Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Slightly bizarre/unusual things that make you smile
  • binners

I've just seen a fine example this morning. It made me grin through the rainy commute.

As I was dropping the kids off at school, a woman pulled up next to me, also depositing her offspring. She was driving the most ridiculously chavved-up Fiat Punto I've ever seen. In the words of Pauline Calf: "**** me! It looks like you've covered it in superglue and ram-raided Halfords!!"
    Enormous spoiler, Skirts, blacked out windows, big ****-off air intake on the bonnet, exhaust pipe you could fit a water melon up.

She gets out to reveal full Islamic garb. Headscarf, veil, the lot. The visual contradiction didn't half make me giggle on a grey rainy morning

Your examples please….

racefaceec90

Cheesyfeet – Member
    WTF????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/weird-bark-with-eye_W0QQitemZ230370243127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL?hash=item35a322f237&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 .this was from the crappest item on e bay thread.it just made me laugh. 🙂

trailmonkey

dogs that have been to the vets and have to wear those lampshade things on their heads

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

People choosing to ride a bike without gears, brakes or a freewheel! Hilarious! Especially when they fall off in front of lots of people who then point and laugh.

tyger
    Free Member

Careful binners, you'll be labeled a racist for comments like that on here! 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

hora posting a wanted or for sale advert.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Toddler logic: a conversation with a friends 3 year old boy began with, "Do sharks eat ghosts?" It got weirder after that.

roper
    Free Member

When it is windy and the black bag in a public bin is still attached but ballooning out. WWOOOOOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAHhHAhhahhahahahahh…ha…ha…eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the abandoned push chair outside our village primary school on the first day of school this year.

mum puts younger sibling in back of monstrous and badly parked chelsea tractor then just leaves the push chair out for the pikeys to steal. I pushed it up to the school gates and told one of the teachers about it.

made me smile for some reason.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tyger – why would he be labeled racist for that observation?

*shakes head*

your post shows that you simply do not understand what racism is.

binners

tyger – yes, I'm waiting for him to turn up and accuse me of racism 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Slightly bizarre/unusual things that make you smile

TJ.

😈

snowslave

I saw a tree in Halifax, and someone had written "TREE" on it in big white paint.

Similarly, a kid of a mate of mine got one of those embossed sticky label producing things from the 70s and labelled her fish tank – "fish tank".

binners

Woohoooooooooooo. Right on cue!!!!

samuri
    Free Member

Quite sadly I expect, religious people. Religion is just evil but religious people put a little smile on my face every time they dogmatically follow their faith with their own self imposed little constraints in the belief that it's going to make sure they have a place in heaven.

If god is all powerful he can see inside you, he knows what sort of person you are, you don't have to keep telling him.

goon
    Free Member

A spate of graffiti in our town modified signs to point out that Reg is gay.

On the electricity sub-station thingy: 'Danger of Death' now reads 'Danger of Reg is gay'

On a bridge: The no stopping symbol above 'At any time' now reads 'Reg is gay at any time'

Oh, and the canal bridge, 'Smith is gay'. Could you narrow it down a bit please?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I once made a mini flag out of a coctail stick and put the BT logo on the flag, then proceeded to put stick into a prominent fox turd outside our office (work for a telecoms company BTW).
    It made me chuckle!
    Was riding a coastal bridleway when i came across a couple of guys who were a bit merry, one was carrying what looked like a rum a coke in one hand and a can of beer in the other. I slow down as i approached and he offers me the drink and says "Jamiesons for the road?", made me chuckle for ages!

kimbers

muffin tops they arouse/repulse and amuse me

alpin
    Free Member

grown up germans waiting for the green light telling them it's safe to cross the road….. you're 56. it's 10pm. the road is clear. FFS…!

free thinking 'geht nicht' (doesn't go).

alpin
    Free Member

Kimbers, you want to stick your finger in them?

kimbers

im not sure what i want to do with them they just make me smile

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Similar to kimbers, but somewhat more pleasant – An expensive whale tail spotted on a fine filly. Always raises a…….smile.

kimbers

can you combime the 2?

Nico
    Free Member

Sign in window of my local Poundbuster, "No dog or cat". "Cat" has then been crossed out.

Nico
    Free Member

Carrots

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best not, Kimbers.

Whale tail + Muffin tops = Cheescutter effect.

markfu
    Free Member

grown up germans waiting for the green light telling them it's safe to cross the road….. you're 56. it's 10pm. the road is clear. FFS…!
    ———————————————————————-

I've been living there for 8 months now and it still makes me chuckle.

I once saw a female tramp in Lille taking a dump in the middle of a very busy town square, while at the same time having a slanging match with another tramp. No one else but me seemed to notice, t'was very strange indeed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In Germany its illegal to cross if the green man is not lit and they do get done for it – and Germans are very law abiding

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

a woman pushing a pushchair with toddler in it through the centre of bolton .stopped at crossing + lifted the whole thing up for pudgy offspring to push the button then stood there all excited waiting for the lights to change.sweet

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tyger – Member

Careful binners, you'll be labeled a racist for comments like that on here!

TandemJeremy – Member

Tyger – why would he be labeled racist for that observation?

*shakes head*

your post shows that you simply do not understand what racism is.

binners – Member

tyger – yes, I'm waiting for him to turn up and accuse me of racism

binners – Member

Woohoooooooooooo. Right on cue!!!!
    Major inability to read FAIL!

BoardinBob

A female colleague receiving a congratulatory email from a client in russia re. my colleagues newly announced pregnancy. it read

"wonderful news. I am not mother yet but it is wonderful to have a man inside you"

😯
    😆

BlingBling
    Free Member

Boarding bob can you help me with this email sent from a Korean vendor to our assistant in 2004?
    It was that good I kept it.

Dear,

The sliced raw fish shoes to be late is sorry.

It does not do a mail confirmation well and not to be able with this it appears the same day to be occurring.

The next like this one in order not to be, it will pay attention.

Here I send the No. to your Request.

😕

markfu
    Free Member

In Germany its illegal to cross if the green man is not lit and they do get done for it – and Germans are very law abiding
    —————————————————–

Yes it is, and i abide by that law in busy areas, but in a suburb late at night when there is no traffic about it just looks comical.

binners

Come on TJ. Get into the spirit of things. What amuses you? go on. Do tell 😀

Dylan08
    Free Member

Hora's Marzocchi 'for sale' adverts

nickc

Watched a bloke in Bruges obviously stoned out of his mind trying to remember how a bicycle worked, he'd put a foot on the pedal look up, and was clearly expecting to be whizzing along, but hadn't quite remembered that you need to pedal…Then he get off, check everything was working in a comically stoned way, get back on repeat the whole process….We were wetting our pants laughing at this guy.

Saw him later wobbling along with a four pack, so he must have remembered eventually.

hora
    Free Member

binners! You look like a proper Manc sat in a pub. I bet you've been asked if you have any 'knock-off' loads of times 😉

tyger
    Free Member

TJ – it was said in jest – doh!

alpin
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

yes they are very law abiding…. but not very free thinking. the state does it for them.

there are even notices under the red man saying "den kinder ein vorbild" or "give the children an example". no, just teach zour kids to cross the road on their own.

kennyp
    Free Member

We had a parcel delivered from Amazon a while back. It was several books and DVDs, so quite bulky. No-one was in so the postman had tried to "hide" it by putting it under the doormat.

Not sure how exactly he thought that was hidden, but it did make me chuckle.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Slightly bizarre/unusual things that make you smile’ is closed to new replies.