• This topic has 108 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • So where you all been riding today??
  • jock-muttley

Quick 14 miler along the coast from Blyth to Whitley Bay and back, mostly sealed surface but some singletrack.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A rare trip to the north island, to QECP and a wee bit of exploring of the South Downs. Excellent. Well worth a trip if you haven’t been for a while – there’s loads more betterer stuff there now than there was the last time I tried it a couple of years ago. Trail conditions, contrary to certain misleadingly named threads you may have seen on here, were ideal.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I uplifted a load of awesome, really steep Downhill tracks and then Moelfre with the rest of Team MDE Bikes in a brilliant old VW Transporter Pickup. What a van! Even the sun was shining! Top day. Team XC day tomorrow too.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup frightening on the Chase today it was like the first day of Spring. Amazing what a difference a bit of sun and dry conditions makes after months of pratting about in the cold and wet. Double orsum.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Friston singletrack, more of which tomorrow!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

36 mile road ride round the trough of bowland, Lancashire today. Bloody hard work but I’ve only got myself to blame, getting pissed the night before and riding with a thick head is not a good idea 😳 Was hoping to get up to the lakes for some mtb’ing but family duties means it’ll be a flying lap of gisburn first thing in the morning instead.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awzumnez sofa surfing. Crooked back from too many days in the saddle. Shall be back in anger when I can stand up straight. 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

rode to work. rode back. yahoo! Same tomorrow. MUST GET NEW JOB!

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Phillip’s Park. HTN revisited (we gave MTFU Hill a swerve).
    Rode all of the new trails. Love the section that runs alongside the motorway.
    Sun shining, dry trails. Good day

JohnnyPanic

Antur Stiniog yesterday, Penmachno 1&2 today. Awesome weather. 😀

harvey
    Free Member

Castlewellan forest park. new ‘trailcentre’ trails are just nearing completion, 19 km i think ! but today i stayed on the old singletracks,over the back of slievenaslat, the xc race circuit etc. after a winter of rain and wet the natural trails have dried up and are riding brilliantly. last week i spent 2 hours clearing windfall trees and rhododendrons etc from the climb behind the castle to the dark lake, well worth it today !

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Parkwood Springs (Sheffield’s very, very short urban trail). Dry and dusty trails, 4 laps and fun on the berms and jumps. Less fun avoiding the attention of the local scrotes in the carpark … They were “admiring” my bike and car a bit closely :-/

rOcKeTdOg

local NWAlps for me

OMG! dry trails

andyrm
    Free Member

Cwmcarn uplift day with mates I’ve not seen in about 6 years. Tracks running amazingly fast and grippy, sunny and quite warm too! Awesome day 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

that’s a wicked shot RD.. any chance of a download as that’s the first MTB pic I’ve seen that I’d have on my wall..

It would look ace in our new sitting room

shortcut

Great photo Mr Dog.

h4muf
    Free Member

2013-03-02 14.48.36 by h4muf, on Flickr

26 miles around Ashover,white peak.Trails were nearly dry!

thefaller
    Free Member

25 miles in moors valley and Ringwood forest.

Lovely and fast dry trail.

QE Country Park, Hampshire.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Wharncliffe doing skids – plus it was dry!

mindmap3
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider….diest surprise me.

I’ve only been once and really enjoyed it but did wonder how long it would take before the local scum bags realised that there were lots of posh bikes ‘available’. Guess it’ll be badin the summer, which is a shame.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Decent loop round the Surrey Hills.

Just me and one friend, minimal faff and talking stops, just loads of trails & lots of trying to go as fast as possible before the Enduro races start.

The WB car park was rammed & the trails were running great.

Also confirmed my feelings that a Schwalbe Hans Dampf really doesn’t grip even close to a Minion when pushing on.

ask1974
    Free Member

QEP. I was rubbish, hard week had left me in tatters so short ride today. Trails were ok though. Relaxing with a bottle of red for the first time in what seems ages.

banks
    Free Member

Quick bimble around the shire as pushed for time. First ride in shorts this year

Man up 😀

Sunday cut gate ride.

davesmate
    Free Member

Took the little un for her 1st lap of the croft trail woods behind Nationwide, she loved it, I was very proud. Temp tomorrow looks like it’s gonna hit double figures so I’m getting out on the downs to recce a bivvy spot for next month.

carlos
    Free Member

Glad you all enjoyed being out there whilst some of us were working, I’ll be thinking of you on Monday when I’m out on the bike and most of you will be settling in for a day at work.

Banks – Thats a low blow, I bet Cutgate is riding amazing at the moment and of everywhere mentioned I know, thats where I’d rather ride tomorrow. Enjoy 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Me and my partner in crime riding silly things around Hebden and doing a bit of exploring…

Northwind

Racing, rather badly, at innerleithen :mrgreen: Good times! Well, bad times, but good times! Beautiful day, which is obviously why we raced at night.

eugeo81
    Free Member

I had a ride down to kinver via canals from stourbridge and back. Nearly got knocked in by an effing big dog at one point. Nice day out for it today!

colournoise

Fun little spin round the Kitchener with a mate. The new ‘downhill’ sections are actually really rather fun.

posiwev
    Free Member

Cutgate for us today, plenty of snow and clagg – ended up ripping my rear mech off – good ride all the same

pete68
    Free Member

proper wet and muddy in berkshire. A few dry bits but too many like this.

grahamt1980

Woburn again for me.
    Was good yesterday, but even better today. Dry and quick.
    Found a few more new trails again.

baldman
    Free Member

Forest of Dean today, the trails were great 😀

gee
    Free Member

Standard Surrey Hills Sunday mtb epic – 81 miles, 6.5hrs. Dusted off the bike when I got home 🙂 First clean epic of the year 🙂

Was quite busy until about 3pm then the hills just emptied…

GB

vorlich
    Free Member

Blairadam, utterly brilliant it was too. Was getting a bit sick of slogging through a ton of mud, but the recent dry spell made for nice flowy trails.

pete68
    Free Member

You must live in better draining areas than me. Local soil is chalky clay. Even the local rivers are still in flood and will be for a good few months yet.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It was our clubs reliability ride today. 50 miles @20.1 mph average. I know it’s “roadie talk” but I am absolutely shattered. I am smiling though. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Caught up with a mate off here for a road ride, lulled into a false sense of security by his “I haven’t been out much this year” claim!

We ended up riding round the Derbyshire Dales riding up all the hills we haven’t previously tried to ride up. Sadly, two of them I still haven’t managed to ride ALL the way up 😳

And the cheekly blighter rocked up at Matlock Meadows Ice Cream Farm for the tea stop and announced he hadn’t brought any money. 👿

You know who you are!

chives
    Free Member

Just the usual early flick round Haldon, which was a chilly minus 1 at 7.30 this morning! The mud froze on the downtube.. No time for more than 12 miles sadly.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘So where you all been riding today??’ is closed to new replies.