Viewing 40 posts - 16,601 through 16,640 (of 21,724 total)
  • Sir! Keir! Starmer!
  • dazh

Amazing. One one side we have people who post to tell us how the thread isn’t good enough for them, on the other we have others who keep a log of what some of us post so they can use it in future to claim imaginary brownie points. 🤷‍♂️

Is this sort of obsessive introspection common on other internet forums?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seems we also have people who think what they say is important enough to be logged. Ffs, get over yourself. I just tend to recall the more ridiculous statements people make. Perhaps that’s why your stuff stood out. I dunno…

tjagain

On a vague attempt to keep this on track.  Sounds like Starmer utterly roasted Sunak at PMQs today and he is beginning to get some themes to stick.

dazh

Perhaps that’s why your stuff stood out.

Or maybe it’s because you only ever post on these threads to have a go at me for some bizarre reason? It’s literally your only contribution. Bit weird having an internet stalker.

kelvin

Sounds like Starmer utterly roasted Sunak at PMQs today and he is beginning to get some themes to stick.

Sunak’s only tactic now seems to be use the line “union paymasters”… I think he needs to be careful drawing attention to how the two big parties are funded.

Oh, there was a bit of the classic “Labour wanted to close the schools”… ignoring that his government “closed” the schools, and kept most pupils at home for far longer due to acting late during a public health crisis. Oh, worth noting that the fee paying schools at the heart of this VAT rebate issue were “closed” sooner with pupils at home in the way and at the time Labour were calling for that measure in state schools.

dissonance

I think he needs to be careful drawing attention to how the two big parties are funded.

It is a somewhat risky area especially given the return on investment some tory funders get. Its a shame Starmer isnt counterattacking but then Labour funding has shifted somewhat.

rone

PMQs – two suits just slogging it out with nothing to say of any consequence.

That’s how it sounded to me.

Sunak is woefully incomplete. Like a really unconvincing actor.

The most invisible PM ever.

rone

The VAT thing really does want sorting out – as a supplier to a local independent school I pay their vat on my work because they get an exemption not to pay it. I’m flat rate and can’t claim it back.

Terrible system.

Too many Teslas in the car park the days. Bit of VAT won’t scare them off.

kelvin

two suits just slogging it out

Don’t they have to wear collar and tie? Do they have a choice not to wear a suit? Can any man take to the dispatch box in a T-shirt and jeans?

Terrible system.

Ageed. Removing it is a Labour policy that Sunak didn’t even attempt to counter today. Just babbled on about something else. The current position is indefensible really.

rone

Don’t they have to wear collar and tie? Do they have a choice not to wear a suit? Can any man take to the dispatch box in a T-shirt and jeans?

Not the literal wearing of a suit but when we use the term suit to mean by the book/establishment type/administrator etc.

johnx2
    Free Member

we use the term suit to mean by the book/establishment type/administrator etc.

… whereas we want our PMs to be generally wild and crazy? Tried that with the last couple

binners

What this thread needs is a film of Angela Rayner doing a DJ set playing cheesy 90’s house music

You’ve got to love her! 😃

kelvin

Did Manchester win?

[ oh, if you didn’t know, this was a tag team DJ battle between Manchester and Liverpool, raising money for the Beds for Christmas effort … I only know about it because of Rowetta doing her bit promoting it like hell on Twitter … I’ve donated … get on it ]

Poopscoop

^ Jesus, the shit being posted on Twitter about her attending a CHARITY event! Ffs!

binners

The abuse aimed at Angela Rayner is just pure out-and-out snobbery and says an awful lot more about the people dishing it out than it does about her

Poopscoop

Snobbery for sure mixed in with misogyny and just plain nastiness.

One guy calling her a “slapper” for daring the dance at a charity event.

What a “man”.

rone

whereas we want our PMs to be generally wild and crazy? Tried that with the last couple

It doesn’t have to swing to the extreme you know someone with a little conviction and doesnt mislead might be the direction we’re looking for.

rone

The abuse aimed at Angela Rayner is just pure out-and-out snobbery and says an awful lot more about the people dishing it out than it does about her

You’ve built a STW career out of attacking certain politicians on a personal level many times.

binners

A STW career?

Can I put that on my CV? 😂

kerley
    Free Member

You can but I can’t see it giving you much of an advantage in any job application unless the job title is “Posting Monty Python images on a forum”. That reminds me, haven’t seen any for a while?

ernielynch

You can but I can’t see it giving you much of an advantage in any job application

Not even when Richard Littlejohn decides to retire?

“Here is some of my finest STW work”

tjagain

I suspect a large part of the abuse Raynor gets is due to her ability to get under the skin of tories.  However to me she is another English politician not understanding scotland and making pronouncements about scotland that she has no idea how offensive they are.  she is a large part of the “two cheeks of the same arse” issue with labour north of the border

ernielynch

she has no idea how offensive they are.

As someone who isn’t easily offended I have no idea either. How offensive are they?

tjagain

Well in absolute terms not much but what she says is simply incorrect and to claim that its because Scotland returns SNP mps we have a UK tory government is just wrong put that along with “never speak to the SNP” and it says that Scotlands wishes are irrelevant and does nothing to bridge the divide.  This sort of thing will not attract voters north of the border to Labour indeed will drive them further away

dazh

put that along with “never speak to the SNP” and it says that Scotlands wishes are irrelevant and does nothing to bridge the divide.

TJ has it ever occured to you that much like the EU were indifferent to the wishes of the UK govt that the UK might be somewhat indifferent to what the scots want for the very same reasons? It’s possibly another example of Scottish independence mirroring brexit.

kelvin

But they weren’t. The UK gov shaped EU policy.

Anyway, this thread…

dazh

Kelvin are you denying that the EU saw the UK as troublemakers? Yes the UK had influence but it was a mostly negative influence and I doubt the rest of the EU were too bothered when we decided to flounce. As far as Scotland goes I reckon that whatever goodwill is left in the UK towards the scots could quickly disappear on both sides of the political spectrum as a result of their incessant whining about independence and brexit. The scots have more power and self-determination than any other region or country in the UK, and the scottish people benefit greatly from that with very little complaint from english people who don’t have the benefits they have. It would be a tragedy if that situation changes and the two countries became more divided and suspicious of the other as that sort of thing isn’t going to end in a good place.

tjagain

It’s possibly another example of Scottish independence mirroring brexit.

Oh FFS – the two are for diametrically opposite reasons!

Jeepers man  thats the attitude that pushes scotland away

dovebiker

Scotland goes I reckon that whatever goodwill is left in the UK towards the scots could quickly disappear on both sides of the political spectrum as a result of their incessant whining about independence and brexit.

Aye, Labour’s true colours revealed – the brand of unionism perpetrated on Scotland and Ireland by men in bowler hats that bang drums, play flutes and light bonfires on the 17th July.

kelvin

as a result of their incessant whining

Jeepers man

I suspect he’s just trolling you now giving you the “argument” you paid for.

Ignore Enjoy.

argee

Personally i’m enjoying Rayner growing into politics, a couple of years ago tories found it too easy to get her to walk into an argument or a statement that could then have them turning round acting the victim, or making her the story, she’s learning to combat that in parliament and out of it.

dazh

So Starmer this morning setting out how he’s going to transfer power to communities and regions (including Scotland) and all the press and twitterati want to talk about is why he’s not handing it back to the EU. 🤷‍♂️

johnx2
    Free Member

why he’s not handing it back to the EU

I know right? When the EU already has it!

dazh

When the EU already has it!

Has what?

kelvin

The proposals include allowing Scotland to sign new treaties with the EU in devolved policy areas.

johnx2
    Free Member

Has what?

power

Northwind

kelvin

Sunak’s only tactic now seems to be use the line “union paymasters”… I think he needs to be careful drawing attention to how the two big parties are funded.

Yep. Though, it worked against Miliband- too scared to say “yeah we get money from union members, normal working british people- who do you get your money from you bought-and-paid-for little shit?”

dazh

TJ has it ever occured to you that much like the EU were indifferent to the wishes of the UK govt that the UK might be somewhat indifferent to what the scots want for the very same reasons?

That doesn’t make any sense. Scotland used to deliver Labour a nice pile of votes and seats, due largely to party incompetence north and south of the border now they don’t. Scottish Labour’s only goal is to convince people to vote Tory instead of SNP, and Westminster Labour just hasn’t a clue but still insists on having strong opinions about it. It’s a really sad irony that the only time the national party has actually sat back and let the scottish party deal with Scotland, was at the exact point the scottish party hit rock bottom. Any time they have halfway competent leadership, westminster wants to tell them what to do.

The 13 scottish tory MPs basically made it possible for Theresa May to form a government. That could have been avoided

ChrisL

What power?

dazh

The proposals included allowing Scotland to sign new treaties with the EU in devolved policy areas.

Yup. That’s a good thing no? I’m sure TJ will be supportive..

johnx2
    Free Member

What power?

dunno if that was in response to me but yeah let’s do brexit. The EU has lost no power as a result of brexit. We have. I mean maybe we’ll have more at some point in the future over trade deals but they’ve not happened yet. The power transfer has de facto been from us to EU. I can’t see there being any more to “hand back to EU”

Viewing 40 posts - 16,601 through 16,640 (of 21,724 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.