• This topic has 108 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • So where you all been riding today??
  • fergal
    Free Member

Alwinton, Clennel street over to the Usway burn in the cheviots, on the whole pretty darn good conditions, only surprise lots of old snow in the forest above middle hill, pushing for a mile.

The Usway burn singletrack was sublime, great to be on the bike after a big layoff.

rhid

Telegraph valley in the sun with no wind. That very rarely happens! Was fantastic.

cinnamon_girl

Hampshire/Wiltshire border. Only saw one other mtb’er. No dusty trails down here, temperature reached 5 degrees with a rather chilly wind particularly at 700 feet.

cazum
    Free Member

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/calumwardlaw/anp8l1c0ihnpa0e2

1st ride out at north thrid and cambasbarron woods really good enjoyed it apart from snapping my chain 🙁

mostly quite dry on the trails…. one or two boggy bits but the 7 days of no rain and sun help it 🙂

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

The world-renowned “woods behind Nationwide” in Swindon. Good to see so many people there.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Dad and daughter ride, to Bents Garden centre for an ice cream.

13.5 miles total, road and cycle path. She’s 9 on a 24″ wheel mountain bike that weights more than my DH biased Enduro 😯

plop_pants
    Free Member

Road ride from Calais to Cassel and back. All on tiny lanes. But it was a bit weird. Where do all the French go on a Sunday? There was no one.

lord
    Free Member

cutter
    Free Member

I take it this is the wrong place for a newb to ask for tyre advice??

ratadog

Rode up from the Pickering/Scarborough road to Dalby, did a bit of the red route but it was still very greasy and icy in places so I rode round crosscliff and out to the North West edge of the forest before coming back home. Made it down one of the local bridleways aptly called The Cliff for the first time without dabbing. Only been trying for 4 years. Still can’t ride up it though.

edlong
    Free Member

Took my little girl along the canal (Leeds Liverpool) yesterday. No boats out, and we discovered why – there’s a section closed where they’ve been replacing lock gates and it’s all drained.

I don’t think it’s going to plan.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

C-y-B Dragon’s Back and Minor Taur yesterday, Penmachno 1 & 2 today in sunshine, blue skies and dry trails (as dry as Penmachno can be, which is to say not very). Brilliant weekend.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Morning in the Merseyside sand dunes and on the beaches

Larry & Floater by Johnclimber, on Flickr

athgray
    Free Member

Innerleithen XC today. Good fun apart from the diversion on the climb. Had to get off and push.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I worship at the alter of the curly bar on sundays, so a 40 mile road loop through north Bucks. Lovely.

dabble
    Free Member

Marin trail at Betws y Coed yesterday in glorious sunshine, lee quarry today in a mix of sun and cloud. A grand weekends riding.
    Fair jiggered now.

postierich
    Free Member

40 offroad miles around Settle it was ace!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/279976328

dannyh
    Free Member

A quick rat around the local woods and trails. The trails themselves were in marvellous nick. I also felt I rode well and hit some nice lines, so all good on that front.

One prick of a dog walker having a pop about ‘not being on a anyway’. I was interested in how he was going to clean up after his dog seeing as he had one arm in a sling and did not seem to have any bags in his pockets.

Fortunately I was enjoying my pastime without feeling the need to try to spoil someone else’s, so his words had absolutely no effect.

Night ride during the week also on the cards. Lovely.

cheese@4p

An enjoable trip around Ogden Moor with Mrs Cheese@4p then dropped down Mixenden to watch the City Cross in Halifax. Nice day out

Nipper99
    Free Member

Loop around Gower – dry but chuffin cold.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Washington/Worthing/Steyning loop on lovely dry trails, cloudy but warm enough and even a nice bit of sun at the end 😀

tomstickland
    Free Member

Friday night: Croft Trail (woods behind Nationwide in Swindon).
    Saturday: Birdlip, Cranham, Painswick from Stroud. Hard ride.
    Sunday: Epping Forest. Another hard ride…partially dried mud.

TiRed

Road ride with the kids (15mi), followed by a longer scouting ride for the Surrey Rumble (50mi) on March 17th.

richpips
    Free Member

59 miles on the road in good company.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Took a new rider and his ancient (and, it has to be said, rubbish) £150 Appollo for a few laps of the newly built trail at Cardinham in Cornwall – its a great trail, surprisingly fast and flows really well in places for a blue graded trail. Bone dry and really grippy too. Top day out for both of us. Cafe was really busy but they do a stunning selection of delicious home made cakes 😀

ben
    Free Member

100km “mini round the island”:

user-removed
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

One prick of a dog walker having a pop about ‘not being on a anyway’. I was interested in how he was going to clean up after his dog seeing as he had one arm in a sling and did not seem to have any bags in his pockets.

Sorry, but I have to ask, do you have x-ray vision, or perhaps you’re a professional pick-pocket?

christhetall
    Free Member

56 miles on Saturday. Sheffield, Rivelin, LadyBower, Lockerbroke, Fairholmes, Hagg Farm, Shatton, Eyam, Baslow, Blacka then straight to watch films at SHAFF.

Plenty of exciting descents but the climbing was getting tough near the end – 2300 m in total

Pretty dry apart from the top of Lockerbroke and Offerton Moor

Euro
    Free Member

I took a trip to one of our newly almost opened trail centres. For years we had nothing official, now there are half a dozen 😀 . MTB has really exploded over here in Norn Iron. I’ve ridden the Scottish and Irish centres and this is very special. The trails are superb. Tight, twisty, flowy works of all weather art.

Hats off to Architrail, they build mighty trails.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘So where you all been riding today??’ is closed to new replies.