Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • So there IS a topic that can’t be discussed on here
  • Twodogs

Interesting..not sure why it would be any more contentious than some other stuff

kayak23

Was it a what tyre thread?

citizenlee
    Free Member

It affects the bottom line.

ElShalimo

I find using saddle avoids that

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Unfortunately the said topic turns into an almost anti Semitic hate thread, even though this will be venomously denied,to some this is how it appears.

leffeboy

It’s a pity as there are some informed viewpoints on here that are worth listening to.  In the end it was always going to end up locked though but I do miss the first few pages of real info

Kryton57

I maintain he should have bought the Merc.

Twodogs

Good to know…should be added to the forum rules

vinnyeh

yes, though I thought the OP didn’t cover himself with glory with his opener.

Anyways, the definitive thread on the subject lies here.

OwenP

Sub 3 second 0-60 family car recommendation to get me to the trail centre over a national border during a lockdown before anyone on an acoustic bike can get there, so they don’t slow me down on my Strava KOM attempt on the family blue trail? Knew I shouldn’t have asked (:

tomhoward

I will never accept a casserole with a pastry hat as a pie.

airvent
    Free Member

There’s a fair few topics you can’t discuss on here, not wanting a vaccination or being anti lockdown are tantamount to being a racist or pedophile

abingham

Thread closed or not, I still want to know why a gravel bike isn’t just a 90’s mountain bike with drop bars…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey! Not a ‘What ad blockers?” thread?

kelvin

I still want to know why a gravel bike isn’t just a 90’s mountain bike with drop bars…

Because it’s a 1980s touring bike, but with proper tyre clearance and gears that mean you don’t have to get off and push? Oh, and proper brakes. Ok, nothing like a 1980s touring bike then.

thepurist

No, you can ask about it. But to save the bandwidth they normally come with a crown race.

seosamh77
    Free Member

unfitgeezer
    Free Member
    Unfortunately the said topic turns into an almost anti Semitic hate thread, even though this will be venomously denied,to some this is how it appears.

😆 Doesn’t really help if you jump straight in on the propaganda offensive…

nickc

I’d imagine it’s not so much a “you can’t talk about X”, it’s probably more a case of the Mods are part-timers, and don’t want to have to monitor a thread Tonight because they all have things they need to do. So the easiest way to deal with it, is just shut it down, until it can be moderated properly.

Probably. (I’m just guessing though)

dirtyboy

Am Not A Lawyer

doomanic

I have no idea what thread it was but I’m now suffering from the worst case of FOMO ever!

wait4me

It’s a shame cos the thread may well have found a resolution to the Middle East conflict.

abingham

I have no idea what thread it was but I’m now suffering from the worst case of FOMO ever!

A quick look on the net’n’yahoo will give you the answer…

ElShalimo

The blame always lies with Louise (ex Judean People’s Front)

Twodogs

I’d imagine it’s not so much a “you can’t talk about X”, it’s probably more a case of the Mods are part-timers, and don’t want to have to monitor a thread Tonight because they all have things they need to do. So the easiest way to deal with it, is just shut it down, until it can be moderated properly.

Which is fair enough

footflaps

Plus that thread was never going to end well, it was just a matter of how many minutes till it collapsed into everyone calling everyone else Hitler etc. Been done soo many times, very little new to add to it.

Cougar

Can’t get the staff these days.

That deserved more love than it got. 👏

CountZero

Oh, that’s good, that’s very good! 👏🏻🎩

Twodogs

😂

Twodogs

Plus that thread was never going to end well, it was just a matter of how many minutes till it collapsed into everyone calling everyone else Hitler etc. Been done soo many times, very little new to add to it.

Tbf isn’t that the lifecycle of almost every thread on here..just some take longer than others

Joe

Having spent the last war in Gaza in 2014, and having lived in Jerusalem for several years, I can’t help but agree with the moderators.

johnx2
    Free Member

soundninjauk

Well at least I know what it was about now.

doomanic

Me too.

RustySpanner

kelvin

I still want to know why a gravel bike isn’t just a 90’s mountain bike with drop bars…

Because it’s a 1980s touring bike, but with proper tyre clearance and gears that mean you don’t have to get off and push? Oh, and proper brakes.

Fixed it…..🙃

sirromj

My “Why retain the unicorn?” parody thread can’t be discussed because it only exists at the end of the rainbow.

oldtennisshoes

Mr Nutt – gone but not forgotten. Such a great thread for lots and lots of reasons.

My bloody allotment is being taken over!

leffeboy

Ah, that is so beautiful.  A quality piece of work

Twodogs

That is a cracking thread…reminds me of a thread on another forum I used to inhabit many years ago, where someone asked which swimmer people preferred…Mark Spitz or Jody Swallow 😁

ElShalimo

I blame 40yrs of neoliberalism

bob_summers

Sublime in its beauty. Only way it could’ve been improved is if someone had dropped the Net’n’Yahoo quip in there unnoticed!

Btw I’m having “venomously denied” 😂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘So there IS a topic that can’t be discussed on here’ is closed to new replies.