Viewing 40 posts - 12,041 through 12,080 (of 21,724 total)
  • Sir! Keir! Starmer!
  • binners

Don’t worry… I lost track of what it is I’m actually being accused of quite some time ago. Not actually living in Bury? Being racist? Being worse than Hitler? All the above? Who knows?

This thread has always been something of an alternative dimension, but in the last 24 hours, even by its usual unhinged standards, its gone completely hatstand

ernielynch

Mostly accused of being a hypocrite. You enthusiastically support witch hunts against Corbyn supporters for alleged anti-Semitism, whilst making generalisations of how Jews vote.

ernielynch

“Welcome to the modern Labour party—more concerned about stopping the deportation of foreign criminals than keeping our streets safe. We on the Government Benches do take that obligation and duty seriously; that is why we are taking these measures. I thank my hon. Friend for all the work that he is doing to deport these foreign serious criminals and make our country safer. Can he confirm that this Government are removing foreign criminals from the UK every week and that this flight is no different?”

– Labour’s newest MP, Christian Wakeford

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2020-11-30/debates/D3928F57-B16F-4BB0-9A50-642E1C47E6C7/ScheduledMassDeportationJamaica

rone

Has Starmer unified the Tories by allowing Wakeford in?

Seems to me they’re pulling together again.

Starmer saves Boris!

tjagain

Not how it works rone – they may have circled the wagons for now but that will not save Johnson ( stop calling him Boris FFS – its a piece of PR guff intended to make him seem likable) But actually the longer Johnson is there the longer and more nasty the infighting becomes and the worse it is long term for the tory party

Its not what anyone intended but if it happens its good.  What the UK needs is for the tory party to tear itself apart over this not to escape undamaged.

edhornby

Take a look at LucyBurkeMcr ‘s twitter account today, she stood as Labour candidate and nearly got in, was only thwarted by Ivan Lewis standing against her. I hope she is selected again because she’d be great for our constituency, Wakefords voting record is toxic.

I suppose its helpful for Labour at the moment to have a scalp and I hope he goes on the record to dish every bit of dirt on the tories that he has, but his record can’t be waved away because he voted against free school meals, for NI rises and against the UnivCredit increase, against cleaning up rivers, fundamental opposed to stuff labour will campaign on in the next GE.

trailmonkey

What the UK needs is for the tory party to tear itself apart over this not to escape undamaged.

The problem with this is that you never know what you’re going to get, ie, the Tory party indulges in 40 year civil war, tearing itself apart over Europe only for the fallout to end up destroying the Labour Party and giving the Tories an 80 seat majority.
    Given the mood of the country I don’t think it’s too hard to imagine that this could end up strengthening the right wing/socially conservative elements of politics before it hands power to anything remotely leftwing/progressive.
    As depressing as it sounds…………

ernielynch

stop calling him Boris FFS – its a piece of PR guff intended to make him seem likable

I took it as the pisstake suggestion of a catchy new slogan, rather a term of endearment……“Starmer saves Boris!”

rone

No comment.

rone

Not how it works rone – they may have circled the wagons for now but that will not save Johnson ( stop calling him Boris FFS – its a piece of PR guff intended to make him seem likable) But actually the longer Johnson is there the longer and more nasty the infighting becomes and the worse it is long term for the tory party

Its not what anyone intended but if it happens its good. What the UK needs is for the tory party to

Let’s how it unfolds shall we? I’m thinking it would have been more impressive for everyone involved to not let Wakeford in – (what shall I call him?) – Starmer to slam the door shut would’ve gotten respect on all sides.

As for ‘Starmer saves Boris’ – yeah feel the context would you?

ransos
    Free Member

Take a look at LucyBurkeMcr ‘s twitter account today, she stood as Labour candidate and nearly got in, was only thwarted by Ivan Lewis standing against her. I hope she is selected again because she’d be great for our constituency, Wakefords voting record is toxic.

Agreed. Given Labour’s poor performance overall in 2019, the fact that she got so close despite the toxic Lewis splitting the vote would strongly suggest Labour retaining the seat next time, so why not select someone who isn’t trying to save their own skin?

edhornby

I hope he goes on the record to dish every bit of dirt on the tories that he has

didn’t have to wait very long then ! turns out the Radcliffe high school build was the threat, properly dirty work by the whips that.

(this school has been planned for more than the last year, the old one shut in 2014 and the process to open a new one was started as soon as by labour councillors with assistance from gropey Ivan ironically, it’s not Wakeford’s project although I have a v.small degree of sympathy if he was trying to protect the school which Radcliffe badly needs)

kelvin

Seems to me they’re pulling together again.

I still don’t think Starmer has what it take to win an election … but if Johnson can win back support from his MPs, but fails to win back support from the public … that has to give Labour their best shot at winning the next General Election, even with Mr insipid and directionless at the helm.

kerley
    Free Member

No comment.

Not even about her teeth? They are some very good teeth indeed (photoshopped?). Let’s hope they help with the countries learning, innovating etc,.

grum
    Free Member

I live in Bury. I have lots of Jewish friends

Neither of these things are true are they 😂

Ramsbottom is in the county of Bury it’s not Bury the town, and it’s in a different constituency. Big Jewish community in Ramsbottom is there? How many Jewish friends binners? I would say ‘lots’ implies what, at least 5-10? More?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ramsbottom is in the county of Bury it’s not Bury the town,

Bury isn’t a county, it has a MBC which Ramsbottom is part of

and it’s in a different constituency.

Yes, Bury North as opposed to Bury South

Big Jewish community in Ramsbottom is there?

Quite a few I imagine, the main park in the town is quite popular with members of the orthodox community who you see playing with their kids there on a Sunday

How many Jewish friends binners? I would say ‘lots’ implies what, at least 5-10? More?

How many friends does Binners have in total? Tens, hundreds, thousands? Do MNPR members court?

rone

Not even about her teeth? They are some very good teeth indeed (photoshopped?)

Lol.

Get learning the lot of you.

grum
    Free Member

Bury isn’t a county, it has a MBC which Ramsbottom is part of

Either way there’s a town called Bury and a town called Ramsbottom and they are separate, different and several miles apart and binners lives in one not the other.

Funnily enough I really do have a Jewish friend who lives in Ramsbottom who isn’t made up, so there’s all the evidence you need. I wonder if she’s one of the countless Jewish friends binners has there.

binners

grum
    Free Member

That you’re making stuff up, as usual (despite not even posting here any more).

grum
    Free Member

I actually found the stats, there are 50 Jewish people in Ramsbottom.

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/northwestengland/greater_manchester/E35000015__ramsbottom/

Binners must be friends with almost all of them.

binners

Oh… because it definitely says Bury on my address. But then again my postcode is a Bolton one

It’s a geographical minefield. No wonder I’m so confused.

Thanks for clearing up where I live for me though, comrade

grum
    Free Member

This is hilarious you can’t even be consistent in where you claim to live. Where was the infamous pub where you stood up to the racists binners?

My address says Carnforth and my postcode is Lancashire but I live in S Cumbria. I don’t tend to pretend I live in different places to suit different arguments though.

binners

I know that this is going to come as a shock to you but with modern transport its actually possible to have friends in postcodes outside your own, further than walking distance

I don’t know whats the most Tragic? Ernie trawling through years worth of my bullshit posts, or you googling local populations?

I think its probably worth both of you having a long, hard look at your lives

grum
    Free Member

No don’t worry I’m sure sometimes we all pretend to live in totally different towns at different times in order to try and score some internet points.

And yes I will now have a good hard look at my life, thanks for the heads up. 😘

ernielynch

Ernie trawling through years worth of my bullshit posts

Told you before mate, no trawling necessary…..click on about the first 3 pages of the Jeremy Corbyn thread and within seconds your posts, completely contradicting everything you are saying today, are instantly revealed.

It couldn’t be easier. Here’s a quick example that took me about 30 seconds to find :

The mess the labour party is in is all down to Blair. Another thing we’ve got to thank him for. Due to his messiah complex, and his intolerence of free-thinking or disent, he hollowed out the party from the inside.

Of course no one needs to go that far back to find examples of you completely contradicting yourself, about a week ago you were slagging off Starmer for not apparently not being working-class enough and unable to effectively challenge Johnson.

This week you have completely changed your opinion and he’s apparently doing a great job.

It’s actually more of effort to find what you were posting a couple of weeks ago than it is going to the start of the Jeremy Corbyn thread.

The problem for you binners is that I enjoy your posts so much that even years later I can still recall comments that you have made.

Make your posts boring, like many on here, and they will barely register with me. But I don’t believe you are capable of that…..all that passion and anger needs to be expressed! 🙂

kelvin

It’s a geographical minefield.

Just refer to <<<<< all this >>>>> as “The North”, it makes it easier for them.

This week you have completely changed your opinion and he’s apparently doing a great job.

My god! Modifying your opinion of a politician after “events” and the passing of time (and movement in the polls)? Stone him!

My opinion hasn’t changed, Starmer is just not tripping over his own shoelaces as the Conservatives (and Vote Leave team) eat each over. Actually, perhaps that’s doing him a disservice… there are other politicians who would struggle even with so much help being given by the Tories and their hangers on.

ernielynch

LOL Is that what it’s called…….”modifying your opinions”! 😊

The mess the labour party is in is all down to Blair. Another thing we’ve got to thank him for. Due to his messiah complex, and his intolerence of free-thinking or disent, he hollowed out the party from the inside.

kelvin

I dunno, but I if that’s the old Binners, then I agree with him. What’s the new Binners said that contradicts that description of the state Labour were left in after Blair?

ernielynch

The “new binners” claims that Labour should emulate what Blair achieved, the “old binners” claimed that Blair screwed the Labour Party and everything was his fault. Today everything is Corbyn’s fault. In a couple of years time everything will be Starmer’s fault. HTH

kelvin

You’re making things up. But it is true the leader of the party must shoulder a lot of the responsibility for how they leave the party when their time is up.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Either way there’s a town called Bury and a town called Ramsbottom and they are separate, different and several miles apart and binners lives in one not the other.

Postal addresses are Ramsbottom, Bury…..

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I actually found the stats, there are 50 Jewish people in Ramsbottom.

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/northwestengland/greater_manchester/E35000015__ramsbottom/

Binners must be friends with almost all of them.

Any website that estimates the population of Ramsbottom has gone down in the last 10 years is frankly a dubious source

grum
    Free Member

Postal addresses are Ramsbottom, Bury

Yup already covered this. My postal address says Arnside, Carnforth, Lancashire despite me living in Cumbria – people would think I was a crazy person if I said I lived in Carnforth or Lancashire.

In the context of Manchester and politics it’s like saying you live in Moss Side when actually you live in Chorlton-cum-Hardy

And believe it or not my use of population statistics wasn’t entirely serious. 🙄

What’s the new Binners said that contradicts that description of the state Labour were left in after Blair?

That anyone who criticises Tony Blair about anything is some kind of deranged trot who just hates winning, or something. Perhaps he’s including his former self in that description.

ransos
    Free Member

Postal addresses are Ramsbottom, Bury…..

As is Tottington and many other places. What’s your point?

ransos
    Free Member

No don’t worry I’m sure sometimes we all pretend to live in totally different towns at different times in order to try and score some internet points.

It’s easily done: I’m in Cheddar and Clifton simultaneously, after all they both have Bristol postcodes so they must be the same place.

Mind you, now we’ve learned that everywhere under Bury council is the same place, Binners should be worried. Just think what being associated with Radcliffe will do to his house price.

welshfarmer

As a Welsh hill sheep farmer, I have to be very careful if I use the words “Bury” and “Ramsbottom” in the same sentance…

As you were chaps 😉

kelvin

I think you should all campaign to have the parliamentary constituency names changed, how about “places near Bury, South” and “places near Bury, North”. This obviously matters to you so much. Start a petition or something.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

As a Welsh hill sheep farmer, I have to be very careful if I use the words “Bury” and “Ramsbottom” in the same sentance…

I imagine the same goes for ‘velcro” and “gloves”……..

rone

The STW postcode finder app is not ready for the masses.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,041 through 12,080 (of 21,724 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.