Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 300 total)
  • so there's this girl…
  • alpin
    Free Member

I hear through the grapevine that she is into the outdoors

i’d take that as meaning she likes doing it in the outdoors… give it a go.

Ticklinjock

Where to ride in Inverness?
    TroutWrestler’s right – you might want to take her up the canal. 😉

emsz
    Free Member

The double entendres on this thread are sooooo refreshing

rOcKeTdOg

“hiya, do you ride bikes”

“yea”

“cool, where do you ride”

“ooh, (insert riding area here)”

if bikes aren’t a conversation starter i dunno what is

just soeak to her FFS, she’s (hopefully) human too, life too short not to do this GET.IT.DONE.

brycerw
    Free Member

easier said than done emsz, I too would also give this advice but when it comes to myself it is a very different situation

tazzymtb

another thing to bear in mind is that if you do talk to her and she’s a bit off with you/grumpy, don’t take it to heart it could just be an ovary action

PJM1974
    Free Member

Righty… twenty years of dating has been an experience. I’m no expert on women, but I know what’s worked for me in the past and what hasn’t.

Firstly, don’t try to impress. Just don’t. Be you. Chat to her and ask if she enjoys biking. If she does, ask her if she’d like to join you sometime.

Getting further than that is a can of worms I’m not going into. Just try to get the first goal out of the way before you attempt to level up.

crikey
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences, just ask her out, the worst she can say is no. She’s a person, just like you, not an alien species.

brycerw
    Free Member

tazzymtb what a corker 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

brycerw,

Your thread prompted me to have a look at my organisation to see if there is any fit female species that want to help me pass down my gene … and hers.

🙂

deepreddave
    Free Member

According to the game you just need to dress like a musketeer, do a card trick and try to cop off with her mates. Like Adam Ant crossed with Paul Daniels and John Terry. Putty in your hands thereafter. HTH but remember they bloomin are another species!

emsz
    Free Member

Deep breath, just do it. It’ll be fine, really, it’ll be fine.

(mind you, i’ve never asked anyone out!!)

brycerw
    Free Member

It’s funny how males think females are from another species and females think the same of males, how difficult we all make it for ourselves

emsz
    Free Member

Depends, brycerw

hels
    Free Member

Can I offer a small piece of advice – at least find out if she is single before you plough in there guns blazing…

Figure out who her best friend is at work and ask them if she has a partner. They are bound to tell her, and then she will know you are interested. If she suddenly quits to work on the rigs, there is your answer.

HansRey

this has made me chuckle. Ask if she has a good grip, because you need to tighten your spokes.

Failing that, make good eye contact.

andysbeans
    Free Member

I’ve just read your initial post and skipped to the end. Not my experience but a good friend of mine has been on one or two biking dates. A couple of the guys have gone out of their way to show off/race off in front of her, she won’t be dating them again.

My advice as a woman is firstly don’t focus on this lady being more than she is, she’s just a woman and therefore probably more than open to a normal conversation with you.

Secondly if you get to the riding (?) stage just go at her pace but don’t condescend her by being all blokey and protective.

Its Friday in 2 days, heres hoping to see your post saying you’ve asked her out by then 😛

crikey
    Free Member

It’s funny how males think females are from another species and females think the same of males, how difficult we all make it for ourselves

OH DO GET A JEFFING GRIP YOU GREAT BIG BLOODY BLOUSE. JESUS WEPT, YOUR MUM AND DAD MANAGED IT….

sniff
    Free Member

Go for it I say….

andysbeans
    Free Member

Just read the rest of the suggestions on the thread and my giggling produced an unexpected nose bogey bubble 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Secondly if you get to the riding (?) stage just go at her pace but don’t condescend her by being all blokey and protective.

Surely she’ll need a bloke to help her set up the bike properly, repair any punctures and gallantly ride ahead through the the herds of cows.
    What advice can you give on the big bum in lycra question? The answer clearly is going to be yes, but what do you consider to be the most acceptable and, more importantly, believable “no” response?
    How should one respond if she wants to do anything more difficult than a green run?
    How should one react if she asks to have a look at the map? (It’s not really like she’ll know what to do with it, is it?) Should I simply play along in full confident knowledge of the route, therefore boosting the poor little poppet’s confidence?
    Is there anything that the male rider should take in the first aid kit for…… you know…… for lady problems?
    It’s all a bit complicated being a girlie, isn’t it?
    And, of course, difficult knowing what a bloke should do.
    Any advice gratefully received.

emsz
    Free Member

**** off Don 😆

brycerw
    Free Member

IDEALLY, If i told her friend I liked her,they would blab and then SHE would ask ME out,THEN I would suggest biking…however that’s me clearly just being a massive pusssaaaaay. Can I say that here? 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaw bless you emsz, little ladies shouldn’t really be using language like that, should they? You’ll never get a nice young man to be interested in you like that, will you…? 🙄

emsz
    Free Member

Hopefully not, Don LOL

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If she turns up in Lycra, you could always offer her a Cuchini 😀

Poss NSFW linky.

supertramp
    Free Member

I quite like a lady with a dirty mouth.

philconsequence
    Free Member

get jacked up on mochachinos and vibrate violently near her, i’ve been told ladies like vibrators

brakes
    Free Member

do you know what, in all seriousness, virtually no-one would just go up and ask her out.
    most people, and I don’t think there’s any shame in this, would strike up a bit of friendly banter with someone at work, engineering situations near the coffee machine or the printer and just talk to them, then on a work’s night out maybe get a bit flirty after a couple of drinks… then at some point down the line make a lunge at her down the pub or even casually ask them for a drink after work once a bit of rapport has been established.
    people do this because it works.
    try it.

chewkw
    Free Member

brakes – Member

do you know what, in all seriousness, virtually no-one would just go up and ask her out.

Might be a ladyboy …

Woody
    Free Member

Good advice above but firstly you definitely need to hone your investigative skills as you appear to know next to nothing about her. Try and accidentally bump into her by the coffee machine, hack into her email account, make friends with people she hangs around with at work and casually mention you are sick of women who only want you for your ‘physical attributes’.

I’d also suggest following her after work and find out where she goes and who with. This should lead you to her house and you can surprise her on the doorstep with a lovely bunch of flowers. Girls like that when you show a bit of initiative.

Most importantly, don’t mention bikes.

brycerw
    Free Member

You’re right mate,I don’t know enough about her. I will try find out more without looking like some kind of stalker. I think some of you are underestimating something-when I say im awkward…I mean REALLY!!!! I feel myself getting all flustered when i see her,perhaps I should just accept my girlfriend is my bike! that sounds so wrong…

chewkw
    Free Member

Woody,

Or you might be mistaken for being a stalker … 😆

HermanShake
    Free Member

Cuchini…incredible. I think one of them said “camelflage” by accident!

OP, relax and take an interest in what she talks to you about. Strike up conversation on shared ground and find out what she likes/doesn’t and build on that. The bike thing may work but remember that she just may not relate to it as much as you but still enjoy it to the same degree.

Be yourself, pay attention and try not to show off. Making them laugh is key! But for the right reasons 😉 Ask her if she fancies grabbing a coffee or something in a relaxed 1:1 way and get chatting. Listening is a big deal too.

The balance varies for each person, pay attention and you’ll figure it out.

Oh, and don’t mention how you discussed this with a bunch of strangers who happen to be bike nerds. Not cool. Maybe further down the line as an amusing anecdote but not yet, it’s too fresh.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d also suggest following her after work and find out where she goes and who with. This should lead you to her house and you can surprise her on the doorstep with a lovely bunch of flowers. Girls like that when you show a bit of initiative.

This is good, I think I saw it in a Meg Ryan film too so it has to work.

brycerw
    Free Member

cheers mate,the unfortunate thing is we don’t work closely enough together. Same building yes but different department so we only ocassionally cross paths, so striking up convo is the trickiest part. Lunch breaks are hard too as there are a million and one places she could go at lunch as we work in the city,but i’ll take all your suggestions on board. I just always liked the idea of a biking date rather than a 1 on 1 “lets ask each other a million questions” kind of date,it could turn out fun,who knows,certainly not me at this rate 🙄

Northwind

PJM1974 – Member

Be you

Bloody awful advice. Be George Clooney.

wallop

So, ask her out on a mountain biking date. If she says “yes” – great.

If she says “no” – you don’t want to be dating her anyway, so she’ll be doing you a favour.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

andysbeans – Member

Just read the rest of the suggestions on the thread and my giggling produced an unexpected nose bogey bubble
    I have this nasty feeling that may not endear you to the opposite sex – but then on here, you never know 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘so there's this girl…’ is closed to new replies.