• This topic has 108 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • So where you all been riding today??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Nowhere for me as working later and been out walking with the Mrs this morning, did get in 26 mile yesterday though and everywhere is still riding great, even deep in the forest on the cheeky bits its dry and dusty.

Its a fantastic day, clear blue skies, cool and fresh.

Hope it lasts till Monday at least as thats next riding day for me 🙂

gears_suck
    Free Member

The Chase. Awesome. Dry as a bone and perfect temp.

dreednya

Bwlch Nant-yr-arian, dry and dusty trails and nice and warm 🙂

ononeorange

Still cold and grey down here. Trails are not as muddy as a few weeks ago – still wet though.

Along the canal and disused railway, then up through Whippendell woods and back home for me.

Houns

Kinver, Enville, The Million

Awesome day. Plus I was meant to be in work, got sent home after 10mins this morning but still get paid! Win!

Simon

Been out from home this afternoon, Bingley, Shipley Glen, Baildon, Esholt,and back via Gilstead. Bit tired now.

martinhutch

Swaledale – bit claggy and soft, but great fun.

MarkLG
    Free Member

Just back from nearly 30 miles around Marsden. Trails almost dry, not many people about and fantastic weather 🙂

iainc

1.5 k in the pool while iainc youngest was in his lesson this morn and a balmy 20 miler over the eaglesham moor this afternoon. Curry and beer with downshep of this parish in a few hrs 🙂

Must be nearly time to get the good road bike out…..

mrchrispy

Took the stumpy down to the river for a shake down ride, bounced around for a bit in sale water park and back across the river and home via the park. Not exactly hardcore but needed to check the bike over after a complete rebuild….it had be hanging in the cellar for nearly 3years 😮
    Had to dust it off when I got home!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

South Downs -not muddy 🙂 – heading out for a curry soon – woot !

sambob
    Free Member

15ish miles in the Peaks from Hope over to Ladybower and back via the Beast and Lockerbrook, back via Hagg Farm and Hope Brink. Crashed on Hagg farm and ripped a hole in my knee warmers and my knee though. All made better when I got home and found out I had a Scholarship for Uni 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Work and back …. Birmingham to Coventry and back with a hard days graft in the middle … 38 miles in total 😀

hambl90
    Free Member

Two laps of a dry and dusty cwmcarn with some good friends and the sun was shining to make a perfect day 🙂

ComradeD
    Free Member

MarkLg – How dry is that decent in to Marsden? Is it still boggy in places?

starrman82
    Free Member

45K ride, great trails drying nicely.

brooess
    Free Member

The spare bedroom fettling whilst waiting for my broken finger to mend 🙂

ps44
    Free Member

Quick bimble around the shire as pushed for time. First ride in shorts this year 8)

ajantom

16 mile nightride around Woodbury Common last night.
    Just done 19 miles around Haldon this afternoon.
    Meeting some mates up on Dartmoor tomorrow for a 15/16 mile bimble.
    Good weekend’s riding by my reckoning 😀

tmb467
    Free Member

Likewise round the Chase

Dry dusty and sunny. Very nice indeed

miketually
    Free Member

I have a pile of marking to be doing, but couldn’t let today’s weather pass, so went out for a local spin. Mix of cheeky singletrack, kid-built jumps, council-built 4x and pump tracks, gravel farm tracks and bike tracks. Dappled sunlight and crunchy leaves.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just to town. Mendip delights tomorrow early.

ahwiles
    Free Member

castleton – mam tor – somewhere over the back – etc.

mud, snow, more mud, cow-shit, snow, and deep deep puddles.

cracking day for it though… 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A local loop for me:-

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/163421080/8739621

Although i’m a bit miffed endomomdo missed off the first 6 miles! (although i think it was my stubby fingers that pressed the wrong button)

MarkLG – how was that trail? Was tempted to do that today but was worried the boggy bit in the lower section (before the 2nd stream crossing) was still going to be bad.

MarkLG
    Free Member

MarkLg – How dry is that decent in to Marsden? Is it still boggy in places?

I’ve been over Wessenden Moor to Standedge and upto Castleshaw moor where the picture was taken, then down into Marsden. The trails are nice at the moment – a bit damp, but other than around a few stream crossings coming over Castleshaw Moor there weren’t any boggy bits. I guess the lack of rain and the slow thaw has helped.

forge197
    Free Member

1hr quick lap around The Chase today 🙂 lovely and dry no need to clean anything afterwards

bam74
    Free Member

Glasgow Velodrome, seriously good fun

CheesybeanZ

FoD and its riding superb 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cheers Mark – think i’ll give that one a spin tomorrow! 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

I was riding at Chicksands – perfect conditions.

Tomorrow will be the Chilterns then the FoD Tuesday.

I reckon we need to make the most of the current good conditions.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Found my inner 14 year old and kicked in some well sketchy flat corners up the back of Dundee Law this afternoon. Surprisingly addictive and nice to be riding within 10 minutes of the house.
    Off to reclaim some Strava KOMs at Comrie Croft tomorrow.

shortcut

Surrey Hills for me today.

Disappointed the Audi count was lower than the BMW count in Peaslake – Walking Bottom Carpark.

Bregante

Macc Forest today. Excellent but a bit icy in places. Had a very nearly nasty off on wildboarclough. Not much damage apart from my pride though 🙂

hjghg5
    Free Member

On the road bike around the holme valley and over holme moss.

dawson

A loop of the green route at Sherwood Pines with the kids.

chrispuppet

Sherwood Pines up to Clumber Park and back. Pretty sure there was some dust kicked up and bike came home clean. Peaks tomorrow then……and maybe a curry tonight. wasn’t going to have one til I looked on ST Forum 🙂

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Not much today. Nipped round the local woods with my son and his pal and showed off. Managed to do that without falling off too!

Did my local loop up the Kilpatricks last night though. It was excellent. Dry trails, just starting to frost over as the temp dropped. Beautiful night.

mindmap3
    Free Member

26 miles on the road bike today. Didn’t want to do too much as I’m running the Silverstone half tomorrow.

It was such a nice day, I had to get out for a bit. I’ve also had a week off because of a dodgy knee so felt like I needed a run out.

Was such a cracking day, I wished I was able to get out on the mountain bike. Just hoping the weather holds out as I have a free weekend next weekend.

birky
    Free Member

A road ride up Glen Clova, 65 miles

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Left the house very early, did a lovely couple of hours on the Tripster and headed up behind Croker Hill just after dawn. The water bottle froze but it was glorious when the sun came up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘So where you all been riding today??’ is closed to new replies.