Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Slightly bizarre/unusual things that make you smile
  • hora
    Free Member

Two kids strapped into hefty childseats with the driver smoking a cig but of course, with the drivers window open an inch because 'she cares'.

votchy
    Free Member

Simple things that make me chuckle are:

Seeing people walk in to glass doors that are pull not push to open
    People stumbling on flat and unimpeding pavements
    People dropping lunch down their fronts, even more funny when it's down a suit, shirt or blouse business attire.

BoardinBob

When someone on the morning commute (on a white On One) catches up with you and tells you you've got a nice bike 🙂

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There used to be some grafiti on a bridge near Milton Keynes (I think) on the northbound M1 that stated 'at least we beat the scum sh*t'.

I always wondered who 'the scum sh*t' were and what they were beaten at.

It was there for years but its gone now.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Cycling nuns

richc
    Free Member

I laughed at the Berlingo thread, where someone said that when his mate turned up in his, his son asked if he was disabled 😉

spacecadett
    Free Member

When I was a student in Leeds, there was some graffiti in Hyde Park that made me chuckle every time I saw it. It read:

Tonight Matthew I am going to be Terry Nutkins

markenduro
    Free Member

Last week in Ireland I saw a car being towed on a rope, all perfectly normal until I noticed the car was being towed backwards with the driver looking over his shoulder to steer it. WTF?

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Scrawled on a bin outside the local Grammar School(my Alma mater) were the words:

'Grammer Rules'

Proof if I ever needed it that teaching standards have dropped since I was there!

Bunnyhop

Warnings on food packages make me chuckle, you know the ones: On a packet of peanuts, 'warning this packet may contain nuts'.

odannyboy
    Free Member

google burkini or burquini. ill say no more.
    then google the story about the french swimming pool and burkini…

guys jogged past me once and tripped up and fell to the ground.he immediattly does ten press ups and tried to make out he had meant to do it!cracked me up for hours.

someone in my town felt the urge to write "appocalypse now" on a high up chimmney, only thing is they spelt appocalypse wrongly so stopped and did a second (now correct) attempt below.both have been there for
    years… 😆

on my commute to work i saw a lot of colorful characters mainly in the rougher part of town.best was a guy who casually passed me on a pink fold up ladies shopper bike.it was warm so he was in t shirt and jeans like me
    but also a full balaclava! only had eye holes!i thought it was a wind up (or a really low budget bank raid!) untill i saw him again a week later 😯

i could go on.i love nutty people!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

The packaging for the tyres I received this morning:

MoreCashThanDash

I walked past a house called "Chuckle Cottage" – you can't help yourself when you see the sign….

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

People who pick up their dog shite when out walking then walk till they think no one can see them then dropping the bag…

user-removed
    Free Member

Graffiti on an old building near me; "Listed Building. Do not vandalise"

And by the same guy(s) on the nearby skate park; "Don't be gay – take drugs".

juiced
    Free Member

I see a Banksey peice of art on my way home from paddington train station. It's is truely amazing and makes me smile.

Also I love seeing Punks / Cyber People in Camden.

aracer
    Free Member

only thing is they spelt appocalypse wrongly

Are you completely sure about that? 🙄

Sitting on the wheel of people who've overtaken me and quite clearly want me to do my bit, or for me to go away, makes me smile.

spooky_b329

On my way home from work…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Huge guys with tiny dogs.

spooky_b329

Just remembered another from a window that overlooks a neighbouring police station…

Apt 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

"I see a Banksey peice of art on my way home from paddington train station."
    so what's it look like then?

Spaceman
    Free Member

These lorries always make me smile when I see them about, a rallying call to Scottish arsonists everywhere.

spooky_b329

heheh, brilliant 🙂

plop_pants
    Free Member

my friend telling me on the phone last night that he'd just got out of the bath wearing a single blue marigold.

WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY, ALRIGHT!

Spaceman
    Free Member

There used to be a bit of graffitti on Victoria Road in Leeds that said 'are you normal?'. a bit further up the road was another bit asking 'are you sure you're normal?'

Always made me smile on my way to work.

Kogzz
    Free Member

4 30am on the way into work on a very wet pavement getting my laces caught in the D rings of my opposite boot then face planting into a puddle.
    this made howl with laughter !!
    😳

i work in a council in west london and the the parks team built some huge (for london!) artificial hills with the rubble etc from the old wembley stadium. There really cool and very popular and its a lovely well used green space. These mounds are pretty big as mentioned maybe 40 50 ft high sloped about 20 degrees in gradient and grassed. Well the A40 (very busy road in and out of london) runs right past them and i wet myself when one of the rangers told me they had to go up here to strim one of them because on one of them on the side that faces the road someone drew a MASSIVE schoolboy style 60ft cock n balls in white paint!

Loves it!

x

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nicky, that's priceless.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

There's a new billboard poster outside work for the Alpha Course (religious mumbo jumbo) which asks the question "Does God Exist?" in stark black lettering. Underneath there are three blank tick-box options, "Yes", "No", "Probably".

The day after it went up, local neds had emphatically scrawled a large, bold "X" in the "No" box (showing rare insight, I thought).

Today I noticed that someone else had meekly added a faint, red tick in the "Yes" box.

Christian vandals – brilliant! Society is so complex and nuanced, isn't it?

Dangerboy
    Free Member

When I lived in Chorely there was a lot of building work on.
    I cycled over a cheeky rail bridge upon which a local yoof had spray painted "fat t*ts".
    Made us chuckle no end that this was the best they could come up with.

A whole, brand new, pristine bridge. Blank canvas.
    Not "nice…" or "show us you…" etc.

Ah well, happy days.

Bloody Northerners… ;o)

sootyandjim
    Free Member

A classic piece of graffiti within certain circles of the aviation world.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Chipps dancing on the latest Eurobike vid gave me a little chuckle this morning

hora
    Free Member

The amount of accident management courtesy cars I saw on the M62 over Saddleworth last night. Eek, all of them driven a mixture of overcareful and with total abandon

coffeeking
    Free Member

Warnings on food packages make me chuckle, you know the ones: On a packet of peanuts, 'warning this packet may contain nuts'.

You are aware that peanuts aren't nuts, but are often made in factories where there ARE nuts and hence the warning is needed for people who are actually allergic to nuts?

nicko74

NickyB, you have taught me something I didn't know – every time I drove past those cones I always wondered what they are – now I know! Woot!

swamp_boy

The phantom Francophile who goes round here with a roll of black tape changing signs from Barnet to Barnét. Makes me grin every time I see another has been done.

bigG
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

"Piss off biggles"

😆

Bunnyhop

Coffeeking-I did indeed know about the nuts thing, it was just a chuckle example 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

fat goths

really old teddy boys (a dying breed now)

replaced with

old punks

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Slightly bizarre/unusual things that make you smile’ is closed to new replies.