Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • So, going anywhere nice on (biking) holiday this year?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Why should you only tell your hairdresser about it?

I’m off to Scotland for a week next month, then hoping to schedule a trip to the Alps in the summer – although it’s proving more difficult than I imagined.

Perhaps Italy in the Autumn – or more likely next spring.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana in october plus a few long weekends in wales/scotland.

IHN

Similarly, Scotland next month for the Bealach Beag *whimper* and Mr Gingerflash is organising a trip to Italy for September.

There’ll doubtless be a couple of weekends away over the summer too.

Tracey

Verbier for 2 weeks in August, Valdisere on 4th April snowboarding, just had a email saying our chalet is not available so we have been upgraded

Tracey

thomthumb
    Free Member

so far:

weekend to exmoor
    week in scotland – timed so we can watch the world cup
    week in exmoor (less of a cycling holiday but will definatley take a bike)

also planning something around easter, maybe some bikepacking.

and hoping to get to morrocco around new year maybe next spring.

mikey74
    Free Member

Three weeks in Canada in July, two of which are in Whistler…yaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

DezB
    Free Member

Alps crossing. From Germany to Lake Garda.
    3 of us from work and getting stupidly excited about it already. Its not until August.

uplink
    Free Member

3 weeks in May – Fruta, Moab etc

barca
    Free Member

4 days booked for the Sarn Helen, 2 days booked to do some riding on the isle of Man including end to end and two days booked for some riding down south including the SDW. I have 5 days over Easter free but it depends if my new bike arrives in time. If it does, Scotlands for me (7 Stanes), if not…..dunno. Still be in the UK though. I’m on all ports alert. I’ll be crucified if I try to leave the country.

ton

pyrenees in may for the week…..on a road bike 😯

bernard
    Free Member

No…oh hum

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Yep 8 days riding in the Sierra Nevadas, Spain. Leaving on Sat – yay!

(Sorry Bernard)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Won a eurocamp holiday to any of their sites in Europe, so I gotta flick through the mag and pick a location next/near/on some big ass mountains.

Hope they’ve got some near Sierra Nevada, yey!!

Also planning a weekender in Mid/South Wales and maybe going all XC jhey boy and doing the C2C aswell

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Off to France for a weeks moonting in La Creuse then a week with my road bike around Mt Ventoux in Provence. If the roads are mingin’ I’ll try the trails too.

Then in Sept off to do this http://www.cycleoregon.com/week-ride/ and then going moonting in Bend OR and Marin CA.

However there is still a lot of scope for riding in Scotland too. I was up Mt Keen on Sunday, one of the best rides ever. Blowing a gale but dry with spectacular views.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Itleeeeeeeeeee here we come. September.

Shame the company there will be a bit cr@p 😉

also some weekends and stuff.

Whistler July

mikey74
    Free Member

cove-transition-genesis – Member
    Whistler July

Not going with T2R by any chance are you?

stumpy01

Wahoo…….Ciclo Montana in May. Rock on!!

Gonna try and get a Wales weekender in before that, then we’ve already entered the 24/12, which is a bit of weekend fun and then I am sure there will be a trip up to Scotland at some point.

weeble
    Free Member

I seem to be doing loads this year.

Already done a week in Wales. Off to France to watch Paris – Roubaix ans a few days riding. Got a week in Scotland booked after Mayhem. Then two weeks riding up and around MT Ventoux in July. Two weeks riding in the Alpes Maritime in September and possibly a weeks riding in Spain!

domino

Three weeks in Canada for me too in August/September. Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver, riding here and there on the way. 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

Valdisere on 4th April snowboarding, just had a email saying our chalet is not available so we have been upgraded

Tracey

got any spare space? 🙂

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

20 of us(16 riders, 4 support) doing Coast to Coast Scotland 20 – 24 May.

Stonehaven to Braemar via Mt Keen
    Braemar to Kingussie via Cairn Gorm
    Kingussie to Fort Augustus via Corieyairack pass
    Fort Augustus to Cannich
    Cannich to Dornie/Kyle of Lochalsh.

Looking forward to it very much.

🙂

flatback
    Free Member

got a week booked in june in the french ardennes at a vtt centre with 20 trails to ride with the wife,cant wait

ourmaninthenorth

Weekend after next in Belgium with the road bike to ride the Tour of Flanders sportive, and watch the pros do it properly the next day.

Week in Italy in May (Lake Como) with the road bike. Just booked the flights today!

Étape – Mont Ventoux this year – in July (road bike again – detect a theme?)

Hopefully a trip to Scotchland with the MTB some time in the summer. Fingers crossed I can see something at the top of Mt Keen, rather than the whiteout of last time.

will
    Free Member

All dempends on my job internview tomorrow, if i get the job, not that many weeks, just weekends.

If i don’t then i have a lot planned:
    – 4 days over easter to Wales somewhere, prob Llandegla/CYB
    – My mate has moved over to France for teh summer, so i would go over there for 2 weeks play in the alps
    – Looking at 3 weeks biking in Canada
    – Lots of weekends away

Hope i don’t get the job 😉

nickegg
    Free Member

Zermatt, Switzerland for 2 week honeymoon in early May 😀

and at least 1 week on the bikes in the late summer/early autumn. Not sure where though?? Les Arc perhaps.

Tracey

Looks like plenty of space but I wouldnt like to think I had to pay the upgrade prices

grumm
    Free Member

Alpe d’Huez for a week including the Megavalanche in July – woo!!

In Chamonix enjoying lots of lovely fresh powder at the moment. 😛

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Himalayas – 3 weeks in July, Lhasa to Kathmandu … always wanted to do this trip and finally I have the time and £’s to do it, don’t know if my fitness is as good as it was 10-15 years ago though, but hey you gotta do these things while you can, right!? 😀

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

3 days in the lakes in a couple of weeks, week or two at bikevillage in sept all being well… probably the odd weekend/3 day trip here and there too. but off for an internship in tajikistan for 9 weeks of the summer, so will be missing out quite a bit of summer riding… 😕

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Off to the French Alps with The White Room in August, will make a weekend of SSUK09 (really looking forward to that, last year’s was great) and would like to have a long weekend/week re-visiting the 7 stanes/Glentress and maybe even Fort Bill.

Just need to book the good weather now 😉

Gooner
    Free Member

went to costa rica last month for 8 days biking with wade simmonds
    3 nights in peebles in april to ride glentress and inners
    week in chamonix in june

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Daughter works for eurocamp , so the familys off to see her in july … lake garda in italy …..Fornella to be exact ….. not sure which bikes to take ??? MTB or road bikes ??? ….
    getting very excited now !

BillyBull
    Free Member

Hopefully Crete in May for weeks riding before wild boar 24. Then possibly Wales for a week. Then abroad again later in the year if I get some money.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Strange how far people will go to ride, when Wales and Scotland are so close.

druidh
    Free Member

NW Scotland for a week of touring at the end of May. Bikes (and kayaks) will be coming on the family holiday (Scotland again) in July. Lots of other stuff too, but as I’m retired, do they still count as holidays?

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

Entered in Transalp, so planning to meet family in Italy – if i get there of course!

chakaping
    Free Member

Strange how far people will go to ride, when Wales and Scotland are so close.

True, but sunny skies and chairlifts are hardly in abundance in the UK.

mikey74

returning to bearback

Guilliano
    Free Member

Work in a bike shop so can’t afford to go anywhere abroad….. but off to Dorset for the first May bank holiday and then hopefully to Afan for the rest of that week, although if the weather is good I may just take a Topeak tent and ride the whole Ridgeway both ways over a few days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘So, going anywhere nice on (biking) holiday this year?’ is closed to new replies.