Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • So there IS a topic that can’t be discussed on here
  • ernielynch

Such a great thread for lots and lots of reasons.

Jeezus reading through some of that was nostalgic. Yes MrNutt is sorely missed, made me laugh so often, as too konabunny. And sadly jahwomble, who had such a brilliant if troubled mind.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

A quick look on the net’n’yahoo will give you the answer…

Much respect for that.

abingham

Punning skills only honed after years of practice embarrassing my children on a near daily basis.

hugo
    Free Member

It’s because there’s a government out there whose actions you’re not allowed to criticise or you’ll be labeled antisemitic.

Killing children is “self defence” and you’re not allowed to say otherwise or YOU are the problem.

Don’t worry though, the UK provides the weapons, at a profit, to kill the kids. Win win.

abingham

It’s because there’s a government out there whose actions you’re not allowed to criticise or you’ll be labeled antisemitic.

Killing children is “self defence” and you’re not allowed to say otherwise or YOU are the problem.

Don’t worry though, the UK provides the weapons, at a profit, to kill the kids. Win win.

And THAT, kids, is why threads get closed. Jesus…

BillMC

Good threads have a variety of opinions. Closing down Hugo would impoverish the discussion and leave opposing ideas unchallenged.

tomhoward

Good threads have a variety of opinions.

What if those opinions, where the poster believes them to be honest and objective, are then labelled as racist, regardless of which side they come from. No opinions will be changed, lots of insults will be thrown around, and inevitably someone(s) will go too far and get a ban. No winners.

If you genuinely want to find out more on the subject, a bike forum really shouldn’t be your starting point.

BillMC

Yep, throwing insults and labelling are where it all breaks down. Incidentally, I find this site enormously informative and caps off to all those pointy headed contributors to the Covid thread.

dyna-ti

The whole term of Freedom of speech is usually usurped for some nasty individuals who want to insult other individuals and think thats what freedom of speech is, when actually it is to be able to criticize authoritarian regimes.

If anything, if a definition was on show it is evident by Hugo’s post.

Yours on the other hand seeks to oppress this freedom 😕

richmtb

You’ve got to admit that conflating a regime / government with a race / religion and then attacking anyone who criticises the former as being racist to the latter is a really neat trick

scotroutes

You’ve got to admit that conflating a regime / government with a race / religion and then attacking anyone who criticises the former as being racist to the latter is a really neat trick

You’ve read the Indyref threads then?

richmtb

You’ve read the Indyref threads then?

Obviously, what else could I be talking about

paul0
    Free Member

Yes. It seems pretty difficult to be critical of actions of the government of Israel without getting into hot water. I guess it’s because the two aspects are so inter-twinned.

jkomo

I’m really upset now, I had a fake coffee machine thread joke and then shit went and got real.
    I do have some very strong opinions on the subject but will choose not to air them for fear of being labelled anti-whatever, as opposed to anti death.

ernielynch

You say that as if Hugo’s comment concerning the killing of Palestinian children by the IDF is some sort of baseless lie.

It is in fact an extremely well documented truth.

It is also a tragic situation which the United Nations feels should be urgently addressed.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/12/1080402

“Children enjoy special protected rights under international law … each of these killings raises deep concerns about Israel’s adherence to its solemn human rights and humanitarian law obligations as the occupying power,” they said.

5plusn8
    Free Member

It’s a simple fact that politics and sympathy for the “legal settlers” seems to somehow trump the rights of a group of people who are being systematically cleansed from region.
    I cannot see how this has become an argument, the Israel govt and military and much of the media have decided that the inhabitants of Gaza are not actual human beings.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘So there IS a topic that can’t be discussed on here’ is closed to new replies.