member

On the other hand…

You obviously have every right to do nothing. It sounds like you’ve upheld your end of the deal.

But he clearly doesn’t know much about bikes and thought all brakes would fit. You could show some good will and let him return them and then you refund the price less your costs. If he kicks up any fuss about that then if be telling him hard luck. And tell him to go to a shop…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

What a dumb ass.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Offered the guy adapters I had spare but chose to ignore me….his problem .thanks all

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘sold a set of hope tech v2/x2 buyer not happy weird’ is closed to new replies.