Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 300 total)
  • so there's this girl…
  • brycerw
    Free Member

Hello everyone I’m new here so be kind. I am in need of a little advice tonight…and it’s not just love advice…I promise it does link up to bikes in the end. So there’s a rather lovely female at my work that has grabbed my attention and it’s got to the stage where I cant even speak to her as I’m a little awkward around the fairer sex. Anyway, I hear through the grapevine that she is into the outdoors however I don’t know if she likes mountain biking specifically. My question to you is do I bite the bullet and ask her to come for a ride sometime(careful) or do I ask her if she wants to come see me burning ruber(perhaps she’d think I were just a show off) Have you any experience of this impressing women before? Also at the end of the month I’m planning on heading up north to visit family,any nice routes anyone can recommend? Inverness area and the outskirts. Cheers

chewkw
    Free Member

Just ask her out for a date or bike riding date …

Scrap that as I can’t pull myself but then I would just ask. Probability game you know and if she does not like you then at least you can be embarrassed for a while. Make life more interesting.

Some say my failure may be attributed to my Clarke shoes but I disagree. Bloody fashion police …

donsimon
    Free Member

So there’s a rather lovely female at my work that has grabbed my attention and it’s got to the stage where I cant even speak to her as I’m a little awkward around the fairer sex

You’ll fit right in here then.

Have you any experience of this impressing women before?

Don’t even try…

brakes
    Free Member

don’t bother, women just lead to misery
    buy yourself another bike instead

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Don’t try to impress with daft phrases – just say you’re riding somewhere and does she want to come along.

martymac

casually drop into the conversation that you do a bit of mountain biking.
    if she likes you she will take it on board.
    if she likes biking/you, she will probably say ooh, where do you go/ what bike you got or something.
    if youve hit the jackpot she might ask if a bike is the only thing you ride.

project
    Free Member

borrow a tandem,just incase she hasnt got a bike,

Houns

Ask her out for a Rohyppuccino

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What follows may shock you to the core: Women are social creatures, they dont bite, and love to talk about things. Speak to her, she’ll probably think your awkwardness is cute.

brakes
    Free Member

ahhahahahahhahahahahahah
    good one SBZ

Junkyard
    Free Member

best troll ever SBZ 😉

iolo
    Free Member

Just bloody ask her out

chewkw
    Free Member

SBZ,

LOL! I need to try that.

Think I need to talk to them about shoes …

😆

supertramp
    Free Member

why not just ask her what type of outdoor pursuits she is into and let her talk about herself – though if you follow my advice you may find it quicker to dump yourself by text message to save her the bother.

tazzymtb

she’ll probably think your awkwardness is cute scream spray mace in your eyes and accuse you of touching kittens in inappropriate places

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

If you can manage to speak to her; come across as genuine and invite her out on a ride then I’m sure that will be a good start. (remember to be nice to her – that impresses us as well)

Houns

Ask her if she’s in to watersports then wink at her seductively

project
    Free Member

The thing is women like to talk, and when they meet another of the species, thats all they do,and youll be sidelined.

Also the things they want to talk about have absolutely no relevance to man talk, so just learn to say , yes, ok, another drink, every so often and youll be ok.

brycerw
    Free Member

some of these suggestions gave me a chuckle. I don’t have a problem speaking once I get started, and could blab about bikes for hours however it’s the initial conversation that is hard. “Hi, so….I like spandex” hmmm. Glad to see i’m not the only awkward one here then

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Inverness? No specific experience, but why not aim for a spin along the Caledonian Canal or River Ness, and throw in a stop a pub on the way. Nothing too strenuous, and being able to chat whilst riding along may be a bonus.

Houns

Ask her if your handkerchief smells like chloroform

Cletus

ou may find it quicker to dump yourself by text message to save her the bother

Lol 😀

project
    Free Member

Bag of donuts and tell her youre a 4 donut man.

(Nicked off another thread).

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is there a pub nearby? Suggest going for a drink after work, talk about bikes if you must. If she rolls here eyes, shut up about bikes and start talking about sex. Simples.

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 as long as you’re wearing a chest-wig or carrying a pimp cane i think you’ll be ok… outdoorsy women love that kinda thing.

(i’d go with something along the lines of ‘fancy seeing how massive my skids arehmmm fancy checking out my ride? i roll on twentysixes yoisnt our boss an idiot, i’d love to ride my gnarly dandyhorse right up his stinky bottom, wanna join me sugarboobies?’

chewkw
    Free Member

Houns – Member

Ask her if your handkerchief smells like chloroform

LOL! I just sprayed a mouth full of coffee via my nostril onto my monitor.

mrchrispy

just tell her you are a really sensitive type and you are struggling with asking her how you would go about smashing her back door in!

Kato

brakes – Member

don’t bother, women just lead to misery
    buy yourself another bike instead

THAT’S where I’ve been going wrong!

brycerw
    Free Member

chewkw me too, although mine was tea. Some very good suggestions(most were just ridiculous haha) but do I literally just go right up to her n ask her if she would like to join me sometime? she might think it’s the most random thing she’s ever heard. Also any ideas on the Inverness area folks?

emsz
    Free Member

bloody hell boys… 🙄 😀

Just ask her for goodness sake, she’s a girl, she’s not going to bite, be nice, smile, be yourself. You never know, she might be nervously waiting to build up the courage to ask you.

chewkw
    Free Member

Buy a new bike then ask her to test out your new ride then …

Who says you can’t have a new bike and a new bird eh? Just make sure its a gear hub of the expensive type.

philconsequence
    Free Member

she’s a girl, she’s not going to bite

the best ones do bite.

donsimon
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^ Pervert ^^^^^^

project
    Free Member

This lady is available on http://www.mtbdating.con

“I am a fully qualified Pilates and Spin Instructor, living in Luton. I live with my adorable son in our recently purchased council flat, 2 bedroom that is. It’s a complete dump but we’re not planning on staying here for more than 5 years. That’s the length of time that we have to keep it until we can coin in. Might even sublet it at some point. I don’t see the point in decorating it or cleaning it for that matter. I am very attractive with make up on and have a trim body due to my job where I teach all of 3 classes a week, feels more like 20 a week sometimes the way I go on about it. I have been described as a bit mad like to switch my moods. I probably take after my mother in a lot of her ways, not sure about my father will have to ask him if he’s still around as he certainly wasn’t when I was younger. I’ve always wanted to be a different demographic due to no strong family values or roots so I seek to inject culture and ethnicity into my life through potential partners. Yes there have been an awful lot but I’m not one to settle for less than I deserve. I’m high calibre as you can see from my background. Don’t let my son put you off he was from a one night encounter and his father has never really been on the scene. I’m also having therapy to get over my issues as they used to put every man off that I slept with. I also have lots of pretty friends as I think it’s good to surround yourself with those you aspire to. I’ve never been loved by a man so maybe you could be the one to show me what it feels like. than I deserve. iI love mountainbikers,and the shy type.”

emsz
    Free Member

Phil!!

Shut Up, you’ll scare the poor boy LOL!

markenduro
    Free Member

If you ask her directly she will either say yes, in which case you are in, or no, in which case you know and can cross her off the list and move onto the next potential victim.

Houns

Look, the worst thing she can say to you isn’t no….It’s “I’m pregnant and it’s yours”

tazzymtb

she might be nervously waiting to build up the courage to ask you.

doubtful this is singletrack, most of the blokes look like this

maybe she likes ice cream and pirates

brycerw
    Free Member

I also heard through said grapevine that she thought I was “nice”,this was ages ago however. I don’t even know if she’s still single or what, I am even annoying myself now at how pathetic I am. I don’t think she’d say no to the bike ride as she seems cool. I just need to find my balls which are hiding somewhere,perhaps I left them up Ben Lomond……

emsz
    Free Member

*Slaps brycerw*

Just Ask Her!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘so there's this girl…’ is closed to new replies.