Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • SNOWING IN LONDON! BLIZZARD CONDITIONS!
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Quick! Get your tins in, and make sure your emergency power generators are working, because if so much as one flake hits the rails at any of the mainline train stations, the whole of Britain will grind to a halt. I suspect a State of Emergency has probably already been declared.

I’m just wondering how on Earth I’m going to survive. I’ve already been eyeing up one or two of my fatter neighbours, in preparation for any food shortage. Got be filleting and boning knives sharpened up.

Will internets work if there’s snow?

I’m frightened…. 🙁

juan
    Free Member

get a grip it’s just snow…

Those town boy pah

RudeBoy
    Free Member

‘Just’ snow??? Have you any idea of the consequences of this stuff settling? There will be anarchy and chaos! The bus just went past the stop outside. There was no-one waiting, but that’s beside the point; it’s supposed to stop! The signs of panic are already there.

I reckon avalanche conditions will be forecast by tea-time.

I’m not going out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It appears to have stopped.

Oh.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you were lucky, it could have been “the wrong kind of snow” then you’d have been utterly ****

CHB

Don’t worry rudeboy, its not snow. It’s radioactive fallout from Sellafield. Those lazy power workers went on strike and let the place melt.
    😉

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Well fack me …….. it’s settling in Sarf Landen now.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Colder down there, innit? Closer to Antarctica.

I’m quite relieved actually. I need to go to Hackney tonight, and that would be a nightmare, if there was snow as well as armed psychos to deal with.

I say ‘blizzard’. Well, it was more of an exercise in gentle Brownian motion, to be honest.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

What I’ve just witness was definitely a ‘blizzard’. It’s stopped now though, and it now looks as if the sun might come out 😕

Reminds of what Bob Hope once said about how England could have 4 seasons in one day 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

CHB- nah, all that fallout is deflected by the London Hot Air Shield, and falls on Birmingham.

GG- sun’s out here. Cold as a bastard, though, and windy.

I’ve put a block down the bog, to dissolve some of the limescale. Dunnalf build up quick round here. Might have to get the Council to sort out some water filter thingies.

Fagus
    Free Member

Apparently the BBC have agreed to run a Disasters Appeal for the downtrodden and dispossessed in White City. It is rumored that some of them might not survive until Wednesday.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why, has the supply of MoccaChoccaLattes been affected?

Oh, those poor people… 🙁

Fagus
    Free Member

Dare we mention calling out the Mountain Rescue in such extreme conditions as are being seen in the capital of the world?

dobo
    Free Member

seems to be a few conflicts in the weather reporting at the moment
    according to the bbc the forcast for the next few hours in Southampton area is SUNSHINE.
    According to metcheck the weather is SNOW
    dont know who to believe but its just cold windy and grey at the moment

Spongebob
    Free Member

Please let us have a good dump of snow for a change. Eight inches or so to kick off with, then a top up every few days for a couple of weeks. “Why?” I hear you ask? So all the people who have no experience of going about their daily routine in these condidtions can get used to it. Learn how to drive in snow for starters.

I anticipate BBC news whining on endlessly about the so called chaos to the exclusion of all else and hearing about all the schools that have closed becaus e there are two inches of slush at the kerbside.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It’s a cunning plan, to cover up all the stories of Northerners moaning endlessly, about how ‘grim’ it is oop North (Smile a bit more, then it won’t be so grim, you miserable feckers!).

CHB

It’s not officially extreme weather till the girls clubbing in Wakefield wear more than a strappy top with their white high heals. By which time London will have become a frozen wasteland.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! I’ve seen that in Stoke, so I know it’s not just a Northern Myth. And apparently, if its really cold, they put pants on, too… 😯

Spongebob
    Free Member

Brings back a nasty memory I have of a really fat bird walking through central Chelmsoford in a mini skirt and with no knickers on. Eww!!

The northerner effect is moving south!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

STARTED AGAIN!!!!!!

Blimey, that’s a proper flurry, this time!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Christ, it’s gone dark, and people are running for cover!

HEEEEEEELLLLLPPLPPPPP!!!!!

PANIC!!!!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Becton Alp dry ski slope 5 minutes ago! (just off the A13)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Panic over!

Sun’s out again, now.

Is that the world-famous Beckton Alps?? On a ‘good weather day’…

Sandwich

Don’t go out you’d be thoughtless and selfish 😀 Romney Marsh mountain rescue are on high alert!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m going to the cinema later (Slumdog thing; any good?), but I shall be traveling by Tube, as battling the icy conditions by bike would be suicidal. I shall of course be wearing suitably warm clothing, and be avoiding any high-risk-of-death situations (not going anywhere near Cheatski fans, inconsolable after their defeat to Liverpool).

I have contingency plans in place, should anything untoward arise… 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey, another white-out!

This is getting silly, now…

colnagokid

Take care RudeBoy, you could always shelter in the tube “the spirit of the Blitz” an’ all that if gets too bad!
    Up here in the NE, its a lovely 2degrees,only a few flakes of snow, I think I’ll have a BBQ!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I’m going to the cinema later

Have you opened your front door and checked recently ?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Rudeboy,
    Don’t forget your shovel, torch, whistle, 4 season sleeping bag and kendal mint cake!

It’s perilous out there!

Good luck old fellow!

Spongebob
    Free Member

“I am just stepping outside, I might be gone for a little while”

juan
    Free Member

For christ all mighty sake can someone tell rude boy to man up…

It’s just snow… Just snow it’s not going to bite you. I love snow, it keeps all the morons inside you should be happy about that
    X

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not going cinema now. Plans have changed, because Little Eva has to be taken home, as Desmond can’t be found, apparently… 🙄

Mind, I still need to get to Stoke Newington, and without a direct transport link, the bike is seeming the only option, unless I want to be standing around in the freezing cold for ages.

Don’t think I’ve got any snow tyres. Will mud ones do?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I tell you, it’s like that in GGs pic, and I live on the SECOND FLOOR!!!!!

Well, ok, I exaggerate just a little, maybe…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

the bike is seeming the only option

You’re going to need one of these :

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Video :

http://4dsnowbike.com/

Detail :

Spongebob
    Free Member

Time to deploy the “NOKIAN HAKKA WXC300’s” !

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Right. I’m leaving now. Wish me luck, and if I don’t reappear soon, then send out a search party!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Some snow in that London this afternoon..

Recoil in horror! Actual flakes of snow rampage through the capital’s streets.

Brrr!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Right I’ve had a traumatic time, and i;m being having to looked after so I”ll report wjhen I’ve recovered from the cold and exstreme conditiomns ok.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The journalists will be more excited about this than the kids at the local primary school.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘SNOWING IN LONDON! BLIZZARD CONDITIONS!’ is closed to new replies.