• This topic has 206 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by csb.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • So then… Top Gear
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I’d rather watch Love Island.

That’s not true though is it really.

danposs86

It was also used for the jump at the start of Goldeneye.

Wrong dam.

regenesis
    Free Member

Worth watching the Insta/YouTube extra bit about how they did the bungee.
    Del the stunt coordinator is “Top Gear stunt man” and the guy you see thrown off the Opera House in Quantum of Solace.

tthew

It was also used for the jump at the start of Goldeneye.

Wrong, damn.

Fixed that for you.

cocomo
    Free Member

There is a line of climbing wall holds all the way up that dam. They were visible in some shots.

The Bouldering Bobat did a decent video about the climb last year

johndoh
    Free Member

I enjoyed that a lot. My tummy hurts from the laughing.

zippykona

Mrs Zip never properly curses. She used the f word when Freddie was waiting to be dropped.

Really enjoyed that episode. Best one for years.

plus-one

Excellent proper lol’d at driving range shenanigans 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

No Star in a Reasonably Priced Car either. Took a few days to realise that it had gone.

richmtb

Got round to watching it last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The only weak bits are the studio stuff. They just don’t look very comfortable doing them especially Fred. But there’s not much of that. The rest was great. Car bungee and T-Rex golf being the highlights

singletrackmind

Surely the driving range would have worked better if you had to avoid being hit by golf balls , not catch them?
    I proper laughed alot , the suit of armour when Fredie lobs a golf ball and it twanged off was very funny. The Dino costume, when one went into its mouth I watched 3 times as it was class.
    That Bungee .. Jeepers, I know its probably a 40Tonne crane . I know they probably used 8 x 4tonne Bungee strops . I bet there was a trailer chassis uderneath the Metronome for strength , but even so I would be worried about the going back up and swinging into the dam wall going uphill.

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely the driving range would have worked better if you had to avoid being hit by golf balls , not catch them?

Well no, because then there wouldn’t be the fun of watching them being constantly bombarded by golf balls.

Harry_the_Spider

I think they have stumbled on a whole new program concept here.

Get a load of your do-anything-to-be-on-TV types and have them run about on a driving range for 10 minutes wearing fancy dress whilst people drive golf balls at them.

“…And tonight Gemma Collins faces the gauntlet dressed as a Sumo Wrestler! Go Gemma!”

THWAK-THWAK-THWAK…ARGHHH!

“Oooh, that looks like a nasty eye injury. Remember for every second she stayed conscious we donated £1 to charity, so that’s £38 to Hastings Donkey Sanctuary. Next week Katie Hopkins catches javelins dressed as Hitler to raise money for the Severn Valley Railway.”

Bruno Tonioli and Basil Brush can host it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Next week Katie Hopkins catches javelins dressed as Hitler to raise money for the Severn Valley Railway.

LOLs!!!

hardtailonly

Episode 2 then?

Enjoyed that too.

hot_fiat

yeah, they’ve got me. It’s properly good. Even the modified sooty van was good.

Drac

Another cracking episode I may even have enjoyed more than last week, need to watch it on the TV as I had it as mostly background noise whilst doing some paperwork.

reluctantjumper

The new dynamic is definitely going somewhere good. Having Freddy bail and go with the Special Forces guys really added to the dynamic of the race.

These 3 are definitely finding their feet as a trio and forging their own path while still paying homage to Top Gear past. Good to see the modified vehicle has been done properly and not just set up to be trashed too! One of those for £7k would be a riot, room for a few LLS bikes in the back too.

kerley
    Free Member

As someone who had written if off but still watches it because it has cars in sometimes it is actually getting better to watch and agree they are visibly working well together.

johndoh
    Free Member

That new McLaren though. Yak – not at all an attractive car IMO.

precutduck
    Free Member

I think the three of them are a good combination, definitely settling in to their roles. The friendship seems less forced now.

Only two episodes in, so very soon, but so far I’d say its the best season for quite some time. I’d rate it over the grand tour as well.

100inch
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, but…

“Harris managed to dry hump the Dirty Rascal free” Yeah like f… did he. That was proper bogged. If they got that out on their own they would have shown it. Blatantly towed out by one of the crew cars.

F35 was impressive

johndoh
    Free Member

And I want one of those Suzukis – I have loved them since they first came out.

tthew

I liked the Dirty Rascal! I do wonder if it was something they found and bought ready made, (apart from all the crap in the back) and found an excuse to shoe-horn it into a feature.

And I want one of those Suzukis – I have loved them since they first came out.

You’ll have to be fast. Apparently due to the new EU regs regarding fleet average carbon emissions new ones are going to disappear in Europe sometime this year. Their CO2 emissions are high enough that they push Suzuki’s levels well into the fines bands so they will just stop selling them.

andy8442
    Free Member

Fast car against a fast jet, seen that before. Paddy is just playing the part of a northern nob a bit too much, but I laughed, a lot, sooooooo……

Drac

Fast car against a fast jet, seen that before.

Yes funny thing they actually mentioned that.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m enjoying this series at lot.

But when it comes to Car based TV it’s going to play second fiddle to the ‘new’ series of Car SOS starting tonight on More4.

chrismac

I enjoyed most of it. The race at the end was entirely predictable and it can’t be watched live as I have to skip the pointless guest slot.

halifaxpete

Loved the Speedtail vs F35. Dirty Rascal was ace aswell, Fourtrack chassis?

Another good episode.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Another good episode..
    That speedtail has the sexiest rear end I’ve seen since meeting the missus 20 odd years ago..
    https://images.app.goo.gl/jPK3rF1VgRedcr3s5
    ..and no I wont be posting a comparison pic..😁

MoreCashThanDash

Amazing Peru road trip. Really back to form this series (assuming you like the form)

mrb123
    Free Member

Going from strength to strength it has to be said.

Drac

Yup another cracking episode.

CountZero

Chris crying with laughter after paddy ripped the back end out of the Firebird set me off as well. Flintoff basically had the win when he pitched up with the VeeDub.
    I think the format is much better now, and the team are more settled in.
    Hammond said somewhere that it took their team several years to really gel.

halifaxpete

That Taycan is the first EV I properly desire, awesome thing!

Also no celeb bollocks and a power lap 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Hilarious. Paddy’s face was a picture. Never laughed so much.

fooman

The wheels came off in that episode eh?

“more Tropicana than Americana”

it was much enjoyed in the foo household.

daern
    Free Member

This series has been superb and hardly missed a beat. There’s obvious camaraderie between them and it’s coming out really well in the films. I’ll admit that I had to stop ironing (Sunday night, innit) when the wheels came off Paddy’s wagon as I was laughing too hard. Then Harris intentionally braking and making Paddy’s head hit the windscreen set me off giggling again.

Just what I always wanted – two decent car shows to enjoy. Being honest, C,H & M might need to raise their game a bit here as the younger guys are showing them how it should be done a bit at the moment. I read somewhere that May was thinking of chucking it in as he’s getting too old to be chucked around the world in knackered cars. It’ll be sad when it happens, but I’m at least confident now that there will be a decent alternative when it does.

Drac

It’s now moving to BBC 1 for the next series as it’s done so well.

grahamt1980

The end of the firebird had me in tears.
    was a great episode.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘So then… Top Gear’ is closed to new replies.